• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're just quoting people. But that last sentence is a really silly thing to say. The only reason the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl is a dropped pass by Welker? Last time I checked, Tom Brady and the offense scored just 17 points that game.

The giants defense was a very good one, especially against one dimensional offensive teams.

But you make that catch in the Super Bowl or you deserve to get shit for it.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 best QBs I have ever seen.
Agreed. I was too young to really appreciate Joe Montana.

I love the Brady vs Manning debate. I give Brady the advantage at this point. IF the Broncos were to win the Super Bowl this year, and Manning completes the greatest season a QB has ever had with a Super Bowl win, then Manning has to take the lead in my opinion. That will be a tough piece of humble pie to swallow. However, if Brady were to win it all this season with far fewer weapons than Manning has at his disposal, I think Brady further cements his legacy and it will be extremely tough for Manning to match him.

At the end of the day, both should be appreciated as two all time greats. Sometimes the Brady vs Manning banter turns ridiculous. The claims of Peyton is a choker and Brady is a system QB are ridiculous. I'm just glad I got to see a Brady vs Manning game live, even if it was just one time.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The giants defense was a very good one, especially against one dimensional offensive teams.

I'm not saying the Welker drop is excusable. Yes, he catches that ball and they win. But saying it's the only reason they lost is ridiculous.

And that Giants defense was 25th in points allowed per game and 29th against the pass. It's just revisionist history saying they were a very good defense.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOM-BRADY-FUCK-YOU-BITCHES.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure how much Blount will get this weekend. I mean Denver will do everything to stop the run because honestly does Brady truly have that many "weapons" to throw too? I mean he has DA and Edelman (who I think the Broncos will double team all game) and that's about it. I am more worried about a shot out type game as I think if it gets to that the Broncos win.

Now to the actual topic of this thread: DO WE REALLY NEED ANOTHER ONE OF THESE TYPES OF THREADS? COME ON... REALLY?!?!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh come on guys let's move on from this, please! Should he have caught it (based on his passed performances) most likely.. He didn't.... Defense didn't do it's job and the Giants drove what 80 + yards or something like that and a amazing once in a lifetime catch happened and NE lost. They did not lose because of the Welker drop.

Eli escaping the grasp (which I thought in years passed was called as, "in the grasp" or whatever) and making a hell of a throw has more to do with the Giants "W" then Welker's drop.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Brady. 0 TDs against the Colts :laugh3:

I figured there wouldn't be as much trolling here. ESPN was a trolls breeding ground. Well, now that I think about it; it was probably 3 or 4 people with tons of alternate accounts talking to each other.

clearly you didn't watch the game or know anything about football. Blount was unstoppable that game and there was NO need for Brady to throw the ball... But I guess you're not used to things like this.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many of those times was it the Pats?

You kinda just proved the point that the AFCE is cake.

When you take a hard look at it...

The Ravens won the SB last year.

The Steelers made it there in 2010, and won it in '08. The Ravens were a WC team that year.

The Bengals have made the playoffs the last 3 years.

Now let's look at the AFCE...

The Pats went to the SB in 2011.

In 2010 both Jets and Pats made the post season.

The 'Fins made the post season in '08.

Simply put, your division is dominated by one team whereas the AFCN isn't dominated by anyone. It rotates between the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals.

You have the easiest schedule every year and the tough games you have, you always seem to play at home.

When was the last time you played in Denver, for example?

I've run the numbers excluding the Pats and the AFC East is behind the AFC North but ahead of the AFC South and West. Sorry. I've got data and you've got your "perception." I win.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've run the numbers excluding the Pats and the AFC East is behind the AFC North but ahead of the AFC South and West. Sorry. I've got data and you've got your "perception." I win.

Did your data include the fact that the Bills, 'Fins and Jets suck?

How many times, in the last decade or so, has a team NOT the Patriots won that division?

Now compare that to the AFCN. Or NFCE. Or NFCW.

You win your division by default every year because the other teams suck. It also gives you the easiest schedule every year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers compared the bottom 3 of that division to the bottom 3 of every other division.

The fact that the patriots have dominated has literally no bearing on the strength of the division, unless you consider that the records when you include 4 teams including New England show the east as stronger than the rest.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Illustrated:

"Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. At 36 and 37, respectively, both men rank among the best ever at their position and are amazingly still improving.
Let’s start with Brady. He’s one of the shrewdest field readers in NFL history not because of how quickly he recognizes who’s open, but rather, how quickly he recognizes who’s not open. Unrefined quarterbacks stare at a receiver to learn he’s covered. Average quarterbacks glance at a receiver to learn that he’s covered. Good quarterbacks read primary defenders to learn who is covered. Brady reads multiple defenders at the same time, analyzing not only their coverage assignment but also their body angles.
Manning has similar cunning...The trending narrative is that this cunning has allowed Manning to overcome his weakening arm. That’s fair, but it shouldn’t be hyperbolized. Yes, Manning has lost some power, but he’s not Chad Pennington. Manning can still pinpoint difficult throws from unconventional angles. Perfect ball placement has long been his most under-appreciated trait. When coupled with his field awareness, special things happen.
this much is guaranteed: We’ll see quarterbacking at its most brilliant this weekend"

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure how much Blount will get this weekend. I mean Denver will do everything to stop the run because honestly does Brady truly have that many "weapons" to throw too?

it is pick your poison. You sell out to stop Brady, that Patriots run game is going to run all over you (like what happened last week v the Colts). You sell out to stop the run, then you get shredded by Brady. Brady was #6 in the NFL regular season this year with 4,343 yards passing (271.4 per game). That was #4 of QBs that made the playoffs only behind Manning, Brees and Rivers (279.9 per game). Of Brady's 4,343 yds, only 592 went to Gronk

what makes it more interesting is the Broncos have a very good run D (#7 rush D ypc allowed/#7 rush D ypg allowed) but a below-average pass D (#17 pass efficiency D /#27 pass D ypg allowed)...and that was before the Broncos lost CB Chris Harris, their best player in the secondary (and their best defensive player per NFL.com with their best pass rusher Von Miller already being out)

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You win your division by default every year because the other teams suck. It also gives you the easiest schedule every year.

Hmmm, the Patriots pay SIX division games every year. How do you explain the other TEN games they play every year? How can they play the easiest schedule EVERY YEAR (your words) when TEN games are different EVERY YEAR?

You obviously don't understand scheduling and how the NFL determines home and away non-division games. Reading the Cliff Notes on NFL isn't going to make you more knowledgable about the subject.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for anyone that needs help, i'm really good at reading lips. Tom is saying 'Father Business'. I'm not sure exactly what he means by that but maybe he calls BB 'Father' and he is explaining to one of his teammates about how BB's 'Business' is to always make the correct play call to help them win.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN:

Roger Staubach had Terry Bradshaw. Troy Aikman had Steve Young and Brett Favre.

For, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning... it will be their fourth playoff, which are the most postseason matchups between quarterbacks since 1950, according to Elias Sports Bureau, Inc.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, we can all agree that the AFCE is a week Div, but how is that NE fault? NE has had the same coach, same QB, almost the same guys yr in and yr out, and they sign good players. NYJ, Mia, Buff has been through coaches, GM, drafting QB's trying to sign guys to fit. So again how is this NE fault? Does it help them yr in an yr out, sure it does, but again that is not NE fault, its just a sign of a good organization. If the Pats suck, like the majority of you say, then why are they not going 4-12 or 6-10 with all their wins coming vs AFCE teams? Why are they constantly a 1 or 2 seed and getting bye weeks, or hosting a home game for the playoffs? Someone explain this to me please.....

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TIME magazine today:

by Brad Tuttle (who "covers business and personal finance for TIME. He lives in Massachusetts with his wife and four sons")

"Tom Brady Is a...Snob, Peyton Manning Is an...Average Joe
while Brady and Manning have many similarities, their associations with brands and products and the way that they’re portrayed in commercials and endorsements couldn’t be more different.

Manning is best known for his association with Papa John’s, the low-cost quick-serve chain... and most of his partners are also “regular guy” brands, including DirecTV, Oreos, and MasterCard.... he tends to come across in ads as a humble, hardworking, self-deprecating average Joe"
Brady, on the other hand, has a history of being associated with slick, trendy high-end brands such as Movado watches, Glaceau’s Smartwater, and the decidedly un-masculine Uggs boots .
Steve Connelly of the Boston ad agency Connelly Partners, explained that the two have very purposefully chosen their endorsement partners. “Manning uses marketing to enhance his likeability, whereas Brady does not,” Connelly explained. “The Tom Brady brand is...very influenced, I think, by his wife,” model Gisele Bundchen.
it’s unimaginable that Tom Brady would partner with a fast food operator like Papa John’s...unless the product was some elitist “black card” only available to the rich."

(note however they chose to portray themselves with their advertising partners, both Brady and Manning seemed like cool people when I saw them each host Saturday Night Live)

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First this...

Then this? :noidea:

I have always said that the AFCE is a week Div right now. But you need more than your Div wins to land a 1st or 2nd seed, no?
I also noticed you did not answer the question...you also forgot to add a gif too....tired??