• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Play GM

Do you tear it down or keep going free agent vet route?

• Strip it down and keep my core younger players

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Nope give me a couple more vets and we are good!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Potato Salad with Bacon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade Wentz to piss people off

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned before that I would love Gruden as an OC and Quinn as our DC if he's fired from the Falcons. On another note, I'm concerned about who makes the call or final call on who we draft? Howie is not a great evaluator with drafting, which is why I hated losing Douglas.

Unfortunately I don’t see Quinn getting the boot at this point. I really wish we grabbed Bowles last year. Tampa’s D is not good at all....but he has been getting them tighter and tighter all year.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie it appears makes the final call but normally does what Schwartz wants if all the reports are accurate.
Ugh! I really hope deep down, lurid will do the right thing as soon as the season ends. What exactly does that mean? I would hope a change in both the offense and defense for starts. I hope Doug can bring in a QB guru to help the development for Wentz.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay seriously I have had the worst 24 hours of football life a man could possibly have!

Eagles get beat, then CP steps down as the head coach of my Huskies! :gaah:

I might just start rooting for golf, my heart can't take this crap anymore!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay seriously I have had the worst 24 hours of football life a man could possibly have!

We won a SB less than two years ago. That thing we were certain we would never see happen.

I’m sure UW will be fine. If you’ve learned anything from your pro team it’s that promoting from within always works out.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won a SB less than two years ago. That thing we were certain we would never see happen.

I’m sure UW will be fine. If you’ve learned anything from your pro team it’s that promoting from within always works out.

yeah but after that great SB win I walked around waiting for that heart attack to hit me! Lol

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as more info comes available we can see how bad this coaching staff really is.

Eagles have actually been the worst team in the NFL out of 12 personnel

This falls solely on the offensive coordinator because it is his job to come up with the game plan each week. While Doug does have a lot of say he relies on his staff to do their job and come up with the right game plan. He we see that we are force feeding a scheme that does not work.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug will get it fixed, he has no other choice. My concern is Lurie getting involved and making him keeping Swartz!
I think the whole scheme on defense needs to be changed, this team is semi built for a stout 4-3.
Now go get the LB's needed and blow up the DB room!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug will get it fixed, he has no other choice. My concern is Lurie getting involved and making him keeping Swartz!
I think the whole scheme on defense needs to be changed, this team is semi built for a stout 4-3.
Now go get the LB's needed and blow up the DB room!

Here is the main reason I don't blame Doug. I don't think he chose his coaching staff. Initially he was not even the coach Lurie wanted to hire as the head coach. I believe Ben Mcadoo was the coach Lurie wanted and when that happened he settled for Lurie. Lurie did not have the coaching capital coming in to demand his own coaching staff and I believe it was filled for him.

This falls on Howie. I don't think Lurie involves himself unless he absolutely has to such as the Chip Kelly Fiasco. Those are two instances where I know he was really hands on. One was when he gave Kelly power and the second when he took it away. I think Howie made the calls on the staff and I think Lurie will jump in and tell him to get quality coaches and there will not be much promoting from within this time around.

Schwartz is done of the defense does not dominate from here on out.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CP to USC!!!:behindsofa:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a problem with the Eagles Offense that hasn't been brought up is that teams have caught on to Carson's and our Offensive tendencies. Good coaches are contently changing things up to throw off opposing Defenses ... but too often you hear players on other team's defenses say that they knew what plays were coming with the Eagles. Which I know is true because quite often I can call what what plays they are going to run and I'm just an observer.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, and that all points to Reich, and DeFilippo leaving, thus leaving Doug to keep calling the plays, but he has no one to scheme creative plays. that's what happened in 2017, and when Carson went down, Foles struggled at first, before Reich and Doug changes the style to what worked for Nick, instead of Carson. We saw a little bit of that on Sunday, when they had Carson rolling out sometimes, instead of being a pocket passer. We need a sharp play designer to work with Doug.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it does a lot to have the right guys around the head coach. I think offense needs that "old school" vibe instead of these young and up comers looking to climb the coaching ladder.

I've said it before Wentz needs that older QB coach to rip him down and build him back up, ( its not like he's veteran or has that vet backing him to teach him the ins and outs)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it does a lot to have the right guys around the head coach. I think offense needs that "old school" vibe instead of these young and up comers looking to climb the coaching ladder.

I've said it before Wentz needs that older QB coach to rip him down and build him back up, ( its not like he's veteran or has that vet backing him to teach him the ins and outs)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carolina just fired Ron Rivera! I would love to hire him as our DC! I'm tired of the bend/break defense of Schwartz's.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina just fired Ron Rivera! I would love to hire him as our DC! I'm tired of the bend/break defense of Schwartz's.

I think with Ron he's been a head coach for so long I don't think he would jump at being an assistant ...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Pederson is a good coach and I think that sentiment is the same with the front office. Given the success of a Superbowl it is possible Howie and Lurie thought Pederson could compensate for his staff deficiencies and that was a mistake.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have never drafted him. I called him the Glassman when he was drafted. Just more bad picks by Howie. Lurie needs to pull up his big boy pants and do something.

I guess the big question mark for me is who is the personnel person now that Joe is gone?

Do we even know? Was this person promoted from within?

I think two things Lurie will need to do is to make it clear the coaching needs to be changed and they need to be ready to go out of house for replacements.

And second (and most important) Lurie needs to go out of house and bring in a good personnel person. Like ASAP and as soon as the season is done.