• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

TIME FOR MICHIGAN TO FACE FACTS

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some cases I don't think it matters. I think Miles has emotional ties to the program which will override anything he has at LSU. Not to mention....we'll make it rain.

Ha. Y'all will. - Just don't try to tame the man, he's only an asset if he's allowed to be batshit.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I write this as an unabashed life long Michigan fan....right now they/we/us SUCK

Brady Hoke's dismissal or resignation is not a matter of IF but WHEN. You can pretty much circle it on the calendar now. Here are some facts:

2011- 11-2
Since....15-11
His contract buyout after Jan 1st $2 million

Hoke will be gone. Embarrassing losses to ND and Minnesota added with a less than stellar win-loss record have taken care of that.

and it isn't even over yet. not talking trash here, but objectively its obvious that UM has more losses coming this year which will make it even easier to can hoke.......

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to seem like piling on. I'm tagged as MSU, mostly because I watch about 50-75% of college games with my dad or brother who are both state alumni. I went to Central Michigan and never even watched a game there while I was a student. I may have a slight state lean, but still a fan of U of M too.

I never understood why Michigan Alumni sabotaged Rich Rod so bad. I don't know that he would have won national titles or anything but Robinson would have won a Heisman for sure if he had stayed one more season, and that BCS win Hoke got was pretty much off the back of RR.

Plus paying Hoke 2 million a year as LSU pays to keep Miles away from you, as Alabama pays to get Saban (remember he coached at MSU and could have turned their program into what Alabama is, except they wouldn't pay to keep him) Ohio State your biggest rival pays big to get a proven winner. Notre Dame has shoveled money at top coach after top coach to finally get back to national prominence (after many said it wasn't possible anymore). And then Michigan thinks they can just find some random bargain coach for 1/3 the price and everything will work out fine because they are Michigan?

One thing I did discuss with my brother and dad during the state game this past weekend. We were playing Wyoming, and for a while there weren't doing any fancy schemes or great plays. No trickery or motion or new fangled designed plays and upped tempo. They just put a hat on a hat blocking scheme and ran the ball right down their throats. Just out manned them. And then the announcers started talking about one of the biggest and best recruits MSU has gotten in years. He was #6 at his position and in the 60's overall amongst all projects. And we started talking. Is there one position on the field where Michigan doesn't have that kind of prospect or better? I bet they have 8 linemen or more amongst the 5 years of recruits playing for them who were #6 at their position or higher. Wr, RB, QB, DB, LB, I bet all of those guys are that level of recruit.

Regardless of scheme if Michigan can't just man up and out play Utah or Minnesota or those kinds of teams at the very least, something is seriously wrong with them from a very fundamental standpoint.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Michigan have to go back to real grass if they get Miles so he can have a snack during the games?

Y

Yapp14

But didn't Miles turn down a job in ann arbor before they settled on Hoke? For some reason I thought Miles was already offered that job once.
According the the book Three and Out by John U. Bacon Miles was interested in the job before they hired Rich Rod. However he had an SEC Championship game and potential NC game to plan for. He asked that things be kept quiet until their season was done and it was leaked out by then AD Bill Martin. It reached a point where Martin was totally excluded from contract talked by Mary Sue Coleman the Univ. President and they were operating on good faith terms for a deal.

Miles allegedly said that if they couldn't keep their word on his interest they prob couldn't keep their word on a contract

Y

Yapp14

In all honesty, at this moment in time Miles to Michigan seems like a demotion for Miles. But, they might can make it rain enough to offset that.
If I were Les Miles why would I leave an SEC power and go to Michigan?

Y

Yapp14

and it isn't even over yet. not talking trash here, but objectively its obvious that UM has more losses coming this year which will make it even easier to can hoke.......
I agree. They may win 3-4 games and that is probably giving too much credit

Y

Yapp14

Don't want to seem like piling on. I'm tagged as MSU, mostly because I watch about 50-75% of college games with my dad or brother who are both state alumni. I went to Central Michigan and never even watched a game there while I was a student. I may have a slight state lean, but still a fan of U of M too.

I never understood why Michigan Alumni sabotaged Rich Rod so bad. I don't know that he would have won national titles or anything but Robinson would have won a Heisman for sure if he had stayed one more season, and that BCS win Hoke got was pretty much off the back of RR.

Plus paying Hoke 2 million a year as LSU pays to keep Miles away from you, as Alabama pays to get Saban (remember he coached at MSU and could have turned their program into what Alabama is, except they wouldn't pay to keep him) Ohio State your biggest rival pays big to get a proven winner. Notre Dame has shoveled money at top coach after top coach to finally get back to national prominence (after many said it wasn't possible anymore). And then Michigan thinks they can just find some random bargain coach for 1/3 the price and everything will work out fine because they are Michigan?

One thing I did discuss with my brother and dad during the state game this past weekend. We were playing Wyoming, and for a while there weren't doing any fancy schemes or great plays. No trickery or motion or new fangled designed plays and upped tempo. They just put a hat on a hat blocking scheme and ran the ball right down their throats. Just out manned them. And then the announcers started talking about one of the biggest and best recruits MSU has gotten in years. He was #6 at his position and in the 60's overall amongst all projects. And we started talking. Is there one position on the field where Michigan doesn't have that kind of prospect or better? I bet they have 8 linemen or more amongst the 5 years of recruits playing for them who were #6 at their position or higher. Wr, RB, QB, DB, LB, I bet all of those guys are that level of recruit.

Regardless of scheme if Michigan can't just man up and out play Utah or Minnesota or those kinds of teams at the very least, something is seriously wrong with them from a very fundamental standpoint.
Excellent post!

I have heard other UM fans make excuses about lack of talent. That's not true. I also hear that over 75 players are sophomores or freshman. Ok, but they should still be displaying talent and competing.

What I saw on Saturday against Minnesota was a team that literally fell apart. They were limping all over the field. Heck their top CB was in the locker room receiving treatment. Funchess, who could have the potential to one of the best WR's ever at Michigan left the game.

In short, the kids quit on Saturday. That is very hard to recover from

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent post!

I have heard other UM fans make excuses about lack of talent. That's not true. I also hear that over 75 players are sophomores or freshman. Ok, but they should still be displaying talent and competing.

What I saw on Saturday against Minnesota was a team that literally fell apart. They were limping all over the field. Heck their top CB was in the locker room receiving treatment. Funchess, who could have the potential to one of the best WR's ever at Michigan left the game.

In short, the kids quit on Saturday. That is very hard to recover from

:agree: I've read a few things that have said that Hoke is terrible at evaluation talent...well several of those top 10 recruiting classes that Hoke had the past few years were filled with recruits that turned down top 10 programs to go to Michigan. I'm finding it hard to believe that everyone was overvaluing their talent. IMO it is easily seen as talent not being developed and motivated by coaching. Get a good coach who can motivate these kids and I think you would see a team that could contend for the B1G as soon as next year (only because the B1G has been down for a few years).

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles needed to be hired in 2008. End of story. This all would have been vastly different and there's no way we're the tire fire we are now.

While it MAY have worked, we cant be sure. Miles was the coach at Oklahoma State, and with Texas playing them every year, I'd have to say Miles didnt really register. He won some games, but nothing spectacular.

He's done a great job at LSU, but his recruiting base is extremely rich and it helps to have that talent; would that be the same case at Michigan? I dont know, maybe, maybe not.

Y

Yapp14

:agree: I've read a few things that have said that Hoke is terrible at evaluation talent...well several of those top 10 recruiting classes that Hoke had the past few years were filled with recruits that turned down top 10 programs to go to Michigan. I'm finding it hard to believe that everyone was overvaluing their talent. IMO it is easily seen as talent not being developed and motivated by coaching. Get a good coach who can motivate these kids and I think you would see a team that could contend for the B1G as soon as next year (only because the B1G has been down for a few years).
Say what you will about RR, but he brought in or at least was starting to bring in talent. Hoke went 11-2 with his kids.

I feel like if he had stayed they would have competed for a NC by now. RR brought a lot of baggage with him from WVA including lawsuits and then made things worse with his comments. He was never going to be embraced by the blue blood fans.

Y

Yapp14

While it MAY have worked, we cant be sure. Miles was the coach at Oklahoma State, and with Texas playing them every year, I'd have to say Miles didnt really register. He won some games, but nothing spectacular.

He's done a great job at LSU, but his recruiting base is extremely rich and it helps to have that talent; would that be the same case at Michigan? I dont know, maybe, maybe not.
I would say no. Its pretty damned clear to be the best football talent pools are in the south. If I am a blue chip kid from say FL or GA why would I go to Michigan right now?