• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously think there is a part of Kobe that feels he has to be the guy ALL THE TIME and if gets a hint that somebody might be the guy, he can't help himself to not be the guy even after almost 19 years of being the guy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be too hard on Irving. I just feel like the Warriors are the only team in a position to be doubling down on what they did last year (and they are)

Agreed. When the Heat lost to Dallas in 2011, they did some tweaking with the roster in adding Shane Battier and getting other players (not sure of who due to laziness and my memory being shit nowadays). I love UD (and consider TT the same type of player), but I'd lose my shit if the Heat paid him $80 mil over 5 years back in his prime.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the Sixers doing, like seriously. They got like 8 PF's and centers.

3 centers that are top 10 picks. They have like $50 mil in cap space (not sure what it is now).

What a mess

That deal actually makes sense for the Sixers. They get picks, usable NBA players (a rarity in Philly of late), and the awesomeness that is Sauce Castillo all for basically nothing.

It's the Kings that are a bigger mess. They salary dumped for a shot at Monta Ellis and Rondo, two players that I'd love to see added to what is already a clusterfuck of a situation. Vivek Ranadive everyone. And to think, the NBA could have sold this team to the Seattle Group and denied us this shitshow.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole free agency for lakers is just mind boggling. Initially before free agency started it was rumored Kobe was more into getting deandre Jordan over Aldridge. Yet he doesn't show up for the pitch to deandre

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been following free agency all day while on vacation and it's been nuts man. Won't be able to sleep tonight knowing we might sign LaMarcus tomorrow. Trying really hard to not get my hopes up, but from what I've heard from local media the meeting went VERY well.

Chandler-Aldridge-Bledsoe-Knight-Len-Warren-Booker as our core locked in for the next 4-5 years would be fun.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowder hauls in 35 mil. Nice.

This is going to be quite the FA season for the Marquette alums.

Any other schools with 4 guys getting big contracts?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That deal actually makes sense for the Sixers. They get picks, usable NBA players (a rarity in Philly of late), and the awesomeness that is Sauce Castillo all for basically nothing.

It's the Kings that are a bigger mess. They salary dumped for a shot at Monta Ellis and Rondo, two players that I'd love to see added to what is already a clusterfuck of a situation. Vivek Ranadive everyone. And to think, the NBA could have sold this team to the Seattle Group and denied us this shitshow.

For the 76ers plan to just keep adding draft picks and assets, it's a good deal. The Kings have 3 years of Boogie left and despite what Karl might want, the team wants him to stay and be happy enough to keep him past those years. That's why they're trying to get players who can get them winning sooner rather than later(the first rd pick they gave up tonight won't be helping them anytime soon). I highly doubt they'd go for Rondo and Ellis, I think they will go for a shooter(possibly Wes) and then either add Rondo or divide that money between a cheaper PG and a backup big. Whether it works out remains to be seen and just going through recent Kings history the odds of it blowing up in their face remain high, but they can't rely on keeping draft picks and bad contracts stopping them from making FA moves or they might as well trade Cousins now. I'd rather them take the risk than know Cousins is a goner.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole free agency for lakers is just mind boggling. Initially before free agency started it was rumored Kobe was more into getting deandre Jordan over Aldridge. Yet he doesn't show up for the pitch to deandre
Well, you have one more year of Kobe. I honestly feel he's going to be retiring at the right time. Get one more year at the lottery, then cash in on 2016. At that point, I could see Mitch taking the helm as far as recruiting goes. Honestly, I feel Kobe's sabotaging you guys in recruiting; how in the hell do you fuck up recruiting to Los Angeles?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you think the other 29 owners feel about Gilbert?
Hopefully they all make dealing with him a last resort.
Can't wait to hear his speech during the next lock out.

Actually, they probably feel pretty good about him right now... his luxury tax payment goes straight to their pockets:-)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you have one more year of Kobe. I honestly feel he's going to be retiring at the right time. Get one more year at the lottery, then cash in on 2016. At that point, I could see Mitch taking the helm as far as recruiting goes. Honestly, I feel Kobe's sabotaging you guys in recruiting; how in the hell do you fuck up recruiting to Los Angeles?

that's the truth. ah well, looking forward to another down year in L.A. lol...

hoping it'll be at least entertaining...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at each contract in a vacuum... some of the Cavs signings look like bad value... especially the TT contract.

But given the context of
1) The Cavs available options
2) The upcoming TV deal
3) The market value being set by other deals this week

The Cavs are doing the exact right thing, IMO.

Also, Don't know why people are hung up on TT being a starter or a bench player... he's going to get significant minutes no matter what... and Mozgov will be an UFA next season. Who knows what will happen then... but with TT locked in long-term there is a solid chance he will spend the majority of that contract as a starter.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Offensive 4-Man Lineups in the league last year :

jvHWikR.png

Cavs "Big 4" were 2nd best in the league offensively... and contrary to popular opinion.... they also did pretty good on D.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Offensive 4-Man Lineups in the league last year :

jvHWikR.png

Cavs "Big 4" were 2nd best in the league offensively... and contrary to popular opinion.... they also did pretty good on D.

I am telling you- lets hope Wes Mathews wants to go to Toronto. I would LOVE to get Terrance Ross to be the backup wing. HE can shoot the 3, he is EXTREMELY athletic. He can come off the bench and score 20 points on a night he is feeling it. Honestly- he would be freaking PERFECT......salary dump Greivis VAzquez and Terrance Ross- those contracts add up very close to Haywood.

Lets Toronto sign one more big time free agent- gives the Cavs the EXACT thing they needed- a good backup PG, and a good backup wing.

-like i said- if Houston wants to clear room because Aldridge or whoever wants to go there- I am sure the Cavs would take Ariza off their hands for Haywood----- we shall see how it all goes down. Those are my 2 favorite scenarios for the HAywood pick though- Toronto and Houston----- all though if Phoenix needed to dump salary im sure there are a few guys we could pick up from them as well.

The Cavs should hold off a day or two until teams get desperate- and a team has a commitment from a major free agent but just needs the cap room- thats when they can really leverage a good deal. Heck- say the Lakers need to shed Swaggy P and someone else....if it meant them getting DeAndre Jordan or someone like that wouldnt they give u p something good to clear the salary?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still in awe of Vlade, who traded the EIGHTH pick in LAST YEAR'S draft for a chicken fingers/fries combo and a team store gift certificate

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they probably feel pretty good about him right now... his luxury tax payment goes straight to their pockets:-)

Totally disagree.
They don't need the whatever amount it is.
They strive for structure.
They strive for balance.
They strive for unity.

Gilbert has now shown his true colors multiple times.
Hes shown he really doesn't care about any system like the others, he just wants to do what he
THINKS will benefit HIM.

I think Karma II is well under way.