• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Play GM

Do you tear it down or keep going free agent vet route?

• Strip it down and keep my core younger players

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Nope give me a couple more vets and we are good!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Potato Salad with Bacon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade Wentz to piss people off

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its reasonable to think at this point that the Eagles just got lucky with the Super Bowl win. Remember that prior to that, Howie had a less than stellar record and Pederson was a big reach as a head coach. Looking back, it seems that somehow the combo of Difilippo, Reich and Pederson somehow clicked and worked well. But once Reich and Difilippo left, this offense has been crap. And its not just the injuries and personnel. In the Super Bowl year they compensated for that with the offensive scheme, but this time around, the offensive design just looks boring. The plays don't seem to have much in the way of misdirection and alternatives that you see with the better offenses.

Pederson's strength seems to be as a leader and team player. I like the way we relates to the players and his willingness to integrate the analytics people into the tactical decisionmaking process. But I think we have learned that he is not an innovative offensive designer. Those can be hard to find, so it may take firing Doug to get that right guy. Not sure you can entice that guy to come here to be the Offensive Coordinator?

I am not a huge Schwartz fan, but I also think we does fairly well overall. If you fire him, it would be just as easy to end up with a worse option rather than an upgrade.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its reasonable to think at this point that the Eagles just got lucky with the Super Bowl win. Remember that prior to that, Howie had a less than stellar record and Pederson was a big reach as a head coach. Looking back, it seems that somehow the combo of Difilippo, Reich and Pederson somehow clicked and worked well. But once Reich and Difilippo left, this offense has been crap. And its not just the injuries and personnel. In the Super Bowl year they compensated for that with the offensive scheme, but this time around, the offensive design just looks boring. The plays don't seem to have much in the way of misdirection and alternatives that you see with the better offenses.

Pederson's strength seems to be as a leader and team player. I like the way we relates to the players and his willingness to integrate the analytics people into the tactical decisionmaking process. But I think we have learned that he is not an innovative offensive designer. Those can be hard to find, so it may take firing Doug to get that right guy. Not sure you can entice that guy to come here to be the Offensive Coordinator?

I am not a huge Schwartz fan, but I also think we does fairly well overall. If you fire him, it would be just as easy to end up with a worse option rather than an upgrade.

Agreed with all of this.

Offensive guy that can work well with Doug will be interesting. Anyone who takes the job will have an aim to move up elsewhere as soon as they can. No longevity in that. Damnit....I do like Doug’s strengths as HC. But it’s going to be a challenge to keep the right help there.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the big question mark for me is who is the personnel person now that Joe is gone?

Do we even know? Was this person promoted from within
?

Let's just hope that Howie sent the entire scouting department out and has been covering as much college ground to come up with a big board that will upgrade the wide receiver group, the defensive back group, and has a serious list of linebackers that can come in and play right away if they move on for the Swartz!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We loved what Howie did 2 years ago, but his drafts have been horrendous. He needs to let a VP of personnel do the drafting, and stick to the cap and signings! The teams to emulate are: Ravens, Steelers, Packers, and is recent years the 49ers. I realize that the Niners had the benefit of drafting at the top of the draft, but the other teams find good players that are solid picks. What else should we expect from an accountant/lawyer?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to blame Doug for handing the offense over to Groh.
He's not Frank Reich.
At this point, maybe let Duce take the reins as I'm sure we would see a bit more of the run game.

This is all playing out like the sequel to Sleepless in Seattle.
Reichless in Philadelphia.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha..thats a really good point.

I was actually sitting around last night getting more and more pissed we didn't make what move we needed to get Minkah.....God he is good!

To think I was silly enough to want Jalen Ramsey, when I knew they could use and upgrade at FS. fortunately Sean Davis got hurt, paving the way for Fitzpatrick....he's made the SS play better, far fewer mishaps on the backend of the DEF with Fitz patrolling now.

Ramsey is a great player, but was he THAT much better than Marcus Peters? Didn't quite understand that trade...it certainly looks like crap now.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the trade didn't work well for the Rams. Glad we didn't do that deal. You guys got THE player I really wanted, and all it cost was one late first round pick. Now you guys will be in the playoffs. More than I can say about us.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the trade didn't work well for the Rams. Glad we didn't do that deal. You guys got THE player I really wanted, and all it cost was one late first round pick. Now you guys will be in the playoffs. More than I can say about us.

Yeah. We swing that deal and we are at least 6-6 right now. No way Davante Parker goes off like that with great safety help over the top.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. We swing that deal and we are at least 6-6 right now. No way Davante Parker goes off like that with great safety help over the top.

In all fairness the DC needs to make the call to actually provide safety help

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To think I was silly enough to want Jalen Ramsey, when I knew they could use and upgrade at FS. fortunately Sean Davis got hurt, paving the way for Fitzpatrick....he's made the SS play better, far fewer mishaps on the backend of the DEF with Fitz patrolling now.

Ramsey is a great player, but was he THAT much better than Marcus Peters? Didn't quite understand that trade...it certainly looks like crap now.

Have you seen some of the plays of Ramsey as a Ram....just dogging it out there.

That was my big concern with him. Extremely talented, but what’s it worth if you’re just going to dog it at times?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen some of the plays of Ramsey as a Ram....just dogging it out there.

That was my big concern with him. Extremely talented, but what’s it worth if you’re just going to dog it at times?

I've seen him in a few games as a Ram, vs ATL, his 1st game iirc, he played well...vs PIT he was mostly a non-factor.

Great at what he does well, but he's got some limitations...DCs don't want to trot out the same DEF for 60 snaps or whatever...he's a man CB and the one knock (on the field) on him in JAX was he didn't really work that hard @ zone coverage and they didn't play a lot of it as a result.

I'm very content with Fitz....fit the need better, 2 more yrs on the rookie deal...we'll see, but so far he's been a good locker room guy, good chance he extends in PIT...hopefully.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen him in a few games as a Ram, vs ATL, his 1st game iirc, he played well...vs PIT he was mostly a non-factor.

Great at what he does well, but he's got some limitations...DCs don't want to trot out the same DEF for 60 snaps or whatever...he's a man CB and the one knock (on the field) on him in JAX was he didn't really work that hard @ zone coverage and they didn't play a lot of it as a result.

I'm very content with Fitz....fit the need better, 2 more yrs on the rookie deal...we'll see, but so far he's been a good locker room guy, good chance he extends in PIT...hopefully.

I really like Fitz and have since Bama days. The like only grew when he came into the league and showed not to be a fluke. Then he was taken out of that abomination in Miami where he was asked to rotate just about all positions and look at the impact. Amazing.

Ramsey is by far the best man CB out there today. But, that’s about it. The rest he won’t commit to working on. And he doesn’t get in some plays. Of course I can’t find the clip I saw the other day where he ran parallel and out of the play while a RB went for 10-20 more yards. He’s just got flaws in attitude.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Fitz and have since Bama days. The like only grew when he came into the league and showed not to be a fluke. Then he was taken out of that abomination in Miami where he was asked to rotate just about all positions and look at the impact. Amazing.

Ramsey is by far the best man CB out there today. But, that’s about it. The rest he won’t commit to working on. And he doesn’t get in some plays. Of course I can’t find the clip I saw the other day where he ran parallel and out of the play while a RB went for 10-20 more yards. He’s just got flaws in attitude.

Yep...That's great if you have another CB opposite him that can also handle man to man duties...the cap dynamic is changing a little, but most teams still only have one high priced CB so you're hoping to get someone on a rookie contract to pair with the high priced CB to balance it out.

If you only have one great CB, the better OCs will simply throw away from him most of the game and attack your weaker CBs. Or they will him thru picks all game. I'll take 3 avg. CBs over 1 stud and two duds any day.