• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't quite know where these rumours are starting from. How many people in that very specific, presumably closed-off room are going to the press to discuss what LMA is thinking? Kobe's tweet is exactly saying that:

This always happens. They did the same thing the summer Nash & Howard ended being Lakers. Said Howard would never play with Kobe..yada yada yada. I'll believe it when/if he signs somewhere else on or after 7/9.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This always happens. They did the same thing the summer Nash & Howard ended being Lakers. Said Howard would never play with Kobe..yada yada yada. I'll believe it when/if he signs somewhere else on or after 7/9.
so wait.

you are saying that you personally think that Aldridge IS coming to the Lakers?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really serious, but I highly doubt they will be the 1 seed.
Seems like every year, some team goes on a mission to get it.

LeBron isn't going to kill himself for 82, ever again, so its not terribly unrealistic.
LeBron hardly "killed himself" the 2nd half of last season- and the CAvs had the best record in the NBA- including a stretch where they went 15-1 against the West (the only loss being an overtime loss AT Houston).

Id say they should be the favorites for the one seed- with Chicago close by- all though Chicago does have a new coach so there might be some early season growing pains like the Cavs had last year.

Congrats to Chicago on getting Butler signed up for 5 years as well. I anticipate some very good battles with Chicago the upcoming years- all though- if I am a Chicago fan- I have to think that you missed an opportunity at getting the CAvs at their must vulnerable during the playoffs.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so wait.

you are saying that you personally think that Aldridge IS coming to the Lakers?
I'm saying nobody knows what he's gonna do until he does it. Simple.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron hardly "killed himself" the 2nd half of last season- and the CAvs had the best record in the NBA- including a stretch where they went 15-1 against the West (the only loss being an overtime loss AT Houston).

Id say they should be the favorites for the one seed- with Chicago close by- all though Chicago does have a new coach so there might be some early season growing pains like the Cavs had last year.

Congrats to Chicago on getting Butler signed up for 5 years as well. I anticipate some very good battles with Chicago the upcoming years- all though- if I am a Chicago fan- I have to think that you missed an opportunity at getting the CAvs at their must vulnerable during the playoffs.
So having said that, why weren't they able to catch and take over the #1 seed in the second half of the season?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was profound.
Well I mean, if you didn't spend so much time trying to imply things that aren't there and just read the black print you could've figured it out yourself. It wasn't complicated and I didn't use any trickery.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So having said that, why weren't they able to catch and take over the #1 seed in the second half of the season?
because they were 19-20 when they started their run- and their run began when LeBron came back from his injuries and after the trades that transformed a good deal of their roster.

the Cavs were 34-9 the rest of the year- the best record in the NBA- and at least 2 of those losses occurred near the end when the #2 seed was safe and they were resting players.

Once the Cavs made their roster moves- moved Waiters- brought in Mozgov to replace the injured Varejao, and LeBRon came back healthy (obviously the most important aspect)- they played the best ball in the league- had the leagues most efficient offense outside of Golden State and played top 10 defense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I mean, if you didn't spend so much time trying to imply things that aren't there and just read the black print you could've figured it out yourself. It wasn't complicated and I didn't use any trickery.
I mean- I HOPE Aldridge signs in Los Angeles- Id much rather have him in their rebuilding situation than potentially on the Spurs and give the Spurs their bridge to the future with Aldridge and Leonard. It has just seemed rather clear that Aldridge is not going there which is a point that has been reiterated by a number of Lakers fans on this very board. ---and maybe its for the best long term.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because they were 19-20 when they started their run- and their run began when LeBron came back from his injuries and after the trades that transformed a good deal of their roster.

the Cavs were 34-9 the rest of the year- the best record in the NBA- and at least 2 of those losses occurred near the end when the #2 seed was safe and they were resting players.

Once the Cavs made their roster moves- moved Waiters- brought in Mozgov to replace the injured Varejao, and LeBRon came back healthy (obviously the most important aspect)- they played the best ball in the league- had the leagues most efficient offense outside of Golden State and played top 10 defense.

Yet you thought they would beat GS? And don't give me that injury crap. It's the FO's responsibility to make sure they put together a team that has enough guys should injuries occur. THAT is the depth that you saw in GS.

I wonder why most people think brining back this same core is going to get them a title. If the team didn't win as constructed, then there is room for improvement. It doesn't matter how far you get in the postseason if you don't get the trophy in the end then you've lost. Even teams that have won the title have made improvements to the roster season after season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Aldridge goes to LA too, but from multiple reliable sources, he ruled out LA. Anything is possible, but why would he go from Portland, who was a 3 seed, to a team that hasnt proven themselves in years and not go to a team that has won 5 titles in the last decade or Houston who made it to the WCF's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you thought they would beat GS? And don't give me that injury crap. It's the FO's responsibility to make sure they put together a team that has enough guys should injuries occur. THAT is the depth that you saw in GS.

I wonder why most people think brining back this same core is going to get them a title. If the team didn't win as constructed, then there is room for improvement. It doesn't matter how far you get in the postseason if you don't get the trophy in the end then you've lost. Even teams that have won the title have made improvements to the roster season after season.
lol, if you sum up not having Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving and Anderson Varejao as "that injury crap" then i just dont know what else to say. No other team in the NBA would have sniffed the NBA Finals with those type of injuries. It was only by LeBrons total GREATNESS and the great work of the front office to add depth that the Cavs managed to get to the Finals without those 3.

but whatever....if you think losing those 3 can be yada-yada'd off as "that injury crap" more power to you. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact is players were injured, you can discount that if you want but it makes no sense.
The Warriors have done nothing so far, they were a great team, but everything went right for them. With more teams getting deeper rosters in the West and players healing up. Warriors wont get as much help this time. Everything worked out perfectly, too good to be true.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- I HOPE Aldridge signs in Los Angeles- Id much rather have him in their rebuilding situation than potentially on the Spurs and give the Spurs their bridge to the future with Aldridge and Leonard. It has just seemed rather clear that Aldridge is not going there which is a point that has been reiterated by a number of Lakers fans on this very board. ---and maybe its for the best long term.
I can't speculate one way or the other where he will end up. It'd be nice if he came to the Lakers but how come it's rather clear to you what he plans to do? Do you have an inside track to his plans?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windhorst: Lakers are at the kiddie table
Brian Windhorst says the Lakers are struggling to land top-tier free agents in part because they have failed to invest in analytics.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Cavs are playing a little hardball with TT after all.. hopefully they can get the number down a bit without anything breaking down

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, if you sum up not having Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving and Anderson Varejao as "that injury crap" then i just dont know what else to say. No other team in the NBA would have sniffed the NBA Finals with those type of injuries. It was only by LeBrons total GREATNESS and the great work of the front office to add depth that the Cavs managed to get to the Finals without those 3.

but whatever....if you think losing those 3 can be yada-yada'd off as "that injury crap" more power to you. lol
LOL I wish "then I just don't know what else to say" was the truth...but you continue to give us book after book about the same crap. When a player is "hurt" and unable to play what else would you call them other than injured? And here's a news flash...MOST teams are plagued by injury at some point during the season so your team isn't the only ones.

And what depth on the Cavs do you speak about? The consensus is they had NO depth...SMH. You're problem is your rants flip flop reminiscent to a fish out of water. I mean wasn't your excuse for them not winning was that their main guys were injured and they didn't have any other players to step up?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Windhorst: Lakers are at the kiddie table
Brian Windhorst says the Lakers are struggling to land top-tier free agents in part because they have failed to invest in analytics.
So that's your inside track to what LA is gonna do? Hahahahaha alrighty Russy.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Cavs are playing a little hardball with TT after all.. hopefully they can get the number down a bit without anything breaking down

Yea they would want to...I mean goodness 16 mil to come off the bench & shag rebounds??

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I mean, if you didn't spend so much time trying to imply things that aren't there and just read the black print you could've figured it out yourself.

That's pretty funny coming from you.

Me yesterday: "Maybe LMA thought he was worth more than just 3 minutes of Kobe's time."

Your response: "So are you saying that LA was more interested in what Kobe had to say instead of the guys that make the final decision? Seriously?"

smiley-laughing009.gif