• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VERY unlikely.
Why would Toronto even consider giving up players like that?
They struggle to get good players to sign there.
No reason to give away the ones they have.

The scenario would be dumping salary (via Haywood Contract) in order to get one of the bigger FA they're currently after.

I agree, even then, unlikely though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VERY unlikely.
Why would Toronto even consider giving up players like that?
They struggle to get good players to sign there.
No reason to give away the ones they have.

They dont want to pay DeRozen and there wouldnt be use for him, plus they want to clear space for Matthews and others.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the Big FAs for next year? I know Riley has been all about saving cap space to go after Durant and Anthony Davis. Davis has already resigned and i see no way on earth does Durant sign in Miami. No way does he want to follow Lebrons footsteps. He either is staying put or going to Washington. So who else does that leave as big FAs that Riley is so intent on having tons of $$ for?

I'm curious myself. Durant looks to be a pipe dream. Then again, it depends on how much Whiteside develops and how Winslow looks. If both look like they'll be a legit combo, then it's possible for Riley to sell that to Durant. However, given the contracts we've signed, and what Whiteside is likely going to receive; I don't see Durant possible from a financial perspective, unless some players were moved.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With people like Clippers, Mavs, and others potentially hurting for decent big men... I'm hopeful that the Cavs might actually be able to deal Varejao... though there hasn't been any buzz about it.

I know Bron likes him... but I'm sure even he can see that with TT, Love, and Moz... that $10 mill contract could be better allocated

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With people like Clippers, Mavs, and others potentially hurting for decent big men... I'm hopeful that the Cavs might actually be able to deal Varejao... though there hasn't been any buzz about it.

I know Bron likes him... but I'm sure even he can see that with TT, Love, and Moz... that $10 mill contract could be better allocated

I highly doubt it, he wants to get Varajeo a ring too.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the Big FAs for next year? I know Riley has been all about saving cap space to go after Durant and Anthony Davis. Davis has already resigned and i see no way on earth does Durant sign in Miami. No way does he want to follow Lebrons footsteps. He either is staying put or going to Washington. So who else does that leave as big FAs that Riley is so intent on having tons of $$ for?
Well Davis and Lillard are off the table, now.

Besides Durant.... I believe there is Conley, Horford, Dwight, Noah... Whiteside.... Batum, Drummond, Kobe :-)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw a show on NBA TV where Chris Webber talked about how the team collapsed internally when Doug Christie was traded away. You have to be careful who you trade. It makes sense from a financial perspective as I can't recall the last time Varejao made it through a whole season (probably the last time Lebron was in a Cavs uniform). I say this because he's Lebron's boy, and as Wiggy likes to throw it around blindly, it supposedly pissed off Lebron when the Heat amnestied Mike Miller. What would happen here? Considering that Lebron has Gilbert by the balls.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big sign for the Bucks. And with Jabari Parker coming back next season, the Bucks might be a pretty decent team.

Bucks have potential now to be another scary first round opponent. If Jabari Parker stays healthy and continues to improve....man.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks have potential now to be another scary first round opponent. If Jabari Parker stays healthy and continues to improve....man.

They definitely seem like the kind of team that gets the sixth seed and ends up winning in the first round. If Jabari can stay healthy, of course.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks got a good, young team and good bench:

Carter-Williiams
Middleton
Parker
Monroe
Henson

Bayless
Mayo
Dudley/Antetokounmpo
Plumlee
Pachulia

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big sign for the Bucks. And with Jabari Parker coming back next season, the Bucks might be a pretty decent team.

I love this.

Jordan was a bad match...imo.

* not just because I want to keep him *

They didn't have enough scoring to sign a defense and dunks only type player.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely seem like the kind of team that gets the sixth seed and ends up winning in the first round. If Jabari can stay healthy, of course.

Great news if the Cavs are the 3 seed.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Davis and Lillard are off the table, now.

Besides Durant.... I believe there is Conley, Horford, Dwight, Noah... Whiteside.... Batum, Drummond, Kobe :-)

Don't forget LeBron

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are putting way too much stock into the reports on the Lakers presentation.

I imagine most players have pretty strong pre-conceived ideas/feelings/notions going into these free agent meetings. A lot more depends on that than depends on the team's presentation, IMO.

I disagree.

I think it was equal parts Presentation and lack of roster.

He may or may not have been fazed by Kobe's I'm Batman you're Robin like Gasol spiel.

That wasn't the problem.

The problem was the lack of basketball related info:

What is the plan going forward? Who else are you bringing in?...etc

They did what they always do: Played the Hollywood card.

Adam Levine holding up a sign "LA to LA"?...really? Did I miss the article about him being a huge Maroon 5 fan?

Folks from my old board know that I have been a big Aldridge fan for years.

Nothing that I have ever seen/read about him would indicate that he is in the least bit interested in making movies/music...doing the entertainment thing.

He actually comes off as extremely distant, slightly aloof......at the least, kinda reserved.

Play to your audience.

Young guys eat that shit up.

He's a Vet.