• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Patriots have had a ton of injuries but not like the Broncos haven't either...On defense alone they are missing Von, Vickerson, Wolfe, Harris, and Moore. Now that is just the starters who are out. For different parts of the season the Broncos have been without Champ and Woodyard and others have missed a game or two.

I will say the offense has held together pretty well but we are missing 2 starting OL players with one of those being an All-Pro and haven't had many games recently with all 4 of our big name receivers healthy. Actually haven't had that since before the last Pats-Broncos game until this last weekend against the Chargers.

Put Wilfork in the Patriots lineup & the Broncos will only be able to pass the football. He's the best DT in the NFL. No Gronkowski or Hernandez at TE either. The loss of these two should make things easier for the safeties of every team they play.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bd1KdQGIcAAR19E.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Wilfork in the Patriots lineup & the Broncos will only be able to pass the football. He's the best DT in the NFL. No Gronkowski or Hernandez at TE either. The loss of these two should make things easier for the safeties of every team they play.

I agree those injuries definitely make life easier for the Broncos but can't the same be said of the Broncos missing 5 starters on defense for the Patriots. The Broncos played 3 games this season with Champ, DRC, and Harris healthy and in all 3 games they shut down the quarterback to one of their worst games of the season. Von last year was the 2nd best defensive player in the NFL not just best player at his position. Clady was voted to the All-Pro team for the 3rd time last year in his 5 year career. So both teams have had significant injuries. These two teams heal up and I don't see any reason why next year shouldn't play out very similar to this year with these two teams on top in the AFC.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree those injuries definitely make life easier for the Broncos but can't the same be said of the Broncos missing 5 starters on defense for the Patriots. The Broncos played 3 games this season with Champ, DRC, and Harris healthy and in all 3 games they shut down the quarterback to one of their worst games of the season. Von last year was the 2nd best defensive player in the NFL not just best player at his position. Clady was voted to the All-Pro team for the 3rd time last year in his 5 year career. So both teams have had significant injuries. These two teams heal up and I don't see any reason why next year shouldn't play out very similar to this year with these two teams on top in the AFC.

We'll see what happens on Sunday, but on paper the Broncos have a lot more weapons on offense than New England does. It didn't matter earlier in the year. The biggest concern I would have if I was a Broncos fan is do the Broncos have that KILLER INSTINCT? The Patriots aren't going to stop playing if they get a lead. The Broncos better play the same way.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what happens on Sunday, but on paper the Broncos have a lot more weapons on offense than New England does. It didn't matter earlier in the year. The biggest concern I would have if I was a Broncos fan is do the Broncos have that KILLER INSTINCT? The Patriots aren't going to stop playing if they get a lead. The Broncos better play the same way.

I'm not arguing if they have better weapons on offense or not. The obvious answer is yes. We were talking about injuries and how both teams have lost key players this year. Not going to get into who lost more or anything like that but both teams have sustained some big injuries and have found a way to overcome them.

I agree we will have to see if the Broncos have that killer instinct to put this game away. On paper they should win especially with this being a home game but there is a reason they play the game. Sunday just can't get here fast enough.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both NFC teams have mediocre, one dimensional offenses, with very good defenses.

The patriots are the most complete team (the lack dominant receiving threats but have the QB to take advantage of the guys he does have, and are tenth in scoring defense with a coach known for making one dimensional offenses pay), and Denver has a defense good enough to stop either offense and enough weapons on offense that even Seattle can't match up. They will move the ball.

Denvers defense isnt good enough to stop anyone man. LOL. Ill take NE 31-28 in this one. Im not going to get too much into the whole Brady vs Manning debate but lets just say I trust one of them in big games more than the other...

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos sign CB Marquice Cole. The Broncos placed starting cornerback Chris Harris on season-ending injured reserve Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now do the other years. Again - you're trying to prove that the AFC East is a weak division and all you've done is shown that it is middle of the pack in 2011. So 2011 proves you wrong.

I think it's kind of common knowledge the AFC East is a weak division and has been for a few years.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame]http://twitter.com/Patriots/status/422532318348460032[/ame]

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denvers defense isnt good enough to stop anyone man. LOL. Ill take NE 31-28 in this one. Im not going to get too much into the whole Brady vs Manning debate but lets just say I trust one of them in big games more than the other...

They can absolutely stop the total mediocrity the NFC has to offer on that side of the ball.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the Broncos defense has held the last 3 opponents to 17 points or less and under 250 yards total offense so obviously they stopped someone. The Broncos also had 2 turnovers to 0 for the Chargers yet held them to 0 points on those turnovers. They also are top 10 against the run in both yards and yards per carry. They also over the last 3 games got Champ Bailey back (coincidence the defense got better?). Always nice to get a pro bowl player back this late in the season.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's kind of common knowledge the AFC East is a weak division and has been for a few years.

Except the numbers don't back it up. They never have.

The perception exists because the patriots have dominated the division, not because the numbers match that.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the numbers don't back it up. They never have.

The perception exists because the patriots have dominated the division, not because the numbers match that.

No, people think that because the Jets, Bills and 'Fins all blow goats.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The numbers posted show no AFC division has a better out of division record than the East the last few years, even if you remove the champion each year.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last 10 years
NFC west is 18-30 vs AFC east so whats that make them?:suds: