• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Play GM

Do you tear it down or keep going free agent vet route?

• Strip it down and keep my core younger players

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Nope give me a couple more vets and we are good!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Potato Salad with Bacon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade Wentz to piss people off

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so here this team sits at 3-4 and not really setting the world on fire.
You're the GM, do you try and keep going the free agent route in the off season to find better veterans to fill the poor play on offense and defense.

Or

Do you say screw it, strip it all down and keep your core signed young players and rebuild via the draft while you have these younger dudes under contract.

And trading Wentz is not an option!

Vote and tell us why, be honest about it. We have about 30 want to be GM's in here daily so lets put it on one thread!

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Agholor to the Colts, trade for Robby Anderson. Maybe make a move for a young DT or DE still on a rookie deal, move Vatia to the Browns if they can not pry a tackle from another team, and move any high $$ veterans you can for draft picks.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have put an option about the coaching staff - Offense and Defense.

If I was the GM this is what I would do.

1. I would fire Mike Groh and Jim Schwartz. Groh is out of his depth and never should have gotten the job. Jim Schwartz defense has been figured out and he is unable to adjust.

2. Alshon Jeffries and Nelson Algholor are jettisoned as fast as possible off this team.

3. Force Jason Peters to retire. Great LT but his best days are behind him.

4. Make the secondary the priority in both free agency and the draft.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have put an option about the coaching staff - Offense and Defense.

If I was the GM this is what I would do.

1. I would fire Mike Groh and Jim Schwartz. Groh is out of his depth and never should have gotten the job. Jim Schwartz defense has been figured out and he is unable to adjust.

2. Alshon Jeffries and Nelson Algholor are jettisoned as fast as possible off this team.

3. Force Jason Peters to retire. Great LT but his best days are behind him.

4. Make the secondary the priority in both free agency and the draft.

Thought about it, but that's perfect how you listed it in your break out of moves!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and for those that want to say trade Wentz. I will save you the trouble.

1. He is an elite talent. That does not mean he is playing elite right now and there are no available QB's better than him.
2. Trading him now is a $72 mil cap hit. Trading him in the offseason is $62 mil cap hit.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stripping it down after seeing the latest.

You keep :
Wentz
Howard, Sanders
Both TE's
Dillard, Johnson, Brooks, and Kelsey
Graham, Cox, Barnett
and the damn kicker

Everyone else see you down the road!

Granted you can't just cut everyone but you can open the phone lines and take picks for the trades, build up the draft stock for the next two years and slowly remove the old and go with the new.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a point where you have to look at the youth that you do have and realize the plugging in vets struck lighting once, but it’s a somewhat low odds proposition.

you are asking this young core to continually be in this boom or bust mode. And that’s not fair. To take a half step back for two years and retool could be the smartest move.

For that reason I’m fine with changing the personnel direction. I don’t see any reason to spend the future on any kind of assured rentals this year. Only make a move if you’ve got a good feel for keeping the guy on. Otherwise just ride this out.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a point where you have to look at the youth that you do have and realize the plugging in vets struck lighting once, but it’s a somewhat low odds proposition.

you are asking this young core to continually be in this boom or bust mode. And that’s not fair. To take a half step back for two years and retool could be the smartest move.

For that reason I’m fine with changing the personnel direction. I don’t see any reason to spend the future on any kind of assured rentals this year. Only make a move if you’ve got a good feel for keeping the guy on. Otherwise just ride this out.

player for player trades only to move some veterans that might help somebody else over the hump and bring in some youth and/or draft picks.

Aren't we supposed to get Jernigan back soon?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
player for player trades only to move some veterans that might help somebody else over the hump and bring in some youth and/or draft picks.

Aren't we supposed to get Jernigan back soon?

Supposedly soon....Also on my bitch list with this team is they just keep bringing in new training staffs that are at least as bad(or worse) than the last training staff.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want to find out the root of the problem with the team. I don't think adding or subtracting players is the answer right now. With a new CBA coming in 2020 there are lot of unknown variables right now.

Step 1: Meeting with Doug and his coordinators.
Step 2: Depends on the outcome of that meeting.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles secondary may be the worst in the NFL.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want to find out the root of the problem with the team. I don't think adding or subtracting players is the answer right now. With a new CBA coming in 2020 there are lot of unknown variables right now.

Step 1: Meeting with Doug and his coordinators.
Step 2: Depends on the outcome of that meeting.

You know....we know nothing. But there is a lot of smoke around Jenkins. I remember he pushed for a new deal last summer and the team balked. Is he disgruntled and just half assing it this year?

They can save $4M in cutting him on his last contract year after this season. But....replace him with what?

I don’t know if he is just pissed and ready to be out.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins probably have a better secondary...

Guaranteed. I saw worst fantasy defense against the pass earlier today and we are firmly and completely in last place.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know....we know nothing. But there is a lot of smoke around Jenkins. I remember he pushed for a new deal last summer and the team balked. Is he disgruntled and just half assing it this year?

They can save $4M in cutting him on his last contract year after this season. But....replace him with what?

I don’t know if he is just pissed and ready to be out.

If Jenkins has been disgruntled I haven't heard anything. He sat out all the voluntary camps but reported for the mandatory camps. I am sure he is upset over his deal. This is his job so he should be. He seems like a pro but I am not in Philly so I don't see him in the news daily.

The reason I start with the coaching staff is because this team seems to lack an identity. Something just seems off and that starts with the coaches. We will see what kind of heart this team has over the next two games.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha..thats a really good point.

I was actually sitting around last night getting more and more pissed we didn't make what move we needed to get Minkah.....God he is good!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jenkins has been disgruntled I haven't heard anything. He sat out all the voluntary camps but reported for the mandatory camps. I am sure he is upset over his deal. This is his job so he should be. He seems like a pro but I am not in Philly so I don't see him in the news daily.

The reason I start with the coaching staff is because this team seems to lack an identity. Something just seems off and that starts with the coaches. We will see what kind of heart this team has over the next two games.

Of course....as soon as I call out that dude may have an issue it gets better there. He is certainly a pro, so I don't think he is half assing it. I just wonder if the performance is starting to slide with this year. Which would just piss him off all the more as the offer next offseason will surely be smaller.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were planning on sitting on the drafts stock and not making any moves.
They still need to address the LB's and the secondary along with maybe rebuilding the wide receivers room as well.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would start by firing the OC and WR coach. How the hell are we not playing JJ Arcega-Whiteside yet playing Mack Hollins whom I'm tied with for catches in the past 5 games COMBINED! JJ was the talk of Camp and then produced all of preseason, yet he can't sniff PT despite Hollins doing absolutely nothing?!?!? and neither the OC nor WR coach can draw up anything to help get anyone going other than Alshon Jeffery who isn't even 100%??? I see no imagination in the play calling with respect to the passing game ... no adjustments.