• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to Play GM

Do you tear it down or keep going free agent vet route?

• Strip it down and keep my core younger players

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Nope give me a couple more vets and we are good!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Potato Salad with Bacon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade Wentz to piss people off

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just use Hollins on special teams. I know that some of the trades made last month were not appealing, but the two that haunt me were Fitzpatrick (only had to give up 1 first); and Sanders, who even though he is a little banged up, gets open and makes plays all day long. Howie holds on to draft picks so much, yet his picks generally suck! That's why he spends so much signing free agents.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would start by firing the OC and WR coach. How the hell are we not playing JJ Arcega-Whiteside yet playing Mack Hollins whom I'm tied with for catches in the past 5 games COMBINED! JJ was the talk of Camp and then produced all of preseason, yet he can't sniff PT despite Hollins doing absolutely nothing?!?!? and neither the OC nor WR coach can draw up anything to help get anyone going other than Alshon Jeffery who isn't even 100%??? I see no imagination in the play calling with respect to the passing game ... no adjustments.

Yeah, after reading some of the comments that fuck nut WR coach has made he is top on my list. Get the fuck out. Then we can talk about Groh next

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just use Hollins on special teams. I know that some of the trades made last month were not appealing, but the two that haunt me were Fitzpatrick (only had to give up 1 first); and Sanders, who even though he is a little banged up, gets open and makes plays all day long. Howie holds on to draft picks so much, yet his picks generally suck! That's why he spends so much signing free agents.

No I think he's been out there running routes an has been targeted the last couple of games...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think he's been out there running routes an has been targeted the last couple of games...

He has been. Wentz won't even look his way for the most part. Other than that his only valuable contributions have been shitty holding penalties on running plays.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically he’s out there to draw a corner away from the passing side

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically he’s out there to draw a corner away from the passing side

Or to run a pick on a bunch formation. Other than that he’s not going to get much serious attention.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it goes back to the reason I started this poll, to me they need serious up grades in three major areas were just one guy in each group is going to make a difference in just one draft

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me, you play out this year and look very closely at what has been perceived as the greatest weakness. Don't have a fire sale, that just tells everyone that you are willing to take pennies on a dollar.

If the secondary is truly as bad as discussed, get the scouting dept. out at every friggin' college game a look for quality DBs who won't be yapped about as top ten talent. The Eagles will need one (1) outstanding guy, hopefully, a CB to build the secondary around.......look at your opponent today (Stephon Gilmore). The Pats had Devon McCourty who they drafted as a CB but was a much better safety because he excelled when everything is in front of him and he's not catching up. They picked up his reject twin brother who's been an All-Pro since getting in with a group workaholics. They have a bunch of unknown kids like Johnathan Jones and JC Jackson because the scouts went out did some onsite work watching guys to see who might fit what the defense needed.

Free agents don't always work out, especially on the OL and DL unless they are truly studs. The perfect example is Suh. Went to the Rams and Aaron Donald wasn't Aaron Donald anymore. The Patriots exposed Suh in SB LIII and now he's in Tampa. The Rams appear to be a one and done team. The Eagles fell prey to the SB Curse that made them feel invincible and they haven't been able to find the exact formula again and yet are still in the hunt.

Don't overpay anyone. Pay everyone as fairly as possible and you don't have cap concerns. This year the Patriots showed the league what not to do and why. Signing Antonio Brown killed their cap when they had to cut him for his stupid phone tricks.

Biggest problem for any GM is having a huge cap space. They're like politicians and just have to spend like drunken sailors. Names are not important when free agency begins, talent and ability are critical. More, knowing that the guys you sign will buy into the team system and be a leader and not a bitcher. The other problem is trying to do it all at once. It rarely happens, but doing right can continually improve the team and keep the Eagles in playoffs every year.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. I could see him as a backup to Wentz.

Except....he’s going to end up with a lot of media buzz around him. Maybe not such a big deal in the offseason. But if someone else wants to sign him now have at it. Also, I wonder if he still wants a starter role....I don’t see how he gets one at this point.

To be clear....I never had extreme issue with his political stances and I have found the clear collusion to black ball him stupid. At the same time....he opted out of his 49ers contract years ago and set all this up.

So, take what your offered, keep your head low and play the game.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but I don't think he can keep quiet. He still wants the NFL to pay him for those lost games. Jerk!

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:Pederson has been exposed!!!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Wentz wasn't great, but credit Ertz for 4 drops! Doug refused to run the ball in the 2nd half. When you have a 14 point lead in the 2nd half, and you don't run the ball is inexcusable. Gosh, golly gee, Doug, you need an OC who lets you know they have to run the ball and manage the clock. Instead, they played right into Fitz' hand. We couldn't handle Parker, and Gesicki Pathetic.

Remember, Doug didn't hire Schwartz - Howie and Jeffrey did. They also kept Undlin. That doesn't take Doug off the hook. I hope that a lot of heads will roll after season's end.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Wentz wasn't great, but credit Ertz for 4 drops! Doug refused to run the ball in the 2nd half. When you have a 14 point lead in the 2nd half, and you don't run the ball is inexcusable. Gosh, golly gee, Doug, you need an OC who lets you know they have to run the ball and manage the clock. Instead, they played right into Fitz' hand. We couldn't handle Parker, and Gesicki Pathetic.

Remember, Doug didn't hire Schwartz - Howie and Jeffrey did. They also kept Undlin. That doesn't take Doug off the hook. I hope that a lot of heads will roll after season's end.

Yeah that one I don't understand!
Its like they are afraid to hand the ball to Sanders after a certain amount of touches.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz imo played a B- game yesterday. Missed some throws ... but also made some good plays. The 3rd quarter drop by Ertz should have sealed the game ... it would have been either a TD or 1st down at the 1 or 2 yard line. Ertz later has another TD stripped from him in the end zone. Pederson only running the ball 19 times while we were running at 5 yards per clip was criminal ... but the non play of the game was that 3rd down drop by Ertz; regardless of the putrid defensive effort, if he makes that catch it's game over.