• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a VT fan, I kinda like thursday games. Before this past season, it was usually one of, if not the best, home game for VT. Plus, it was the only day VT would have a night game in Lane. I cant remember the last saturday night game in Lane:think:

I've always been a fan of Thurs night games, mainly b/c we always played Aggy on Thanksgiving. But over the past few years, some of the best and exciting games have been played on Thurs night. Playing KSU at night in Manhattan is tough as hell no matter what day it is.

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been a fan of Thurs night games, mainly b/c we always played Aggy on Thanksgiving. But over the past few years, some of the best and exciting games have been played on Thurs night. Playing KSU at night in Manhattan is tough as hell no matter what day it is.

A great/painful game on Thursday for me was when BC came into Lane ranked #2 I believe and VT was 7/9 or something. ...and then matty ice had to throw that last td towards the very end of the game. That one was tough:gaah:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time Nebraska played on a Thursday evening was also the last time K-State played a Thursday night game. High ratings and rout by the Huskers. I was on the sidelines and it was outstaNding. It was a fun atmosphere.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm. Top 10 teams have won 81% of their games when playing a non top 10 team on Thursday. On other days, they've won 82%. Looks like something to avoid.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've got that game this year.... bleh.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm. Top 10 teams have won 81% of their games when playing a non top 10 team on Thursday. On other days, they've won 82%. Looks like something to avoid.

Football is a game of inches and percentages that 1% can make or break you man.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even care anymore. If you think 5-3 Northwestern deserves to be ranked #11 and 7-2 Alabama should be ranked #20, then that's all on you.

It's become evident to me in this discussion that you can only see in black and white. So I'm done with it.

So because 7-2 Alabama should possibly be ranked ahead of 5-3 Northwestern, the poll is biased and really 7-2 Alabama should be ranked ahead of 8-0 Minnesota or 8-0-1 Notre Dame, 7-1-1 Texas, 6-1-1 Michigan, 8-1 Missouri, 9-0 Duke, 7-1 Penn, 8-1-1 UGA? They went from unranked all the way to 7th - after already getting blanked by Miss St. - and then lost to Vandy!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because 7-2 Alabama should possibly be ranked ahead of 5-3 Northwestern, the poll is biased and really 7-2 Alabama should be ranked ahead of 8-0 Minnesota or 8-0-1 Notre Dame, 7-1-1 Texas, 6-1-1 Michigan, 8-1 Missouri, 9-0 Duke, 7-1 Penn, 8-1-1 UGA? They went from unranked all the way to 7th - after already getting blanked by Miss St. - and then lost to Vandy!

Read the entire discussion before replying.

Thanks.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the entire discussion before replying.

Thanks.

He's got the gist of it. Basically, the poll is biased because Alabama was ranked #20 in a year in which they claim a title. What else could it possibly be?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got the gist of it. Basically, the poll is biased because Alabama was ranked #20 in a year in which they claim a title. What else could it possibly be?

Go fuck yourself if that's what you think after the discussion.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since there isn't anything I can do about it...

I say...

hBBD25864

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashaan Evans - Auburn fans out of control

Sorry if this is already in another thread, but I sure didn't see it. Heard a couple of interviews this morning about this player and what has been happening to him and his family since he committed to Alabama and figured it was worth bringing to the attention of those not from down there.

Rashann Evans goes to Auburn highschool and waited until LOI day to announce he was going to attend Alabama. I get why fans of Auburn would be upset to see this kid go to their enemy, but the lengths some of their fans are going to is so far over the line it boggles the mind.

Fans are trying to get him kicked out of school, have put up the phone numbers, tax records, and other personal information for his parents and other family members on the bunker, have been trying to get everyone to boycott going to his dad's corner market stores, and have been sending this kid messages telling him they hope he blows out his ACL or far worse. Holy shit man, the kid went to your rivals school. Is that worth calling his parents names and telling them how badly their raised their rotten kid?

Rashaan Evans story shows college football fans have got to leave players alone - SBNation.com
TideSports.com - Ready for Tuscaloosa

I can tell you this though, just watching what some Auburn fans are doing is going to reinforce to him what a great decision he made to not go to their school. And might help set the minds of some of his classmates who might be in the next class.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His parents are Auburn Alum too.

People are stupid, all there is to it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His parents are Auburn Alum too.

People are stupid, all there is to it.
Oh I know every base has their asshats and maybe this isn't news down in your neck of the woods, but hearing that fans are trying to put his parents out of business and have put personal phone numbers of his relatives online is shit beyond what we see in this part of the country. And I'm sure it is at least interesting from that standpoint to fans from other parts of the country where they don't have a rival of that level.