• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With people like Clippers, Mavs, and others potentially hurting for decent big men... I'm hopeful that the Cavs might actually be able to deal Varejao... though there hasn't been any buzz about it.

I know Bron likes him... but I'm sure even he can see that with TT, Love, and Moz... that $10 mill contract could be better allocated

No offense.

But, I'd rather have soft-helmet Hibbert, that Andy.

Andy hustles and is a scrapper.

He would fit well with the Clippers.

But, he is chronically BROKEN.

I'd rather have mentally challenged for a Season over Physically fragile for 2-3 more years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't really serious, but I highly doubt they will be the 1 seed.
Seems like every year, some team goes on a mission to get it.

LeBron isn't going to kill himself for 82, ever again, so its not terribly unrealistic.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense.

But, I'd rather have soft-helmet Hibbert, that Andy.

Andy hustles and is a scrapper.

He would fit well with the Clippers.

But, he is chronically BROKEN.

I'd rather have mentally challenged for a Season over Physically fragile for 2-3 more years.
when this game of musical chairs is over and the music stops- some teams are going to get desperate----and thats where ROY HIBBERT COMES IN!!! lol

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

I think it was equal parts Presentation and lack of roster.

He may or may not have been fazed by Kobe's I'm Batman you're Robin like Gasol spiel.

That wasn't the problem.

The problem was the lack of basketball related info:

What is the plan going forward? Who else are you bringing in?...etc

They did what they always do: Played the Hollywood card.

Adam Levine holding up a sign "LA to LA"?...really? Did I miss the article about him being a huge Maroon 5 fan?

Folks from my old board know that I have been a big Aldridge fan for years.

Nothing that I have ever seen/read about him would indicate that he is in the least bit interested in making movies/music...doing the entertainment thing.

He actually comes off as extremely distant, slightly aloof......at the least, kinda reserved.

Play to your audience.

Young guys eat that shit up.

He's a Vet.

It's quite simply the roster. It's severely lacking compared to the Spurs who offer Aldridge, a 30 year old with a declining window of opportunity, a better chance to win immediately. It's really not much of a surprise. Monroe, a younger player who could grow alongside the Lakers youth, is more surprising.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the plan going forward? Who else are you bringing in?...etc

They did what they always do: Played the Hollywood card.

Adam Levine holding up a sign "LA to LA"?...really? Did I miss the article about him being a huge Maroon 5 fan?

Folks from my old board know that I have been a big Aldridge fan for years.

Nothing that I have ever seen/read about him would indicate that he is in the least bit interested in making movies/music...doing the entertainment thing.

He actually comes off as extremely distant, slightly aloof......at the least, kinda reserved.

Play to your audience.

Young guys eat that shit up.

He's a Vet.

Pretty much this exactly. Unfortunately, right now, the main thing the Lakers have to present to these guys is "look at what we can do to build your brand" because they are in a re-build. Aldridge knows that he can build his brand in LA. As you point out, he's a vet. The young guys we have appear to be nice pieces, but we really know nothing about them. For a guy like LA, he's thinking, "Cool, I can build my brand, but show me how I can win a championship now, not 3 years from now."

Right now, there are too many "ifs." If Randle is as good as we think, if Russell is as good as we think, if what we saw from Clarkson last year is real, if we can land so and so FA as a solid role player....."

This, imo, is also the one area where Kobe's contract does hurt them. It's like "Okay, you can pay me the max and team me up with some guys who might be good along with 1 year of whatever Kobe has left, but who're you going to get that we know is good?"

I think that if the young guys can stay healthy and they look good next year, then the Lakers will become much more attractive to FA's going forward.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when this game of musical chairs is over and the music stops- some teams are going to get desperate----and thats where ROY HIBBERT COMES IN!!! lol

:L Please God, I don't ask for much. Keep the Lakers away from Hibbert.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that if the young guys can stay healthy and they look good next year, then the Lakers will become much more attractive to FA's going forward.

Unfortunately that's the realism of the Lakers current situation. Hopefully they are drafting the right players that will develop into next stars of the league. They just simply aren't an attractive destination for veteran free agents that want to win now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quite simply the roster. It's severely lacking compared to the Spurs who offer Aldridge, a 30 year old with a declining window of opportunity, a better chance to win immediately. It's really not much of a surprise. Monroe, a younger player who could grow alongside the Lakers youth, is more surprising.

I'm not even sure that Monroe is such a surprise. Obviously, it's more of a surprise than Aldridge. But he may be wary about developing alongside other young guys when he doesn't know how good those other young guys are. He was probably expecting to develop alongside other young guys in Detroit and that hasn't panned out.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure that Monroe is such a surprise. Obviously, it's more of a surprise than Aldridge. But he may be wary about developing alongside other young guys when he doesn't know how good those other young guys are. He was probably expecting to develop alongside other young guys in Detroit and that hasn't panned out.

The Lakers didn't offer him a max contract either. I'm sure that was a major factor.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really serious, but I highly doubt they will be the 1 seed.
Seems like every year, some team goes on a mission to get it.

LeBron isn't going to kill himself for 82, ever again, so its not terribly unrealistic.

I could see them getting it. A lot of it depends on how stiff their competition is. Atlanta, for example, is taking a lot of risks not re-signing Carroll and gambling on Hardaway. Chicago could get it if they can stay healthy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bucks have some nice young players.

But, I have to believe the Lakers, Portland nor Knicks offered him the contract he wanted.

Maybe the money was close. But, the years were wrong?

He will be unrestricted again in 2 years.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sad.

But, so.

Jordan really could walk to the Mavs or Lakers.

You guys get the reports on a Natinal level.

But, living in Cali, we here way more chatter from folks who are in a position to know.

DeAndre is really considering the Lakers.

If he goes, my list in order:

1. Robin Lopez

2. Roy Hibbert

3. Candace Parker

That's how bad it is...lol

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You and I think alike.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad.

But, so.

Jordan really could walk to the Mavs or Lakers.

You guys get the reports on a Natinal level.

But, living in Cali, we here way more chatter from folks who are in a position to know.

DeAndre is really considering the Lakers.

If he goes, my list in order:

1. Robin Lopez

2. Roy Hibbert

3. Candace Parker

That's how bad it is...lol

What makes you think that? All evidence is to the contrary

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know that it was a deciding factor. but somewhere in meeting between the two they just didn't agree. read something about kobe saying it would be like him and gasol. apparently didn't like that answer.
Yea I read that too. But my comment was in relation to someone saying that LA apparently thought he was worth more than 3 minutes of Kobe's time.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately that's the realism of the Lakers current situation. Hopefully they are drafting the right players that will develop into next stars of the league. They just simply aren't an attractive destination for veteran free agents that want to win now.

Agree! People aren't used to being patient with the Lakers and that's the problem.