• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you gullible fuck tard. There wasn't anyone available to sign for the MLE that was worth the asking price. Who was Miami going to sign? I'm waiting you boring fuck.

WAIT WAIT A MINUTE- I thought everyone wanted to play in Miami- So- let me just get this on the record for future reference

your saying that you couldnt get a guy to take 4 million dollars to come to Miami to play on a Championship favorite? TO COME to "SOUTH BEACH" to win a ring- y ou coudlnt get ANYONE to come to Miami for 4 million dollars?

do you realize how fucking stupid you sound?

Just making sure thats what you are saying.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not a 3rd time. Makes no sense. I also think he stays but with these year to year contract he keeps the door open for leaving. The guy makes enough money so its not about the money with him. Its about giving him a way out if things go bad. He isn't 100% committed to cleveland. If so just sign the 5 year deal.

I actually agree with Wiggy on this. I think it's about making sure that he gets the most money possible out of the expected salary cap jump. Once that happens and he's maxed that, I think he signs a 5 year deal with the Cavs. Probably in 2017 when he can be maxed at over $30 million per year.

I could be wrong. Hell, I hope I'm wrong. I would LOVE to see him jump ship again because I love me a good meltdown and the meltdown from Cavs fans would be epic.

As much as I don't like Lebron, I just don't think he's that stupid. There's a point where these guys, especially if they have already won titles, start being concerned about their legacy. I think that's at least in part, why Kobe hasn't tried to leave the Lakers since the last title. It would have left him looking like a "ring chaser."

That, and no one else was going to pay him what the Lakers did.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit, Wiggy's wrong again...

Joel Anthony Contract, Salary Cap Details & Breakdowns | Spotrac

Joel Anthony's 5-year, $18 million deal with Miami could include some rings - Las Vegas Sun News

"Anthony, a former UNLV center, recently signed a five-year, $18 million contract extension with the Heat."

We signed Anthony, like Miller because at the time, we didn't have better options.

We did when we sent them down the road.
It really isn't hard.
The draft pick we gave up turned into whom?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right- why sign anyone then? lets dissolve 75% of the teams...if you dont have the chance to win the title why spend at all?

I mean its as simple as it can be. Right before LeBron goes to free agency- the heat amnesty miller, leave their mid level exception open, and waste a first round pick to cover up their mistake of giving Joel Anthony a 5 year horrendous contract.

but yah....Im wrong. all that stuff above is total and complete bullshit that does not make any season and is not grounded in any type of reason.

They let Anthony go as this allowed them to plug in Birdman in his place. Joel Anthony was overpaid in some sense, but $18 mil over 5 years isn't a god awful contract. And that 1st round pick, whoopty fucking doo, that would've been a pick late in the 1st round. Probability that the player picked highly works out. Remember when you picked Bennett in 2013 with the number 1 pick? Not everything's a guarantee.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAIT WAIT A MINUTE- I thought everyone wanted to play in Miami- So- let me just get this on the record for future reference

your saying that you couldnt get a guy to take 4 million dollars to come to Miami to play on a Championship favorite? TO COME to "SOUTH BEACH" to win a ring- y ou coudlnt get ANYONE to come to Miami for 4 million dollars?

Nobody is getting young talent to play cheap.
You get the ring chasers that we had that WILL play for the veterans minimum.
Its the same reason your bench was loaded with old junk and you're paying Shump 10M.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really was. I think the sublime perfection those Spurs played with in that series is going to be slowly forgotten overtime. Those of us who really watched the series will have to remind other fans of that years from now.

I agree. I've probably seen every game of every finals since 1970 and I can't remember anything like it. It was almost an honor to watch a team play at that level.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone remotely as good as LeBron putting a team option in the contract would be an idiot.
For cavs fans to think he is 100% with cleveland are blind. Everything points against that. He has left 2 teams already, and he has year to year contract. Also he is holding Cavs Hostage. I know this is pay back for what Gilbert said about LBJ I just think its funny that after year 4 Gilbert would spend 1 billion on this team. LOL

If Im Gilbert after year 2 and they don't have a championship I start cutting bait. All the pressure is now on LBJ to win. Gilbert has done everything LBJ wanted. LBJ can't complain like he did last time in Cleveland. Gilbert gave him the keys and check book.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again, who was available? You can't answer it can you. You're deflecting again. It's obvious and you're grasping at straws.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right- why sign anyone then? lets dissolve 75% of the teams...if you dont have the chance to win the title why spend at all?

I mean its as simple as it can be. Right before LeBron goes to free agency- the heat amnesty miller, leave their mid level exception open, and waste a first round pick to cover up their mistake of giving Joel Anthony a 5 year horrendous contract.

but yah....Im wrong. all that stuff above is total and complete bullshit that does not make any season and is not grounded in any type of reason.

Such drama and histrionics. You're really a teenage girl, aren't you?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with Wiggy on this. I think it's about making sure that he gets the most money possible out of the expected salary cap jump. Once that happens and he's maxed that, I think he signs a 5 year deal with the Cavs. Probably in 2017 when he can be maxed at over $30 million per year.

I could be wrong. Hell, I hope I'm wrong. I would LOVE to see him jump ship again because I love me a good meltdown and the meltdown from Cavs fans would be epic.

As much as I don't like Lebron, I just don't think he's that stupid. There's a point where these guys, especially if they have already won titles, start being concerned about their legacy. I think that's at least in part, why Kobe hasn't tried to leave the Lakers since the last title. It would have left him looking like a "ring chaser."

I don't think its about the money. He makes enough. Its more about the safety net. He has proved this in the past. Thats all we can go by.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For cavs fans to think he is 100% with cleveland are blind. Everything points against that. He has left 2 teams already, and he has year to year contract. Also he is holding Cavs Hostage. I know this is pay back for what Gilbert said about LBJ I just think its funny that after year 4 Gilbert would spend 1 billion on this team. LOL

If Im Gilbert after year 2 and they don't have a championship I start cutting bait. All the pressure is now on LBJ to win. Gilbert has done everything LBJ wanted. LBJ can't complain like he did last time in Cleveland. Gilbert gave him the keys and check book.

Yeah, nothing is 100%

Personally, I think it will take one of these things for him to leave CLE...
1) Cleveland wins a title
2) Gilbert does something incredibly stupid a la Sterling or something
3) Several years go by and he starts to decline and becomes a veteran role player rather than a centerpiece

.... but you never know.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. LBJ has all the power save one. He can't fire himself; that power still remains with Gilbert even though Gilbert has become LBJ's bitch. LBJ can quit though and then the onus to produce a championship would fall at the feet of LBJ instead of Gilbert.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LBJ was stupid to leave the 1st time and to leave Miami after saying not 1.2.3.4.5.6.7 LBJ is not the smartest man in the world. He is about the Drama and attention. That is who he is.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let Anthony go as this allowed them to plug in Birdman in his place. Joel Anthony was overpaid in some sense, but $18 mil over 5 years isn't a god awful contract. And that 1st round pick, whoopty fucking doo, that would've been a pick late in the 1st round. Probability that the player picked highly works out. Remember when you picked Bennett in 2013 with the number 1 pick? Not everything's a guarantee.

Maybe if we all ignore him he will just go away?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. LBJ has all the power save one. He can't fire himself; that power still remains with Gilbert even though Gilbert has become LBJ's bitch. LBJ can quit though and then the onus to produce a championship would fall at the feet of LBJ instead of Gilbert.
Winning a championship already falls on LBJ not Gilbert. Gilbert has done everything LBJ wanted. Its time for LBJ to step up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatles asked me to find any example of ARison being cheap and I gave him 3 off the top of my head without even doing any real research.--- PUHHLEEZE

Big difference between cheap and prudent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMarre Carroll, Corey Brewer,
Once again, who was available? You can't answer it can you. You're deflecting again. It's obvious and you're grasping at straws.
I just looked real quick and I saw 2 guys that would have been great additions- DeMarre Carrol and Corey Brewer---- but that was only going down to "C"--- so when I get time i will let you know

but think of the premise of your whole argument- its beyond fucking stupid. Its so stupid that it doesnt surprise me you guys are using it

You guys are saying in JULY AND AUGUST - during Free agency- ARison and Riley are talking strategy and saying- ya know what? lets not use our mid level exception--- 10-11 months from now we are going to be meeting the Spurs in the Finals- and it doesnt matter who we get- since we are going to lose the Finals anyway....

THATS YOUR FUCKING ARGUMENT?!!!!! LOL

could you imagine telling that to LeBron?

"Ya Know LeBron- we were thinking about using our mid level exception- but were gonna leave it open--- NO- not because Mickey is cheap- but because we figure 11 months from now- we are gonna be facing the Spurs in the Finals- and it doesnt matter who we use it on - we arent beating the fucking SPurs! ya know what im saying LeBron? Glad you understand!"

LOL

God- that is the worst fucking argument I have ever heard in my lifetime....Thats HONESTLY what you guys are saying? well holy shit... I think Ihave finally gotten enough stupidity for this afternoon.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ was stupid to leave the 1st time and to leave Miami after saying not 1.2.3.4.5.6.7 LBJ is not the smartest man in the world. He is about the Drama and attention. That is who he is.

I think that the way he left Cleveland the first time was stupid and I think the not 1, not 2, etc. was also stupid. However, leaving for Miami, can hardly be called stupid. It got him 4 straight finals appearances and 2 titles.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with lebron?

He cares more about MVPs, scoring titles, All-NBA 1st team selections, field goal percentages and other personal accolades than he does winning championships.

Him moving the Miami had nothing to do with rings. He wanted to see if he could still be the best player in the league in completely different circumstances. The championships seemed to be by-products.

I'm willing to bet he'd rather win another MVP title than a championship ring!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...its so funny and stupid that it does not even surprise me

Arison and Riley in July and August---

Arison- "ya know...we could spend this money- but were gonna face the Spurs 11 months from now- and it doesnt matter who we fucking sign- why spend the money if we are going to lose anyway? "

Riley- "you think LEBron is gonna like that?"

Arison- "he wont care- he understands! theres no one I could spend this money onanyone who is going to make a difference 10 months from now against the Spurs in the Finals!- surely LeBron can understand that! right?"

LeBron- "wait a minute- so your saying you arent spending the MLE- because there is no one that can help us--- and you know we will be playing the Spurs 10 months from now in the Finals- and there is no way a guy we sign with the midlevel can help us win?"

ARison and Riley- "EXACTLY- I knew he would understand!"

LeBron "Im getting the fuck outta here!- and im gonna make you fly cross country to polish my knob before i make it official!"

LOL...I gotta say- I cant say you guys arent creative.
THATS YOUR ARGUMENT! SERIOUSLY! LOL.....