• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toby Gerhart

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to KFFL, the 49ers could be landing spot for Gerhart in free agency. But why? Gore, although 31 is still good, then we have Hunter, James (although mostly special teamer), and Lattimore. Even with Anthony Dixon leaving, this is a very crowded backfield...Unless of course the Niners trade James. Yet still, Gore, Hunter, and Lattimore is still crowded.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could see him a potential backup at FB and special teams player.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to KFFL, the 49ers could be landing spot for Gerhart in free agency. But why? Gore, although 31 is still good, then we have Hunter, James (although mostly special teamer), and Lattimore. Even with Anthony Dixon leaving, this is a very crowded backfield...Unless of course the Niners trade James. Yet still, Gore, Hunter, and Lattimore is still crowded.

Gore is pretty much done as a feature back, James is garbage and Latimore is far from a sure thing with those injuries of his. I wouldn't mind having a versatile guy like Gerhart on the team

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gerhart is probably a slight upgrade over Dixon, and Gerhart could also is a better FB if we need one.
He's a Harbaugh guy too.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Meet the free agents: RB Toby Gerhart - Minnesota Vikings Blog - ESPN

I'd take him for the min which is $730k to replace Dixon and keep Hampton off the roster.

Yeah, if Dixon leaves he's worth considering. Gore is getting old; he really ran out of steam down the stretch, though I also think he got banged up (in addition to the broken finger) in the championship game. He didn't look right for most of it. Lattimore has a ton of promise, but he's a huge question mark. Gerhart isn't the answer as a feature back, but he can tote the rock for a bit if we need him to. That said, I doubt he signs for the minimum.