• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Eastern Conference Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see a Thompson/Whiteside matchup SOOOOO BAD....

We saw last year that Thompson could step up in the playoffs- and I think it would be fair to say that the 2nd best Cav for the entirety of the playoffs last year was Tristan Thompson. Its good to know that he embraces those big moments and can really come through in the clutch. The guy AVERAGED a double double in the Finals last season at 10 pts, 13 boards--- his rebounds in the 6 Finals games -- 15, 14, 13, 13, 10, 13...last 4 games of the Finals he had a double double. In the Eastern Conference Finals he averaged 12 points and 11 boards and drew so many holding calls under the offensive glass that it just totally demoralized the big men on the Hawks. Game 6 clincher against the Bulls in Chicago goes for 13, and 17 and plays hard with great defense.

Lets see what the pressure and spotlight do to Mr. Blancote. It will be fascinating to watch- especially when the road gets a little bumpy- which it always does even for the best of the best- i nteh playoffs.

I KNOW that Tristan Thompson can give you 40 minutes worth of great basketball and help you win a Finals game and dominate the glass. Lets see what Hassan is truly worth over the next couple weeks.

We've already seen it.
Well, most of us because you turned the game off during the ass kicking.
Whiteside destroyed him.
Took the fucking ball out his hands like a kid stealing lunch money.

Tristan's a role player that is only known because he plays with James.
Whiteside is known because he's produced on the court in monumental ways and is in the discussion for D player of the year, etc., etc..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've already seen it.
Whiteside destroyed him.

Whiteside is known because he's produced on the court in monumental ways and is in the discussion for D player of the year, etc., etc..
one game? LOL I seem to remember a couple times where Thompson and Mozgov freaking CLOWNED Whiteside.

if you are really trying to point to one regular season game as that important you must be a lot more afraid about Whtiesides post season performance than I originally even thought!

GONNA BE FUN!!!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one game? LOL I seem to remember a couple times where Thompson and Mozgov freaking CLOWNED Whiteside.

if you are really trying to point to one regular season game as that important you must be a lot more afraid about Whtiesides post season performance than I originally even thought!

GONNA BE FUN!!!!

I don't remember this ever happening.

Either way it's just laughable at how you compare a former no. 4 pick to someone, whom by your own admission didn't even belong in the league. That comparison btw seems to be going way out of your favor.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Last time the Cavs and Heat played, you could hear a pin drop in the Cavs lockerroom. Tells you their mindset about the Heat. Of course Cleveland wants them as the 3 seed. They want as many obstacles for the Heat to jump through as possible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember this ever happening.

Either way it's just laughable at how you compare a former no. 4 pick to someone, whom by your own admission didn't even belong in the league. That comparison btw seems to be going way out of your favor.
Whiteside fell out the draft- and out of the lotto in some predictions- because of all the problems that I have documented ad nauseum. Dont blame Thompson that his draft stock ROSE because of his attitude and work ethic hand leadership ability- while Whiteside TANKED his draft status because of those reasons.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside fell out the draft- and out of the lotto in some predictions- because of all the problems that I have documented ad nauseum. Dont blame Thompson that his draft stock ROSE because of his attitude and work ethic hand leadership ability- while Whiteside TANKED his draft status because of those reasons.

And Whiteside is about to get paid. But once again, you're deflecting. Please name me a time that Thompson owned the head-to-head match up. Doesn't matter about a player's past - look at what Whiteside is doing now. Whiteside is in discussion for DPOY (Leonard will probably win it, and rightfully so). I don't see any mention of Thompson. But continue with your pointless crusade and praise to the high heavens about Thompson's effort. It's the very mindset of the Cleveland fanbase - doesn't matter if we win so long as we give 100% effort.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have no proof of that. Every mock draft that I looked back on from that year had Whiteside at best going very late first round. He ended up going 3rd pick in the 2nd round.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What does any of that have to do with Whiteside being the better player right now?

Oh yeah, nothing. Looks like someone is deflecting again.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GONNA BE FUN!!!!

Weren't you on here after ONE game vs Orlando last week?
I'm not wasting my time with you on this anymore.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Wiggy just got taken behind the wood shed by 4 separate people in the span of 20 minutes. Not surprising.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East is primed for some potential upsets.

Atlanta and Boston should be a great series. Two really good coaches who get their teams to play selfless ball. I think the Celtics match up very well to counter-act what Atlanta likes to do. I could see this going 7 games.

Miami and Charlotte would be interesting. Charlotte is playing phenomenal right now, but I think the Heat would probably end up winning this one rather easily. Kemba deserves some consideration for MIP.

Toronto and Indiana should win rather easily. PG13 is amazing, but the Pacers have no answer for Lowry or Derozan. Toronto also has more depth that should play into their favor.

Cleveland will get swept by Detroit. Won't be close really.

JK, Cleveland and Detroit should be much closer than people are giving credit for it. I could see a plausible situation for an upset to happen here because Detroit can throw out so many different looks. There's no answer for Lebron, but Harris can keep up with Love and KCP should be able to defend Kyrie as well as anyone. I think the Cavs probably end up winning, but I could see it going 6 games.

Reactions: LAD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've already seen it.
Whiteside destroyed him.

:pound::pound:WOW...!!!:pound::pound:

does he REALLY wanna see that again...??!!!:lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, remember when the Cavs picked Anthony Bennett?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you on here after ONE game vs Orlando last week?
I'm not wasting my time with you on this anymore.
i saw that Vuvevic abused Whiteside in that game...do you have a point? Just like the Blancote killer- Alex Ajinca did at one time.....you raelly think that ONE game either way means anything at all? LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does any of that have to do with Whiteside being the better player right now?

Oh yeah, nothing. Looks like someone is deflecting again.
hey if you think Whitesie is a changed man and is about nothing but hard work and a great attitude and doing everything by the book it means absoutely ZIP...nada- nothing at all. By all means- give him a long term max contract then and watch those 6th place eastern conference finishes flow in like LeBron James endrosement deals.

I however- certainly do not believe that Whiteside is all of a sudden a changed person. I base that on a very defined timeline of repeated thuggish behavior/poor choices- over a timespan far longer than just a few months. As i highlighted yesterday in that David Alrididge article on Beasley- when you are as talented as Beasley is naturally (or Whiteside for that matter)- when you find yourself playing in Guang-Dong Province- its because you lack something upstairs- not something physical. Right? i mean- if we cant agree on that- were not getting anywhere because its patently obvious. As Aldridge said- lawsuits and marijuana arrests, work ethic concerns, attitude etc- were why Beasley was overseas- NOT a lack of God-Given talent.

I saw Tristan Thompson play like the 2nd best player on a team that got to game 6 of the Finals last year while averagining well over a double double in the series. Does Whiteside have the TALENT to do the same? Sure- absolutely- he likely has the TALENT to do a lot more.

I just merely commented that I think it will be very interesting how Whiteside plays in the postseason- and that if we are comparing him to Thompson- Thompson certainly played really freaking well last year- and we have obviously seen some guys are overwhelemed by the playoffs- We know Thompson isnt one of them. We certainly dont know that about Whiteside yet.

My post was simply saying that I severely doubt that Whiteside will do the same this postseason- at least partly because i believe he is mentally feeble and still is mostly the same guy that got himself blackballed from the league.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey if you think Whitesie is a changed man and is about nothing but hard work and a great attitude and doing everything by the book it means absoutely ZIP...nada- nothing at all. By all means- give him a long term max contract then and watch those 6th place eastern conference finishes flow in like LeBron James endrosement deals.

I however- certainly do not believe that Whiteside is all of a sudden a changed person. I base that on a very defined timeline of repeated thuggish behavior/poor choices- over a timespan far longer than just a few months. As i highlighted yesterday in that David Alrididge article on Beasley- when you are as talented as Beasley is naturally (or Whiteside for that matter)- when you find yourself playing in Guang-Dong Province- its because you lack something upstairs- not something physical. Right? i mean- if we cant agree on that- were not getting anywhere because its patently obvious. As Aldridge said- lawsuits and marijuana arrests, work ethic concerns, attitude etc- were why Beasley was overseas- NOT a lack of God-Given talent.

I saw Tristan Thompson play like the 2nd best player on a team that got to game 6 of the Finals last year while averagining well over a double double in the series. Does Whiteside have the TALENT to do the same? Sure- absolutely- he likely has the TALENT to do a lot more.

I just merely commented that I think it will be very interesting how Whiteside plays in the postseason- and that if we are comparing him to Thompson- Thompson certainly played really freaking well last year- and we have obviously seen some guys are overwhelemed by the playoffs- We know Thompson isnt one of them. We certainly dont know that about Whiteside yet.

My post was simply saying that I severely doubt that Whiteside will do the same this postseason- at least partly because i believe he is mentally feeble and still is mostly the same guy that got himself blackballed from the league.

Yet you support JR Smith who's thrown a cheap shot at someone on the court. And has another case where he was suspected to assault someone. The irony.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, none of this has anything to do with whether or not Whiteside is the better player right now. He simply is. You can bring up all of the past nonsense you want, but it won't change that fact.

Either Whiteside has learned from his past and will go on to have a good career, or he hasn't and will at some point have another meltdown or series of them that will result in him being out of the league again. As of now, it looks like the former, but given his past, there is certainly reason to speculate on the latter.

However, none of that changes the fact that right now, today, he is in the NBA and he's a better player than Thompson.

It's also funny how the Cavs take on a known malcontent and cancer like JR Smith and you were 100% on board and arguing that he'll be a solid citizen in Cleveland (which, thus far, he has been), but you're so sure that Whiteside won't be able to do the same. Something tells me that it has more to do with the uniform each player is wearing than any real insight into either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.