• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clips doing work now. Signing Aldrich and Rivers. Now going after Josh Smith. They are gonna be deep.
Wonder if they are still shopping Crawford?

They have to trade Crawford to alleviate the glut in the backcourt and to address the backup PF position.

I love J Crossover.

But, his deal is up this Summer and he will not re-up with the Clippers.

He's one of those guys that takes trade rumors very hard, understandably so.

Josh Smith is not taking the Vets minimum.

So, unless Darrell Authur signs for pennies, they have to make a trade......or *gulp* roll with Big Baby.

My wet dream is Taj Gibson.

But, we have nothing the Bulls want.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings add Caron Butler 2 years $3 million. Good depth signing, although I'm surprised he didn't wanna sign with a title contender at this stage in his career(assuming a contender was interested).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has said before he wants to be a billionaire.
His endorsements will do that for him just like jordan. Jordan makes more now then when he played in the league on a contract. NBA contract won't lead him to a Billionaire its outside of basketball. If he wants to try and do that through a NBA contract then again that shows he is about himself. Look at Tim Duncan. That man is for real. He cares about the spurs and winning.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting thing is, no matter how you constructed the Heat around the big 3, 4 Finals tolls took their toll and the Spurs were just that damn good. Miami could've had 3 NBA titles in that 4 year time span though. 2011 will always be known as the year that Lebron choked away a golden opportunity.
could of had only one if it wasn't for Ray Allen. can go both ways I guess.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to trade Crawford to alleviate the glut in the backcourt and to address the backup PF position.

I love J Crossover.

But, his deal is up this Summer and he will not re-up with the Clippers.

He's one of those guys that takes trade rumors very hard, understandably so.

Josh Smith is not taking the Vets minimum.

So, unless Darrell Authur signs for pennies, they have to make a trade......or *gulp* roll with Big Baby.

My wet dream is Taj Gibson.

But, we have nothing the Bulls want.
Give us Crawford and a 1st rd pick and Wilcox for Gibson and Hinrich.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His endorsements will do that for him just like jordan. Jordan makes more now then when he played in the league on a contract. NBA contract won't lead him to a Billionaire its outside of basketball. If he wants to try and do that through a NBA contract then again that shows he is about himself. Look at Tim Duncan. That man is for real. He cares about the spurs and winning.

Lebron cares about winning a championship for Cleveland lol. Duncan is 39 that is the difference.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really just gotta do this the right way all the way through...its just too funny

{Our scene begins in a penthouse on top of a skyscraper overlooking Biscayne Bay sometime in July of 2013}

MA- "LeBron can become a free agent next year- what do you think we should do to prove we are committed to spend what it takes to win- ya know- considering he took a discount to come here?"

PR- "Well- we could spend the mid level exception- the only problem is- 11 months from now- were gonna face the Spurs in the Finals- dont ask me how i know- I JUST DO- and there is no one that can help us"

MA "You dont have to tell me twice- im not trying to pay the tax on the mid level- how are we gonna break it to Bron though? YA know- since he took a discount to come here- probably not gonna sit well us leaving avenues to get better unused"

PR- "We will tell him together"

MA "LEBron- come in, come in- we got some news for ya"

PR "we arent gonna use the mid level exception this year"

LBJ "Why not?"

PR "Well- 11 months from now- we are going to play the Spurs in the Finals- and theres just no one willing to come to South Beach to play for a ring that will make any difference"

LBJ "How do you know were playing the Spurs?"

PR "I just do"

LBJ "How?"

PR "I just do. and trust me- I know you took a discount to come here to win a title- and were favorites to win it and all- but i searched high and low- there is just absolutely no player out there that can help us- no one that will take the mid level exception to come play in South Beach for a title favorite"

LBJ "Really? no one is going to come to South Beach for a few millions bucks to be practically guaranteed a Finals appearance that can help us beat the Spurs in a Finals matchup that you know is going to happen 11 months before it happens?"

Riley "EXACTLY- I told you he would understand Mick"

MA "Seriously LeBron- if we thought we could get a player to come to South Beach to take the mid level exception to play for a title contender- wed do it- its just not happening though. I mean- you dont want DeMarre Carrol or Corey Brewer or Mike Dunleavy or Timo Mozgov or Mo Williams or Brandon Wright- you dont want these guys- and trust me- when we face the Spurs 11 months from now in the Finals- none of those guys will make a difference I can tell ya that- did you see how pissed the Spurs were when we beat them? No way that happens again"

LeBron "So- what you are telling me is that- somehow- you know that 11 months from now we are playing the Spurs- and you are deciding not to use the midlevel exception- because none of those players will help us win- anymore than Rashrad Lewis and Greg Oden at the miniumum would help us win?"

MA and PR "Exactly!!!"

MA and PR- "Oh I almost forgot- we fucked up giving Joel that contract. Were gonna trade him midseason and get rid of a first round pick in the process- Im not trying to pay that horrible contract"

LBJ "ARe you gonna get any playerse back for him and the first rounder?"

MA "No- Im just saving money on the deal- and by the way- we whave this plan next summer where we think you should take a deal worth less than the max again"

LBJ "So- you want me to take less than the max- when you are making deals that dont help the team that just save YOU money?"

MA and PR "EXACTLY"

LBJ - {in his head} - As soon as NEXt July comes around I am fucking OUT...lets see how this team does without me- at least Mick will save some cash.

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Bargnani sign anywhere?

He's shit as a high-priced starter.

But, a shooter off the bench?

Hmmmmm.....
Well, he will get burned on defense every play and hurt team rebounding immensely. If you need a shooter that bad, then by all means, you should sign him.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen that Croation kid that Orlando drafted?

He talks shit like Reggie Miller....

But, he can shoot and is dunking on fools like he's BG32...lol

Put, this guy in the Dunk contest.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duncan was paid $21mil in his 15th season in the NBA. Duncan made a shit ton of money already before he started taking discounts to field a better team around him. Let's not act like Duncan has been doing that his entire career.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I predicted before the draft that he'd be better than Porzingis. Dude has a lot of game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i heard he is quite the guy to watch- and very shall we say- CONFIDENT- for a Euro......Hezonja- I am really anxious to see him play

Orlando has an interesting little squad there.....Harris, Oladipo, Payton, Vucevic, Gordon (almost forgot him), Hezonja....Before long they are going to give teams a run for their money in that division.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deron goes to the Mavs. 2 year around $10 mil

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a lot of great young talent on Orlando...and it seems to fit

back court with Payton/Oladipo/Hezonja

Harris on the wing

Gordon at PF

Vucevic at center....

thatll be a fun team to watch.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amare in Miami on the minimum. I'm indifferent on that one. Defense needs a lot of work.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they might sign Boozer to a minimum.

I could go either way on Boozer or Amare. I guess on the minimum it's not a bad deal. At least it gives us depth on the front court, and he's not offensively challenged. But like I said, defense needs work.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami just needs warm bodies to get through the season.

Wade probably isnt going to play any back-to-backs at all......so even "defense optional" faded players like Amare can have some value if nothing more than to pick up minutes when Wade sits.

Miami will be much more of post-season threat.
They are not healthy enough to be a regular season team.

Getting warm bodies with a tiny bit of talent is not a bad idea for vet minimums.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron cares about winning a championship for Cleveland lol. Duncan is 39 that is the difference.
LOL duncan been doing this for awhile plus i never saw him do contract with a player option of year. Same for kobe and so on and so on. Another example Butler signing with the Bulls. He signed a 5 year deal with a player option at year 4. If u want to stay with your team u sign a long term deal. Lets see what happens when Durant signs. Does LBJ want to win yes but he doesn't care if he eats all the cap. If so he wouldn't take so much every year. Don't be mad. Facts are Facts.