• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Auburn Superthread

Which matches up better against FSU? OSU or Auburn?

• Total voters

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting people start voting based on what they THINK would happen and not the reality which happens on the field each and every week?

Oh lawdy ....

Isn't that what always happens? Are you going to argue for a FSU/northern Illinois champ game? But, but, but that is different

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, FWIW, Auburn gained 135 votes on Ohio State this weekend.

The final Coach's poll is always greatly different than the week before as the coaches, for the first time all year, actually do it. Alliances are shown and I'd still much rather be in our spot than Auburn's. Many, many coaches are tired of the same SEC talk that we all are and I expect to see almost all non-SEC coaches to have OSU in the top 2 and then a few SEC coaches will have us 5th or so.

Not to mention its not anonymous so the ridiculous votes get less ridiculous

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wake me up when ohio state plays a top 20 team. it's been a few years.

Ohio State's 6 - 7 team coached by an interim inexperienced head coach beat a top ten team.

Was that team better than this years Ohio State team because of that win.

Your repetitive banter doesn't prove a team is better than another . Not sure why that is so hard for you to understand.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ... cause Urban Meyer has no clue when it comes to knowing what it takes to beat SEC teams.

Troll harder ... your shit is weak.

lol at you. how nervous are you that ohio state is only 25 votes ahead of auburn in the coaches poll? because you know the computers are going to favor auburn...

i'd be scared to death if i were ohio state too. cheering so hard for auburn yesterday only to see them potentially jump you.

probably won't happen, but it's pretty obvious auburn has played a far, far tougher schedule. lol @ thinking auburn wouldn't be undefeated with ohio state's schedule. auburn is undefeated against teams outside the top 20, just like ohio state.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think many are just totally stereotyping tOSU at this point as a weak B1G champ (if they win)

I dont care who you are.

Carlos Hyde can take over a game and win it.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final Coach's poll is always greatly different than the week before as the coaches, for the first time all year, actually do it. Alliances are shown and I'd still much rather be in our spot than Auburn's. Many, many coaches are tired of the same SEC talk that we all are and I expect to see almost all non-SEC coaches to have OSU in the top 2 and then a few SEC coaches will have us 5th or so.

Not to mention its not anonymous so the ridiculous votes get less ridiculous

I realize that, however I can't see Auburn losing ground if they simply beat Missouri, a top 5 team. Also Ohio State has 4 first place votes, who's to say they won't lose a couple of them as well?

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that what always happens? Are you going to argue for a FSU/northern Illinois champ game? But, but, but that is different

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Last time I checked, NIU was in a mid-major conference with no decent wins (polls wise) to speak of. That's why they are sitting lower in the polls.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at you. how nervous are you that ohio state is only 25 votes ahead of auburn in the coaches poll? because you know the computers are going to favor auburn...

i'd be scared to death if i were ohio state too. cheering so hard for auburn yesterday only to see them potentially jump you.

probably won't happen, but it's pretty obvious auburn has played a far, far tougher schedule. lol @ thinking auburn wouldn't be undefeated with ohio state's schedule. auburn is undefeated against teams outside the top 20, just like ohio state.

Auburn would probably lose to Wisconsin.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a great win. But you're right there's no way they or Missouri should get in over an undefeated tOSU or FSU

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're comparing apples to oranges.

Last time I checked, NIU was in a mid-major conference with no decent wins (polls wise) to speak of. That's why they are sitting lower in the polls.

So what you are saying is SOS counts, unless OSU is involved?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn would probably lose to Wisconsin.

yeah, because wisconsin has beaten so many top 5 teams.

:lol:

just face it... ohio state hasn't beaten any great teams this year. auburn has. just be glad it likely won't be ohio state versus a 1 loss SEC team, because we all know how that would turn out. the only real question is whether or not ohio state would get to 100 yards of total offense.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a great win. But you're right there's no way they or Missouri should get in over an undefeated tOSU or FSU

why?

FSU's best win came over a team that was handled pretty easily by the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC.

Ohio State's best win came over a team beaten by Penn State.

Does anyone really think Ohio State would be undefeated if they had played games against Ole Miss, Texas A&M, LSU, and Alabama?

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is SOS counts, unless OSU is involved?

I'm saying there is an OBVIOUS difference between going undefeated in a major conference ... against top level athletes ... and going undefeated in a mid-major conference, where you can count the top level players in the entire conference on your two hands.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?

FSU's best win came over a team that was handled pretty easily by the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC.

Does anyone really think Ohio State would be undefeated if they had played games against Ole Miss, Texas A&M, LSU, and Alabama?

Nobody thought Auburn would beat Alabama either ....

Most were wrong.

So who gives a flying fart what "people think" ....

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying there is an OBVIOUS difference between going undefeated in a major conference ... against top level athletes ... and going undefeated in a mid-major conference, where you can count the top level players in the entire conference on your two hands.

I am saying there is am obvious talent gap between the SEC and Big 10. You claim a MAC schedule would be worth an extra 1-3 wins vs a Big 10 schedule for NIU. Why can't that be said for OSU vs a SEC schedule? OSU maybe better, but saying they are undefeated and that is it rings hollow.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to Auburn for making plays, but they pulled 2 consecutive rabbits out of their hats. Auburn has created momentum for themselves, but can they keep it going? Part of me believes they can beat Mizzou next weekend. But, if Ohio State beat Michigan State next weekend and Auburn does win as well, I can't make the case that Auburn should leap them.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying there is am obvious talent gap between the SEC and Big 10. You claim a MAC schedule would be worth an extra 1-3 wins vs a Big 10 schedule for NIU. Why can't that be said for OSU vs a SEC schedule? OSU maybe better, but saying they are undefeated and that is it rings hollow.

If there is an obvious difference in talent between the SEC and B1G ...

then explain their head-to-head record in bowls since the BCS. It's pretty damn close. Doesn't seem all that obvious to me.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, because wisconsin has beaten so many top 5 teams.

:lol:

just face it... ohio state hasn't beaten any great teams this year. auburn has. just be glad it likely won't be ohio state versus a 1 loss SEC team, because we all know how that would turn out. the only real question is whether or not ohio state would get to 100 yards of total offense.

Obviously I was just countering with the Hypothetical claim that Auburn would lose to Wisconsin. Truth is you or I have no idea.

No one knows how anything will turn out. Thats why they play game. When you make hypothetical claims that haven't happened it makes you look desperate.

Now Answer my question.

Ohio State's 2011 6-7 team with an inexperienced lame duck head coach beat a top 10 team.

Does that make them better than this years Ohio State team?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is an obvious difference in talent between the SEC and B1G ...

then explain their head-to-head record in bowls since the BCS. It's pretty damn close. Doesn't seem all that obvious to me.

um, there is a lot more to it than just head to head in bowls. in 2011, for instance, the SEC had more wins in nonconference play against teams that finished in the final BCS top 25 than the rest of the AQ conferences combined.

but since you want to use head to head in bowls as a measuring stick, remind me what ohio state's record against the SEC in bowl games is again.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why?

Yea , I do.