• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Play GM

Do you tear it down or keep going free agent vet route?

• Strip it down and keep my core younger players

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Nope give me a couple more vets and we are good!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Potato Salad with Bacon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade Wentz to piss people off

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Wentz wasn't great, but credit Ertz for 4 drops! Doug refused to run the ball in the 2nd half. When you have a 14 point lead in the 2nd half, and you don't run the ball is inexcusable. Gosh, golly gee, Doug, you need an OC who lets you know they have to run the ball and manage the clock. Instead, they played right into Fitz' hand. We couldn't handle Parker, and Gesicki Pathetic.

Remember, Doug didn't hire Schwartz - Howie and Jeffrey did. They also kept Undlin. That doesn't take Doug off the hook. I hope that a lot of heads will roll after season's end.

As long as Wentz has this receiving corp he will not be great. I am not sure what people expect from him but there isn't a QB in the NFL right now (and probably in the past) that could throw these receivers open.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have put an option about the coaching staff - Offense and Defense.

If I was the GM this is what I would do.

1. I would fire Mike Groh and Jim Schwartz. Groh is out of his depth and never should have gotten the job. Jim Schwartz defense has been figured out and he is unable to adjust.

2. Alshon Jeffries and Nelson Algholor are jettisoned as fast as possible off this team.

3. Force Jason Peters to retire. Great LT but his best days are behind him.

4. Make the secondary the priority in both free agency and the draft.

Everything I said still stands.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Wentz has this receiving corp he will not be great. I am not sure what people expect from him but there isn't a QB in the NFL right now (and probably in the past) that could throw these receivers open.

I will agree with the B- grade. He was let down badly by his most dependable receiver in this one. That said...he has an A if he makes a few throws I remember. Nothing major in the grand scheme.....but I did wonder after one or two of those throws if our QB was wearing #5. They were not simply "receiver was in wrong place"...though there seemed to be a few of those.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As GM I'd convince the owner to move the team to Toronto.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with the B- grade. He was let down badly by his most dependable receiver in this one. That said...he has an A if he makes a few throws I remember. Nothing major in the grand scheme.....but I did wonder after one or two of those throws if our QB was wearing #5. They were not simply "receiver was in wrong place"...though there seemed to be a few of those.

I can understand that. Here is why I put it on coaching and not Wentz. His problem is not ability but mechanics. There is no mistaking that Wentz has the ability. He proves it every week and the issues we are seeing is he is holding onto the ball too long and most of his misses are high. I lost count how many times it was pointed out that when he misses he is throwing off of his back foot. Then there is the issue with fumbling and how he is holding the ball. This is something new. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not but as the season goes on Wentz mechanics has gotten worse. This is all about the poor coaching staff. Think about it. In 2017 with the right staff Wentz was on target to be easily a top 3 QB. Two years with the same poor offensive staff and you can see where the issue is.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that. Here is why I put it on coaching and not Wentz. His problem is not ability but mechanics. There is no mistaking that Wentz has the ability. He proves it every week and the issues we are seeing is he is holding onto the ball too long and most of his misses are high. I lost count how many times it was pointed out that when he misses he is throwing off of his back foot. Then there is the issue with fumbling and how he is holding the ball. This is something new. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not but as the season goes on Wentz mechanics has gotten worse. This is all about the poor coaching staff. Think about it. In 2017 with the right staff Wentz was on target to be easily a top 3 QB. Two years with the same poor offensive staff and you can see where the issue is.
Bingo!
I would add that Wentz doesn’t seem to read defenses particularly well. Watch when he kills/changes a play. Many times it’s the wrong play. I do think he has some confidence issues but with BETTER coaching he should improve.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo!
I would add that Wentz doesn’t seem to read defenses particularly well. Watch when he kills/changes a play. Many times it’s the wrong play. I do think he has some confidence issues but with BETTER coaching he should improve.

He was killing teams in 2017 with his audibles. That is a clear evidence of coaching issues.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo!

He showed in 2017 that he can read them well and make the right calls most of the time. Something is off there. But it’s not ability to read. He’s shown that. It is maddening though when you can read what the defense might be doing and he runs the audible right into it.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He showed in 2017 that he can read them well and make the right calls most of the time. Something is off there. But it’s not ability to read. He’s shown that. It is maddening though when you can read what the defense might be doing and he runs the audible right into it.

He almost has no choice. Against the Eagles there is always 8 in the box because there is no need to worry about anyone on the outside beating them deep. It is the one thing that has killed his offense because there is no one to clear out anyone. We have a receiving corp that cannot beat single coverage and no one is playing zone against us because there is no need.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are reports that teams pretty much know what plays are coming. Another coaching issue. Clearly there is a pattern here and that pattern points directly to Pederson.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jacksonville releases Foles next year I would reach out and see if he wants to come back. Wentz is still my guy moving forward but I would find a way to make it work. :)

Schwartz and Groh can hit the bricks. I am still a fan of the 4-3 just not the Wide 9. I think we have good talent on this team they just need teaching coaches. All our players can't suck otherwise we wouldn't have won a Super Bowl two years ago. Time to say good-bye to some of our older players and bring in younger competition.

I have been telling everyone I know that something just seems off this year. For it to be going on this long makes me think it is about the coaching staff. It seems our coaching start is not putting our players in position to succeed. :D

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Groh - Offensive Coordinator - His coaching experience goes back almost 20 years and mostly was a WR coach. He was the Rams WR coach and passing game coordinator in 2016 before he joined the Eagles staff. Trying to figure the hire out now because in 2016 the Rams had the worst offense in the NFL. His best year statistically as a position coach was in 2013 when Alshon had 1400 yards and Brandon Marshall had 1300 yards but from there his players have not really excelled that includes the SB year where our leading receiver was Ertz and the our best wide receiver was Alshon with less than 800 yards. We already know what happened after he took over the offense. After looking all of this info up I am baffled he got promoted to he position to be honest.

Jim Schwartz: - Defensive Coordinator - I think he probably is the most overrated DC in the NFL and has been given too much power within the organization. If I am understanding it correctly he pretty much has final say on defensive personnel and I think he uses that to undermine Pederson some. I remember this article about Schwartz possibly trying to undercut Pederson and get the head coaching job. The Eagles have Doug Pederson’s back, even if Jim Schwartz doesn’t I do not know how much truth is to all of this but Schwartz never talks to the media so you have no real idea what is going on and he seems real rigid.

His coaching resume is not that impressive if we look between the lines. He has come under some great defensive coaches namely Bill Belicheck and Jeff Fischer. He was under Fischer for 10 years. I am not sure how much credit should be given to Schwartz for those defenses as a head coach his defenses were not good. As the Lions head coach the highest the defense would rank in his tenure was 16th. He did have a good defense in 2014 with the Bills as the DC But that is skewed because they has a last place schedule after finishing 6-10 the previous season. In an earlier thread this year I broke down that season and most of the Bills games that season were against teams with losing records.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Groh - Offensive Coordinator - His coaching experience goes back almost 20 years and mostly was a WR coach. He was the Rams WR coach and passing game coordinator in 2016 before he joined the Eagles staff. Trying to figure the hire out now because in 2016 the Rams had the worst offense in the NFL. His best year statistically as a position coach was in 2013 when Alshon had 1400 yards and Brandon Marshall had 1300 yards but from there his players have not really excelled that includes the SB year where our leading receiver was Ertz and the our best wide receiver was Alshon with less than 800 yards. We already know what happened after he took over the offense. After looking all of this info up I am baffled he got promoted to he position to be honest.

Jim Schwartz: - Defensive Coordinator - I think he probably is the most overrated DC in the NFL and has been given too much power within the organization. If I am understanding it correctly he pretty much has final say on defensive personnel and I think he uses that to undermine Pederson some. I remember this article about Schwartz possibly trying to undercut Pederson and get the head coaching job. The Eagles have Doug Pederson’s back, even if Jim Schwartz doesn’t I do not know how much truth is to all of this but Schwartz never talks to the media so you have no real idea what is going on and he seems real rigid.

His coaching resume is not that impressive if we look between the lines. He has come under some great defensive coaches namely Bill Belicheck and Jeff Fischer. He was under Fischer for 10 years. I am not sure how much credit should be given to Schwartz for those defenses as a head coach his defenses were not good. As the Lions head coach the highest the defense would rank in his tenure was 16th. He did have a good defense in 2014 with the Bills as the DC But that is skewed because they has a last place schedule after finishing 6-10 the previous season. In an earlier thread this year I broke down that season and most of the Bills games that season were against teams with losing records.
:agree:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press Taylor - Quarterbacks Coach - I am all for young coaches getting a shot but they need to perform to keep their positions. Carson Wentz went from an NLF MVP Front Runner to a QB with a ton of talent with poor mechanics. When this happens all the blame has to go to the Quarterbacks coach. Especially when you get a good look at the before and after.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Jacksonville releases Foles next year I would reach out and see if he wants to come back. Wentz is still my guy moving forward but I would find a way to make it work. :)

Schwartz and Groh can hit the bricks. I am still a fan of the 4-3 just not the Wide 9. I think we have good talent on this team they just need teaching coaches. All our players can't suck otherwise we wouldn't have won a Super Bowl two years ago. Time to say good-bye to some of our older players and bring in younger competition.

I have been telling everyone I know that something just seems off this year. For it to be going on this long makes me think it is about the coaching staff. It seems our coaching start is not putting our players in position to succeed. :D

I like the 4-3 also, but with that you need 3 good LB'ers, which we don't have. Speaking of that, Bradham loks like he's done. Its time to address the position in the draft and free agency.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Groh, Taylor, and Walch must go. Bring in Jay Gruden o Nagy (if he's fired).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Yeah, say good bye to Undlin too. (The DB whisperer).

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Groh, Taylor, and Walch must go. Bring in Jay Gruden o Nagy (if he's fired).
I mentioned before that I would love Gruden as an OC and Quinn as our DC if he's fired from the Falcons. On another note, I'm concerned about who makes the call or final call on who we draft? Howie is not a great evaluator with drafting, which is why I hated losing Douglas.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned before that I would love Gruden as an OC and Quinn as our DC if he's fired from the Falcons. On another note, I'm concerned about who makes the call or final call on who we draft? Howie is not a great evaluator with drafting, which is why I hated losing Douglas.

Howie it appears makes the final call but normally does what Schwartz wants if all the reports are accurate.