• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the backhanded insult. Anyway, he was great when he was quick. Now he's slow as death, can't defend, can't rebound, and can't stretch a defense with his shooting. He was awful in Dallas as a back up and I don't expect him to be much better in Miami. They would've been better off going after an undrafted FA or some FA PF that's still around.

I'm no Amare expert, but I specifically remember watching a Heat/Knicks game last year and saying that he still plays with a high motor and that he was a perfect backup for 10-12 minutes a game if he was on the right team.

Very low risk move.
I think worth taking.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well saying he's good for nothing?
Thanks for the backhanded insult. Anyway, he was great when he was quick. Now he's slow as death, can't defend, can't rebound, and can't stretch a defense with his shooting. He was awful in Dallas as a back up and I don't expect him to be much better in Miami. They would've been better off going after an undrafted FA or some FA PF that's still around.

Just keeping it 100.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no Amare expert, but I specifically remember watching a Heat/Knicks game last year and saying that he still plays with a high motor and that he was a perfect backup for 10-12 minutes a game if he was on the right team.

Very low risk move.
I think worth taking.
We will just have to wait and see. I have a feeling you're going to want amare gone before the end of the year next year. TV announcers aren't usually the best judge of talent.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very low risk move.
I think worth taking.

He can't play 30-35mpg anymore.....obviously......but for 18-20mpg? He could be a solid backup at the 4 and 5. I could see him putting up 9ppg and 5-6rpg. Those are decent backup numbers.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans: Quick summary of what to expect from Green. I'm sure you know Dragic well by now so I won't go into it with him.

Breakdown: Best dunker in the game. Hands down, one play from him on a fast break can change the entire momentum of the game and get the crowd back into it. He fueled us in MANY comeback wins over the last two years. Very streaky shooter, when he's on there isn't a shooter in the league (minus Curry) that I've seen carry a team like he does. I mean, he's had some ridiculous games off the bench for us. Dropped 40 once and 30-35 plenty of times.

When he's off he's atrocious, though. Turns the ball over a lot and the main reason for this is his subpar ball handling skills. Literally cannot put the ball on the deck to save his life. He's a great spark plug off the bench that can catch fire in a hurry, but if you leave him in when he's off for too long he can do the opposite and KILL momentum. Shoots some shots that will have you scratching your head, but his "on" games make up for those nights. Perfect bench player imo. Suns are loaded at guard now with Bled, Knight, Booker, Goodwin & Weems so I'm not too upset we didn't resign him, it was expected.

Love this addition for Miami, he will be instant offense off the bench and can start games Wade misses/sits out.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well saying he's good for nothing?

Just keeping it 100.
I don't want him anywhere near my team. Even if my team didn't have a glut of post players, I still wouldn't want him. Players like amare aren't on contenders, not even off of the bench. Maybe when he had his explosiveness and could score, but now he really isn't good at anything. He shouldn't get significant minutes anywhere in the NBA.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him anywhere near my team. Even if my team didn't have a glut of post players, I still wouldn't want him. Players like amare aren't on contenders, not even off of the bench. Maybe when he had his explosiveness and could score, but now he really isn't good at anything.

Just say you don't like him and let's move on. He can still play as evident by last season. He averaged 13.1ppg and 4.4rpg the last 7 games of the regular season with Dallas. In just 17.7mpg.

Amar'e Stoudemire Game By Game Stats and Performance - Miami Heat - ESPN

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will just have to wait and see. I have a feeling you're going to want amare gone before the end of the year next year. TV announcers aren't usually the best judge of talent.

If he's no good, he won't play.
The deeper the roster the better.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10+ PPG in 16 MPG is pretty solid.

He doesn't do anything else good but he can provide some instant offense from the bench. We have a solid bench now. Green, McRoberts, and Amare are all solid players

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans: Quick summary of what to expect from Green. I'm sure you know Dragic well by now so I won't go into it with him.

Breakdown: Best dunker in the game. Hands down, one play from him on a fast break can change the entire momentum of the game and get the crowd back into it. He fueled us in MANY comeback wins over the last two years. Very streaky shooter, when he's on there isn't a shooter in the league (minus Curry) that I've seen carry a team like he does. I mean, he's had some ridiculous games off the bench for us. Dropped 40 once and 30-35 plenty of times.

When he's off he's atrocious, though. Turns the ball over a lot and the main reason for this is his subpar ball handling skills. Literally cannot put the ball on the deck to save his life. He's a great spark plug off the bench that can catch fire in a hurry, but if you leave him in when he's off for too long he can do the opposite and KILL momentum. Shoots some shots that will have you scratching your head, but his "on" games make up for those nights. Perfect bench player imo. Suns are loaded at guard now with Bled, Knight, Booker, Goodwin & Weems so I'm not too upset we didn't resign him, it was expected.

Love this addition for Miami, he will be instant offense off the bench and can start games Wade misses/sits out.

Now that's some great analysis.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very low risk move.
I think worth taking.

I watched Amare play last year and he still has a versatile offensive game, and while not at his prime he is still more athletic than most big men. Consider all of this and what he can do, I find it amazing that he is going to be paid only 1.5 million while many young 7 footers who have no experience and nothing compared to Amare's offensive skills are making 5 million.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Amare play last year and he still has a versatile offensive game, and while not at his prime he is still more athletic than most big men. Consider all of this and what he can do, I find it amazing that he is going to be paid only 1.5 million while many young 7 footers who have no experience and nothing compared to Amare's offensive skills are making 5 million.

He's not exactly young, but Zaza Pachulia is going to make 5.3 million next season. Think about that for a minute.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caron Butler to the Kings? Maybe we can get Jerry Stackhouse to come back to the NBA. Jeez, this team is going to stink again.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not exactly young, but Zaza Pachulia is going to make 5.3 million next season. Think about that for a minute.

I kinda like Pachulia, old school thug type player that never smiles, except inside after a nice cheap shot. He looks like he'd beat the hell out of 99% of people in the league.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda like Pachulia, old school thug type player that never smiles, except inside after a nice cheap shot. He looks like he'd beat the hell out of 99% of people in the league.

He's not bad but I think 2-3 million is what he should be paid, not the MLE basically.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So basically he is JR in his younger days when he was a great dunker lol