• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial 2015 NBA Draft/Free Agency Thread

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man everything can't be Kobe's fault. I said yesterday morning(before any report came out), that I'd be SHOCKED if Aldridge chose the Lakers. You go into free agency hoping for the best...but you are not beating out the Spurs of all teams to sign a top free agent. We simply don't have the team to compete(or in last year's case the money to compete). Laker fans(myself included), are just going to have to be patient. We have a core of Russell, Randle, and clarkson. Their going to need a couple years or so before they gel, but I see that combo working out well. We may or may not still add a piece this year, and we'll be able to offer 3 or so max contracts in future years

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am telling you- lets hope Wes Mathews wants to go to Toronto. I would LOVE to get Terrance Ross to be the backup wing. HE can shoot the 3, he is EXTREMELY athletic. He can come off the bench and score 20 points on a night he is feeling it. Honestly- he would be freaking PERFECT......salary dump Greivis VAzquez and Terrance Ross- those contracts add up very close to Haywood.

Lets Toronto sign one more big time free agent- gives the Cavs the EXACT thing they needed- a good backup PG, and a good backup wing.

-like i said- if Houston wants to clear room because Aldridge or whoever wants to go there- I am sure the Cavs would take Ariza off their hands for Haywood----- we shall see how it all goes down. Those are my 2 favorite scenarios for the HAywood pick though- Toronto and Houston----- all though if Phoenix needed to dump salary im sure there are a few guys we could pick up from them as well.

The Cavs should hold off a day or two until teams get desperate- and a team has a commitment from a major free agent but just needs the cap room- thats when they can really leverage a good deal. Heck- say the Lakers need to shed Swaggy P and someone else....if it meant them getting DeAndre Jordan or someone like that wouldnt they give u p something good to clear the salary?

If we can sign JR and Delly and can get a good wing guy like Ross. The depth would be incredible. We can add a MLE guy no problem, just depending on how good they are. Delly is still a good backup, he just cant play 30-35 mins like he was playing late in the season.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you have one more year of Kobe. I honestly feel he's going to be retiring at the right time. Get one more year at the lottery, then cash in on 2016. At that point, I could see Mitch taking the helm as far as recruiting goes. Honestly, I feel Kobe's sabotaging you guys in recruiting; how in the hell do you fuck up recruiting to Los Angeles?

Kobe is Kobe. He is not going to suck up to this new , soft generation. He is straight forward! Players know this and it's not like these players don't know that so lets not act like Kobe is the reason. The Lakers ROSTER is what more than likely turned Alridge off. He's 30, so why will he want to be part of a rebuild? He want to go to a roster that can contend for a championship sooner than later.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man everything can't be Kobe's fault. I said yesterday morning(before any report came out), that I'd be SHOCKED if Aldridge chose the Lakers. You go into free agency hoping for the best...but you are not beating out the Spurs of all teams to sign a top free agent. We simply don't have the team to compete(or in last year's case the money to compete). Laker fans(myself included), are just going to have to be patient. We have a core of Russell, Randle, and clarkson. Their going to need a couple years or so before they gel, but I see that combo working out well. We may or may not still add a piece this year, and we'll be able to offer 3 or so max contracts in future years

Exactly! People are being lazy and simple minded to just say it's Kobe's fault.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are putting way too much stock into the reports on the Lakers presentation.

I imagine most players have pretty strong pre-conceived ideas/feelings/notions going into these free agent meetings. A lot more depends on that than depends on the team's presentation, IMO.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Raptors are very interested in Wes Matthews that means they will want to get rid of some cap. Ross or DeRozen is very possible. I would be way above expectations for the Haywood deal.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might sound crazy, but I'd rather have Ross than DeRozan... much better shooter... and better fit around Cavs pieces.

Either would be an awesome surprise, though. DeRozan would fit in nicely as a playmaker for the 2nd unit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lakers fucked up another meeting it seems? This time with Jordan

Not according to what's being reported this morning.

With Aldridge, the Lakers are in a different place than Aldridge wants to be. He's 30 years old and wants to contend right away. The Lakers are re-building. They have some young guys to be excited about, but it remains to be seen if they will live up to expectations. With the Spurs, and maybe the Suns, he's a contender right now. With the Lakers, he might be 32 or 33 before he can be a contender. Longer if a couple of the young guys don't pan out. Basically, the Lakers didn't have a plan for him to contend right away and that's what he's looking for.

Mannix reported on Dan Patrick that someone close to Jordan said the Lakers presentation was impressive and professional and that Jordan hasn't ruled them out. He's rumored to be leaning towards the Mavs though because he's from the area.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might sound crazy, but I'd rather have Ross than DeRozan... much better shooter... and better fit around Cavs pieces.

Either would be an awesome surprise, though. DeRozan would fit in nicely as a playmaker for the 2nd unit.
Oh yah- Id much rather have Ross than DeRozan. Ross needs the ball less- would be a monster in transition- can play SG or SF, is a very solid athletic defender- and shot the 3 at 37%.

Memphis just used their MLE - so I doubt they get Mo- Mo Williams might have to take our tax-payer mid level of like 3.5M a year.

Again- my ideal situation- trading for Ross with the HAywood deal- and signing Mo to the MLE and then resigning Delly to be depth.

Lets see how it goes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to what's being reported this morning.

With Aldridge, the Lakers are in a different place than Aldridge wants to be. He's 30 years old and wants to contend right away. The Lakers are re-building. They have some young guys to be excited about, but it remains to be seen if they will live up to expectations. With the Spurs, he's a contender right now. With the Lakers, he might be 32 or 33 before he can be a contender. Longer if a couple of the young guys don't pan out. Basically, the Lakers didn't have a plan for him to contend right away and that's what he's looking for.

Mannix reported on Dan Patrick that someone close to Jordan said the Lakers presentation was impressive and professional and that Jordan hasn't ruled them out. He's rumored to be leaning towards the Mavs though because he's from the area.
Lakers just need to lay the ground work.

Its a little tricky for them though since they owe that pick to the Sixers unless they are like what? top 4 or something?

There is no incentive to be bad next year because unless they are REALLY REALLY bad- they dont get their pick. I think that is what is leaving the Lakers in a little bit of a limbo in between trying to contend and continuing the rebuild. I mean- i wouldnt blame them if they signed no one of major consequence and let the young guys develop if it meant another top 10 pick---- but with that pick being owed to the Sixers it complicates things a little.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda getting ahead of myself but imagine this backup lineup, basically a starting lineup:

Mo
JR
DeRozen/Ross
TT
Varajeo

I think DeRozen would actually start at SG if they picked him up though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have also heard Caron Butler's name come up

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Randle's injury last year was likely a blessing and a curse. It was a blessing because if he's really as good as we think, he may have cost the Lakers a spot in the lottery.

Also a curse because the Lakers can't really go into to meetings and talk about how good he is and attract FA's to play alongside him for the next several years.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Randle's injury last year was likely a blessing and a curse. It was a blessing because if he's really as good as we think, he may have cost the Lakers a spot in the lottery.

Also a curse because the Lakers can't really go into to meetings and talk about how good he is and attract FA's to play alongside him for the next several years.

I agree. He's one of the story lines I'm looking forward to the most as I thought he was arguably the best pick in last year's draft.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers just need to lay the ground work.

Its a little tricky for them though since they owe that pick to the Sixers unless they are like what? top 4 or something?

There is no incentive to be bad next year because unless they are REALLY REALLY bad- they dont get their pick. I think that is what is leaving the Lakers in a little bit of a limbo in between trying to contend and continuing the rebuild. I mean- i wouldnt blame them if they signed no one of major consequence and let the young guys develop if it meant another top 10 pick---- but with that pick being owed to the Sixers it complicates things a little.

I agree. The plan has been to re-build with young guys and that's what they're doing. While I would have liked to see them get LA, they're not in position to provide what he's looking for. A younger FA like Jordan or Monroe is more realistic because they are young enough to develop along with the rest of the youngsters.

Agree about trying to be in next years lottery too. It's top 3 protected and barring a rash of significant injuries and/or the young guys being complete busts, it's unlikely they will be bad enough to be in the bottom 3. Heck, they have had arguably the worst rosters in Lakers history over the past 2 seasons, been decimated with injuries and still didn't have bottom 3 records.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda getting ahead of myself but imagine this backup lineup, basically a starting lineup:

Mo
JR
DeRozen/Ross
TT
Varajeo

I think DeRozen would actually start at SG if they picked him up though.

I don't see any way that's even possible, but if they pulled that off they would be near impossible to beat if they stayed healthy.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Offensive 4-Man Lineups in the league last year :

jvHWikR.png

Cavs "Big 4" were 2nd best in the league offensively... and contrary to popular opinion.... they also did pretty good on D.
Sounds like they are pretty firmly 2nd place overall as a big 4.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any way that's even possible, but if they pulled that off they would be near impossible to beat if they stayed healthy.

Unlikely, but DeRozen is 9.5 mil. Ross is 3.5 mil. Just think they are too good of pieces to give away like that. Cavs would have to throw in draft picks and Sasha Kaun most likely.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the Big FAs for next year? I know Riley has been all about saving cap space to go after Durant and Anthony Davis. Davis has already resigned and i see no way on earth does Durant sign in Miami. No way does he want to follow Lebrons footsteps. He either is staying put or going to Washington. So who else does that leave as big FAs that Riley is so intent on having tons of $$ for?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely, but DeRozen is 9.5 mil. Ross is 3.5 mil. Just think they are too good of pieces to give away like that. Cavs would have to throw in draft picks and Sasha Kaun most likely.

VERY unlikely.
Why would Toronto even consider giving up players like that?
They struggle to get good players to sign there.
No reason to give away the ones they have.