• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Eastern Conference Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you give Hibbert to remain in a backup capacity?

His numbers are dreadful.

But, is it because he sucks or he's taking a backseat to the farewell tour and the Julius Randle show?

I don't think I'd want Hibbert to stay, especially if they can get Whiteside.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leadership, health, court vision, wins, experience, clutch.

I mean of course, talent is #1 but isn't this the exact reason why you're picking Thompson over Whiteside?
a balancing of factors with certain weights given to each criteria. Obviously like i said- Talent would be weighed the most heavily- however- as anyone knows- any player could get flagged for an injury or attitude issue and immediately be disquaified from a teams review process.

Say- Whiteside hypothetically got the HIGHEST grade possible- A+ for talent--- and Thompson got a B...at one point will F's and A's respectively switch that. I think thats where i am at with those 2 guys.

Tristan Thomson was the Cavs 2nd best player in the playoffs and put up well over a double double in the Finals....lets see what Whiteside can do given his opportunity.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a balancing of factors with certain weights given to each criteria. Obviously like i said- Talent would be weighed the most heavily- however- as anyone knows- any player could get flagged for an injury or attitude issue and immediately be disquaified from a teams review process.

Say- Whiteside hypothetically got the HIGHEST grade possible- A+ for talent--- and Thompson got a B...at one point will F's and A's respectively switch that. I think thats where i am at with those 2 guys.

That's where your mistake lies. If Whiteside got an A+ for talent, Thompson would be a C- or a D.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
w
I found this site pretty interesting.

According to their comparison, it's not even close.

Start Hassan Whiteside or Tristan Thompson?
well of course- they dont have a criteria that is "acts like an asshole and got blackballed from the league" in their formula do they? lol does that formula take into account leadership, attitide, fit, work ethic, injuries, etc. at all? didnt think so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where your mistake lies. If Whiteside got an A+ for talent, Thompson would be a C- or a D.
well thats why your an idiot. Obviously you have never watched the Cavs play if you think Thompson is a C or D player-- all though- after watching the Lakers the last couple years one would think you could easily identify D players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats why your an idiot. Obviously you have never watched the Cavs play if you think Thompson is a C or D player-- all though- after watching the Lakers the last couple years one would think you could easily identify D players.

Wow you're getting awfully testy when I state a clear fact about your boy Thompson. Post his seasons stats and I'll give you at least 30 bigs with equal or better numbers.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
w

well of course- they dont have a criteria that is "acts like an asshole and got blackballed from the league" in thei
r formula do they? lol does that formula take into account leadership, attitide, fit, work ethic, injuries, etc. at all? didnt think so.

LmfAo....they should include that in the next cba.

I understand your point.

But, you are acting like this kid is JR Rider.

Or...th?id=HR.223060643377&pid=15.1.jpg

Now this is a idiot you should give up on!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost inclined to say I'd take Nance Jr. over Thompson too

Well, athletically speaking, I could see it and maybe in the future it would be true. But as of now, I'd have to take Thompson.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you give Hibbert to remain in a backup capacity?

His numbers are dreadful.

But, is it because he sucks or he's taking a backseat to the farewell tour and the Julius Randle show?

I'm not sure what his current salary is, but I'd keep him for around $5 million or so as a backup. I don't think the issue has been that he sucks as much as it's been that he just isn't athletic enough for todays game.

I was hoping that he would be a help in defending the paint, but the Lakers perimeter defense has been so bad that guys have been running unchecked to the basket and Hibbert just isn't quick enough be able to leave his man and get back. At times he's looked like a 7 foot revolving door (or me trying to corral my grandsons. lol).

I can't question his effort, he plays hard and from what I've heard, has been a solid guy in the locker room. He fares a little better against teams that play a more deliberate style. I could see him as solid backup center.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats wise it's closer than you think too.

I'm sure it is, but to be fair to Thompson, his stats are a little skewed because he has Lebron, Love and Kyrie out there with him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tristan Thomson was the Cavs 2nd best player in the playoffs and put up well over a double double in the Finals....lets see what Whiteside can do given his opportunity.

Jesus Christ, stop talking up that Thompson was the 2nd best player in the Finals.

He was the 2nd best player in the Finals for the Cavs because Love and Irving got hurt. Lebron was the only reason the Finals went to 6 games and that they were even there. As we've seen this season, without Lebron, there's some consideration that Cleveland may not even be a playoff team.

Who else was going to be the best player after Lebron? Dellavadova? James Jones? Timofey Mozgov? Iman Shumpert? JR Smith?

LOL. The murderer's row of fucking scrubs.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Hassan Whiteside

• Experts rank this player at 10th among C's. Based on his stats from the past 30 days, he is currently ranked 7th with2079 total points (29.28 avg).
  • He is currently 600 points behind the leader: Andre Drummond
  • He is putting up slightly better numbers than the experts expected him to.
  • His average points in the past two weeks have increased by 2.3 PPG.
Performance Stats
  • Shooting 61.54% from the field this month. Very impressive for a big man.
  • Assists per game numbers are 0.47 apg.
  • Rebounds per game numbers are impressive for a center / power forward with 12.33 rpg this month.
  • Great inside presence and is ranked in the top 5 in rebounds.
Bonus Qualities
  • Played in 21 more games this year than last year.
  • At this point in the season his numbers compared to last years: PPG: +3.14, APG: +0.3, RPG: +2.67, MPG: +7.37

Tristan Thompson
C | Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Experts rank this player at 100th among C's. Based on his stats from the past 30 days, he is currently ranked 19th with1508 total points (18.85 avg).
  • He is currently 1171 points behind the leader: Andre Drummond
  • Phenominal stats in the past 30 days. If he can keep it up, then keep him. . otherwise think trade.
Performance Stats
  • Shooting 60.29% from the field this month. Very impressive for a big man.
  • Assists per game numbers are 0.94 apg.
  • Rebounds per game numbers are pretty good for a center / power forward with 7.63 rpg this month.
Bonus Qualities
  • Played in 83 less games this year than last year.
  • At this point in the season his numbers compared to last years: PPG: -3.45, APG: -0.25, RPG: +0.12, MPG: --1.95 STLS: --0.09 BLKS: +0.01

:sadbron:
Well now, just what do you think you're doing bringing actuals into this debate?!?!?!?!?!?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LmfAo....they should include that in the next cba.

I understand your point.

But, you are acting like this kid is JR Rider.

Or...View attachment 107077

Now this is a idiot you should give up on!
:hellno:

Mecca, you gotta stop fueling his buffoonery!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sadbron:
Well now, just what do you think you're doing bringing actuals into this debate?!?!?!?!?!?

Wiggy already debunked this anyway. Seems they didn't factor in "acts like an asshole and gets blackballed from the league." :pound:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In honor of Kobe's final game (about damn time!) I won't be watching.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In honor of Kobe's final game (about damn time!) I won't be watching.
Thank goodness because there's no more room on the bus- even if it is just for one ride! :dhd:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness because there's no more room on the bus- even if it is just for one ride! :dhd:

Well I hope the bus gets a flat on the way to the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.