• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that, however I can't see Auburn losing ground if they simply beat Missouri, a top 5 team. Also Ohio State has 4 first place votes, who's to say they won't lose a couple of them as well?

Im also sure there are a few ballots in there this week that might have Auburn 2 and Ohio State 5 or 6

when the poll becomes public id expect that type of shenanigans to be less likely

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um, there is a lot more to it than just head to head in bowls. in 2011, for instance, the SEC had more wins in nonconference play against teams that finished in the final BCS top 25 than the rest of the AQ conferences combined.

but since you want to use head to head in bowls as a measuring stick, remind me what ohio state's record against the SEC in bowl games is again.

1 - 1 in its last two.

0 - 0 under the current regime.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I was just countering with the Hypothetical claim that Auburn would lose to Wisconsin. Truth is you or I have no idea.

No one knows how anything will turn out. Thats why they play game. When you make hypothetical claims that haven't happened it makes you look desperate.

Now Answer my question.

Ohio State's 2011 6-7 team with an inexperienced lame duck head coach beat a top 10 team.

Does that make them better than this years Ohio State team?

no; they had 7 losses, including several to some pretty mediocre teams. auburn has had 1, to a pretty good team on the road. to be quite honest, with a healthy mettenberger, i think LSU tops ohio state more times than not. the only game they lost to a team that wasn't top notch was to ole miss... and hey... they had an off day. ohio state has had several of those as well, just as every otehr team has. the difference is having an off day against the ~25th or ~30th best team is a lot more dangerous than the ~50th (or worse) best team.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
um, there is a lot more to it than just head to head in bowls. in 2011, for instance, the SEC had more wins in nonconference play against teams that finished in the final BCS top 25 than the rest of the AQ conferences combined.

but since you want to use head to head in bowls as a measuring stick, remind me what ohio state's record against the SEC in bowl games is again.

Exactly ... The perception that the SEC is far superior is based on what Ohio State did the NCGs against SEC teams. Completely ignoring the fact that in those years ... other B1G team often BEAT their SEC teams in bowl games.

Oh well... Urban Meyer is coaching Ohio State now. He started the SEC dominance in NCGs ... he just might be the one who ends it.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly ... The perception that the SEC is far superior is based on what Ohio State did the NCGs against SEC teams. Completely ignoring the fact that in those years ... other B1G team often BEAT their SEC teams in bowl games.

Oh well... Urban Meyer is coaching Ohio State now. He started the SEC dominance in NCGs ... he just might be the one who ends it.

the SEC has beaten the Big 10 soundly for several years now. and this is despite all of their teams having to play up a bowl spot while their conference champ plays in the title game.

last year the only head to head bowl win was northwestern (finished 2nd highest ranked in the big 10) over mississippi state (finished 9th highest in the SEC). just food for thought.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many are just totally stereotyping tOSU at this point as a weak B1G champ (if they win)

I dont care who you are.

Carlos Hyde can take over a game and win it.

Yah, his quickness is so underestimated and I think he is underrated. I want to see him play against a great D and we will see that.

carlos-hyde-touchdown-run-against-iowa-a.gif

carlos-hyde-smash-coach.gif

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no; they had 7 losses, including several to some pretty mediocre teams. auburn has had 1, to a pretty good team on the road. to be quite honest, with a healthy mettenberger, i think LSU tops ohio state more times than not. the only game they lost to a team that wasn't top notch was to ole miss... and hey... they had an off day. ohio state has had several of those as well, just as every otehr team has. the difference is having an off day against the ~25th or ~30th best team is a lot more dangerous than the ~50th (or worse) best team.

It doesn't matter what you think about how LSU would do over Ohio STate. I think Ohio state would crush them.

But what we know for sure is that LSU beat Auburn and that Auburn needed the biggest Miracle ever witnessed to beat a team that lost to Vanderbilt.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what you think about how LSU would do over Ohio STate. I think Ohio state would crush them.

But what we know for sure is that LSU beat Auburn and that Auburn needed the biggest Miracle ever witnessed to beat a team that lost to Vanderbilt.

auburn beat georgia by 5x as many points than ohio state beat michigan by... look at the teams that michigan lost to. LOL.

and georgia even with all of their injuries is better than michigan.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you meant to say 1-10, with the 1 win using tattooed professionals.

Is an Auburn fan really going to the "tattooed professionals" card?

LOL - - - Are you guys still tithing to Cam's dad's church?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn was never really even in the game with LSU....They were down 21 with 6 minutes to go and lost by 14.....not like it was a close loss

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awburn is lucky they are even in this position. Lucky is the key word, I would be happy about what you accomplished but don't get greedy.

I am looking at the Mich St game.

Awburn fans should worry about a dangerous Mizzou team. Again the are lucky to even have a say in this conversation.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
auburn beat georgia by 5x as many points than ohio state beat michigan by... look at the teams that michigan lost to. LOL.

and georgia even with all of their injuries is better than michigan.
And Auburn lost by 10000x more points that tOSU has lost.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we even talking about Awburn:

Beat WSU by a score
Beat MSU by 4 pts (WR ran out of bounds cam back in--penalty)
Pummeled by LSU, up 21 w/ 6 to go
Beat Ole miss by 1 score
Beat A&M by 4
Beat UGA off of a fluke hail mary
Beat Bama off a drive full of miracles, maybe a 2nd half and a kicker that absolutely choked

And you sre talking about unblemished tOSU team. Let it go Awburn had a season never expected.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we even talking about Awburn:

Beat WSU by a score
Beat MSU by 4 pts (WR ran out of bounds cam back in--penalty)
Pummeled by LSU, up 21 w/ 6 to go
Beat Ole miss by 1 score
Beat A&M by 4
Beat UGA off of a fluke hail mary
Beat Bama off a drive full of miracles, maybe a 2nd half and a kicker that absolutely choked

And you sre talking about unblemished tOSU team. Let it go Awburn had a season never expected.

Because they will be behind Ohio State by about .0030 in the BCS Standings tonight. That's basically about a 10 vote swing combined in the polls to have Auburn flip ahead.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The system is set up to favor undefeated teams and conference champs.

Auburn is neither of those yet so they should remain on the outside looking in.

I will say this though.

In my opinon, winning 24 straight games is 100x more impressive than Auburns fluke last second win over Bama.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ... cause Urban Meyer has no clue when it comes to knowing what it takes to beat SEC teams.

Troll harder ... your shit is weak.
Urban Meyer has never beaten Auburn and that includes his national championship team and his Teabow lead team.

Personally I'm focused on Missouri this crap should work itself out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they will be behind Ohio State by about .0030 in the BCS Standings tonight. That's basically about a 10 vote swing combined in the polls to have Auburn flip ahead.

But tOSU will play a top 10 team just like Awburn and Awburn still has one loss.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im telling you id bet money that Ohio State gains some solid ground with the coaches if they beat MSU

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But tOSU will play a top 10 team just like Awburn and Awburn still has one loss.

I know I get that. I'm not telling you who should play FSU in the title game, I'm simply laying out the scenario based on how both polls voted. They are nearly identical, so all it would take is for Ohio State to be .040 behind Auburn in the computers to have them get passed. I think that's fairly realistic given each team's SOS.