• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial CFB Message Board Liars Thread

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, so now it's "USC has 4 star walk-ons." Before, it was USC didn't really have any depth issues because they really didn't lose that many scholarship athlete's. That gets proven wrong. So now it's "4 star walk-ons."

This is called desperately clinging to a failed theory.

I'm sure USC had some preferred walk-ons who are players who, under normal circumstances, would likely have been offered a schollie and chose to attend anyway because their family had the means to pay their way. However, considering what it costs to attend USC, I'm sure there weren't very many.

Did you see the recruiting rankings and class sizes I posted? There was only ONE class in the last 4 years where USC was at a distinct disadvantage. Overall it added up to 89 players for NU and 84 Players for USC signed.

Regarding walk-ons...Can't those players apply for grants and loans? It's not all about family being able to afford to send Johnny to college. Even so, there's a lot of money in L.A. Those guy's aren't all from the ghetto.

I'll say it again. I'd like to see what a Patterson or Snyder could do with USC's roster.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of a single 4* walk-on in the history of CFB.

Well don't take it from me. Will you take it from a Trojan?

Oh, so now it's "USC has 4 star walk-ons." Before, it was USC didn't really have any depth issues because they really didn't lose that many scholarship athlete's. That gets proven wrong. So now it's "4 star walk-ons."

This is called desperately clinging to a failed theory.

I'm sure USC had some preferred walk-ons who are players who, under normal circumstances, would likely have been offered a schollie and chose to attend anyway because their family had the means to pay their way. However, considering what it costs to attend USC, I'm sure there weren't very many.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some teams can beat BC with limited scholly players. :boink:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the recruiting rankings and class sizes I posted? There was only ONE class in the last 4 years where USC was at a distinct disadvantage. Overall it added up to 89 players for NU and 84 Players for USC signed.

Regarding walk-ons...Can't those players apply for grants and loans? It's not all about family being able to afford to send Johnny to college. Even so, there's a lot of money in L.A. Those guy's aren't all from the ghetto.

I'll say it again. I'd like to see what a Patterson or Snyder could do with USC's roster.
Yeah, I saw what you posted. You're wrong about the numbers of scholarships.

The cost of attending USC would require a huge loan. Like I said, USC does get a few "preferred walk-on's" every year, but I really doubt that many, if any were 4 star recruits. Why would a 4 star recruit who can play literally anywhere else for free, put himself hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt just to play for USC?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well don't take it from me. Will you take it from a Trojan?

How many of those preferred walk on's (which all schools have, even Nebraska) were 4 star recruits?

At this point, you should probably just beg a cfb mod to delete this thread for you to save yourself further embarrassment.

4 star walk on's. :L

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cost of attending USC would require a huge loan. Like I said, USC does get a few "preferred walk-on's" every year, but I really doubt that many, if any were 4 star recruits. Why would a 4 star recruit who can play literally anywhere else for free, put himself hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt just to play for USC?
Probably because some Nebraska fan was paying his tuition for the specific purpose of making excuses later.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw what you posted. You're wrong about the numbers of scholarships.

Yeah. I looked at 2011 and 2012 and didn't find any 4 star walk-ons so I didn't look any further. There were only a couple that got 3 stars. I didn't state it as a fact anyway.

I posted what Scout.com lists for # of recruits signed in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Only one year was there a notable deficit (26/12) so that would be 14 players and consistent with the roster size differential for the Holiday Bowl (approx. 130/115).
Overall in that 4 year period there were 89 signed by Nebraska and 84 signed by USC. That is per Scout.com. Maybe USC over-signed and then cut the players they didn't want to stay under the scholly limit. :noidea:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those preferred walk on's (which all schools have, even Nebraska) were 4 star recruits?

At this point, you should probably just beg a cfb mod to delete this thread for you to save yourself further embarrassment.

4 star walk on's. :L

Why would I have it deleted? The original premise of the thread was the outright LIE that USC had held out it's NFL draft prospects from the Holiday Bowl. See Post #1

Are you saying socaljim is correct in that statement?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I have it deleted? The original premise of the thread was the outright LIE that USC had held out it's NFL draft prospects from the Holiday Bowl. See Post #1

Are you saying socaljim is correct in that statement?

No, I'm saying that you should be embarrassed at having your jimmies so rustled about something someone said on a thread that you had to create a whole new thread about it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the two 3 stars I found that walked on in the two years that I looked, they were both players who had relatives play for USC in the past. USC is where they wanted to play, but there was no room to give them schollies so they walked on.

I assumed there would be a 4 star or two in the same situation. As I said I never stated it as a fact.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm saying that you should be embarrassed at having your jimmies so rustled about something someone said on a thread that you had to create a whole new thread about it.

Sorry. I gave him ample time to correct his statement. He refused. He has now been outed. Eat it.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nddulac.

Even Obama would be impressed with his bullshit.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes the thread even better is trojanfan arguing that Scout.com data is wrong about how many players USC signed in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. If it is wrong, prove it wrong.

Or just keep bitchin'.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that this thread has kinda backfired on ya.

How has it backfired? Everything I've posted as fact has been backed up with links. Eat it.

I can help that it chafes your vag.