• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why the Mavs didn't go after Kanter after DJ had his sleepover? He's by means a great player, but he played well for the Thunder after getting out of that logjam in Utah. Heck he wasn't even bad in Utah.

Miami made a nice pickup in Amare for 18mpg or so off the bench.

Presuming they keep him away from the fire extinguisher

9g6ewy.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really just gotta do this the right way all the way through...its just too funny

{Our scene begins in a penthouse on top of a skyscraper overlooking Biscayne Bay sometime in July of 2013}

MA- "LeBron can become a free agent next year- what do you think we should do to prove we are committed to spend what it takes to win- ya know- considering he took a discount to come here?"

PR- "Well- we could spend the mid level exception- the only problem is- 11 months from now- were gonna face the Spurs in the Finals- dont ask me how i know- I JUST DO- and there is no one that can help us"

MA "You dont have to tell me twice- im not trying to pay the tax on the mid level- how are we gonna break it to Bron though? YA know- since he took a discount to come here- probably not gonna sit well us leaving avenues to get better unused"

PR- "We will tell him together"

MA "LEBron- come in, come in- we got some news for ya"

PR "we arent gonna use the mid level exception this year"

LBJ "Why not?"

PR "Well- 11 months from now- we are going to play the Spurs in the Finals- and theres just no one willing to come to South Beach to play for a ring that will make any difference"

LBJ "How do you know were playing the Spurs?"

PR "I just do"

LBJ "How?"

PR "I just do. and trust me- I know you took a discount to come here to win a title- and were favorites to win it and all- but i searched high and low- there is just absolutely no player out there that can help us- no one that will take the mid level exception to come play in South Beach for a title favorite"

LBJ "Really? no one is going to come to South Beach for a few millions bucks to be practically guaranteed a Finals appearance that can help us beat the Spurs in a Finals matchup that you know is going to happen 11 months before it happens?"

Riley "EXACTLY- I told you he would understand Mick"

MA "Seriously LeBron- if we thought we could get a player to come to South Beach to take the mid level exception to play for a title contender- wed do it- its just not happening though. I mean- you dont want DeMarre Carrol or Corey Brewer or Mike Dunleavy or Timo Mozgov or Mo Williams or Brandon Wright- you dont want these guys- and trust me- when we face the Spurs 11 months from now in the Finals- none of those guys will make a difference I can tell ya that- did you see how pissed the Spurs were when we beat them? No way that happens again"

LeBron "So- what you are telling me is that- somehow- you know that 11 months from now we are playing the Spurs- and you are deciding not to use the midlevel exception- because none of those players will help us win- anymore than Rashrad Lewis and Greg Oden at the miniumum would help us win?"

MA and PR "Exactly!!!"

MA and PR- "Oh I almost forgot- we fucked up giving Joel that contract. Were gonna trade him midseason and get rid of a first round pick in the process- Im not trying to pay that horrible contract"

LBJ "ARe you gonna get any playerse back for him and the first rounder?"

MA "No- Im just saving money on the deal- and by the way- we whave this plan next summer where we think you should take a deal worth less than the max again"

LBJ "So- you want me to take less than the max- when you are making deals that dont help the team that just save YOU money?"

MA and PR "EXACTLY"

LBJ - {in his head} - As soon as NEXt July comes around I am fucking OUT...lets see how this team does without me- at least Mick will save some cash.

How long did it take to type something this long and stupid?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen that Croation kid that Orlando drafted?

He talks shit like Reggie Miller....

But, he can shoot and is dunking on fools like he's BG32...lol

Put, this guy in the Dunk contest.

I think that's the kid I've heard them calling "EuroKobe."

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it's safer in here. I don't want the ban-hammer to drop on me because I'm voicing an unpopular opinion.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.I got an hour to kill in
Houston. Maybe I'll see if I can find DJ's house faster then Cuban.

2. I think we finally sent Wiggy over the deep end. :suds:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funny thing is he has "butt r***d" the Bulls in both Cleveland and Miami and that doesnt figure to change any time soon, lol

Could be wrong but I think it's gonna change
sooner then you think.
Riley's rejuvenated.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Amare is good for anything anymore.

That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.

He may have been drastically over-paid but he's still just 32 and while he can't be a starter anymore.....he can certainly play off the bench for about 18-20 minutes for a few more seasons. As long as he stays reasonably healthy.

Saying he's good for nothing is somewhat ignorant if you're a knowledgeable fan and follow the NBA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really just gotta do this the right way all the way through...its just too funny

{Our scene begins in a penthouse on top of a skyscraper overlooking Biscayne Bay sometime in July of 2013}

MA- "LeBron can become a free agent next year- what do you think we should do to prove we are committed to spend what it takes to win- ya know- considering he took a discount to come here?"

PR- "Well- we could spend the mid level exception- the only problem is- 11 months from now- were gonna face the Spurs in the Finals- dont ask me how i know- I JUST DO- and there is no one that can help us"

MA "You dont have to tell me twice- im not trying to pay the tax on the mid level- how are we gonna break it to Bron though? YA know- since he took a discount to come here- probably not gonna sit well us leaving avenues to get better unused"

PR- "We will tell him together"

MA "LEBron- come in, come in- we got some news for ya"

PR "we arent gonna use the mid level exception this year"

LBJ "Why not?"

PR "Well- 11 months from now- we are going to play the Spurs in the Finals- and theres just no one willing to come to South Beach to play for a ring that will make any difference"

LBJ "How do you know were playing the Spurs?"

PR "I just do"

LBJ "How?"

PR "I just do. and trust me- I know you took a discount to come here to win a title- and were favorites to win it and all- but i searched high and low- there is just absolutely no player out there that can help us- no one that will take the mid level exception to come play in South Beach for a title favorite"

LBJ "Really? no one is going to come to South Beach for a few millions bucks to be practically guaranteed a Finals appearance that can help us beat the Spurs in a Finals matchup that you know is going to happen 11 months before it happens?"

Riley "EXACTLY- I told you he would understand Mick"

MA "Seriously LeBron- if we thought we could get a player to come to South Beach to take the mid level exception to play for a title contender- wed do it- its just not happening though. I mean- you dont want DeMarre Carrol or Corey Brewer or Mike Dunleavy or Timo Mozgov or Mo Williams or Brandon Wright- you dont want these guys- and trust me- when we face the Spurs 11 months from now in the Finals- none of those guys will make a difference I can tell ya that- did you see how pissed the Spurs were when we beat them? No way that happens again"

LeBron "So- what you are telling me is that- somehow- you know that 11 months from now we are playing the Spurs- and you are deciding not to use the midlevel exception- because none of those players will help us win- anymore than Rashrad Lewis and Greg Oden at the miniumum would help us win?"

MA and PR "Exactly!!!"

MA and PR- "Oh I almost forgot- we fucked up giving Joel that contract. Were gonna trade him midseason and get rid of a first round pick in the process- Im not trying to pay that horrible contract"

LBJ "ARe you gonna get any playerse back for him and the first rounder?"

MA "No- Im just saving money on the deal- and by the way- we whave this plan next summer where we think you should take a deal worth less than the max again"

LBJ "So- you want me to take less than the max- when you are making deals that dont help the team that just save YOU money?"

MA and PR "EXACTLY"

LBJ - {in his head} - As soon as NEXt July comes around I am fucking OUT...lets see how this team does without me- at least Mick will save some cash.

I'll counter your novel of stupidity with simplicity.
Nobody we could have added that year would have been near enough to beat the Spurs.
We didn't need anyone else to beat anyone else.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.

He may have been drastically over-paid but he's still just 32 and while he can't be a starter anymore.....he can certainly play off the bench for about 18-20 minutes for a few more seasons. As long as he stays reasonably healthy.

Saying he's good for nothing is somewhat ignorant if you're a knowledgeable fan and follow the NBA.
Thanks for the backhanded insult. Anyway, he was great when he was quick. Now he's slow as death, can't defend, can't rebound, and can't stretch a defense with his shooting. He was awful in Dallas as a back up and I don't expect him to be much better in Miami. They would've been better off going after an undrafted FA or some FA PF that's still around.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly a quarter of a billion in a lifetime to play a kid's game. I think I have been screwed like there is no tomorrow.
I'm really good with a yo yo... That should count for something.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggys actually created more animated ( stupid) conversation then Riley/James actually had.
Do you know that James refused to go to the standard end of season exit interview?
He had no reason to, he already knew he was leaving.