• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Games

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where to post this, as most general threads are for the draft or college football...

Nfl to Add More Thursday Night Games

I'm sure us Niner fans are going to love this - more Thursday Night Games! The article says that every team will get a prime time game so I'm sure Green Bay, NYG, Dallas, and Saints will get a regularly scheduled Prime Time Game and we'll get the Thursday night game. I guess this is easy for me to say once we know we're going to have a Prime Time Game anyway. A few years ago, a lot of liked getting nationally televised games if we won but hated even more than usual the blowouts. Luckily, they often scheduled the Seattle or Arizona games where we preformed well. Even the Bears game was good for us.

I'm not one for conspiracies, but do you think this will conveniently cause enough scheduling problems that one day they'll use this to say how they need more games, longer season?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Inconsequential news for those who subscribe to cable...horrible news for those who don't...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our "marquee" matchups, they'll likely be primetime viewings. They're away games for us though, so i HOPE TO GOD they'll be sunday and monday night viewings... screw TNF.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have cable, this be horrible.... my cable provider does not carry the NFL network.

Wow, I thought all pay tv offered the NFL...So, is this the first step to forcing us to all subscribe to directv or forcing yours and other non-carriers to pony up the bucks...or worse, the first step to realizing Al Davis's belief that one day the NFL would be a pay-per-view broadcast......

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, we don't need football every day of the week. Sunday and Monday are great for NFL, and we have College to fill in the rest. I like it better when it's just something to look forward to on the weekends.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More teams will have short weeks while some don't. That's inevitable with TNGs but with more of them, there will be more scheduling problems. We got the short stick twice this year. Thursday night game after a Sunday game. A Saturday game after a Monday Night game. This isn't about the Niners, I don't like any team getting a short week, in general, even though I'll take it if it helps us. Now, there'll just be more of them.

But I'm different. I just like Sunday and Monday games. I don't like weather to affect the game, either way. I don't like how homeruns are different distances in different cities. I just like the game to be played with as few of variables. Others, especially in baseball and it worked out for us against the Saints, like this variation because it brings a factor into the game like grey hairs bring character for a man. For a woman, grey hairs is bad all around. Yes, I realized that I just likened myself to a woman, but you know what I mean. If I'm a woman, I'm a lesbian in a man's body.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, we don't need football every day of the week. Sunday and Monday are great for NFL, and we have College to fill in the rest. I like it better when it's just something to look forward to on the weekends.

I agree. It's better when you have something to look forward to on Sundays and Mondays. We even have the Sunday night game. We're being bombarded with too many games.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More teams will have short weeks while some don't. That's inevitable with TNGs but with more of them, there will be more scheduling problems. We got the short stick twice this year. Thursday night game after a Sunday game. A Saturday game after a Monday Night game. This isn't about the Niners, I don't like any team getting a short week, in general, even though I'll take it if it helps us. Now, there'll just be more of them.

But I'm different. I just like Sunday and Monday games. I don't like weather to affect the game, either way. I don't like how homeruns are different distances in different cities. I just like the game to be played with as few of variables. Others, especially in baseball and it worked out for us against the Saints, like this variation because it brings a factor into the game like grey hairs bring character for a man. For a woman, grey hairs is bad all around. Yes, I realized that I just likened myself to a woman, but you know what I mean. If I'm a woman, I'm a lesbian in a man's body.

The only thing about football is that it is impossible to have everything even unless you make every team play in a dome. I like the idea of a home field advantage in the NFL. It gives you something to play for besides just crowd noise. Like you said, this year vs the Saints is a perfect example. Baseball... ehh. It will never happen either. I like the idea of no DH in either league, and also make the fields the same distances. Bonds would have hit over 80 that year had he played in Philly or another hitters park.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It's better when you have something to look forward to on Sundays and Mondays. We even have the Sunday night game. We're being bombarded with too many games.

You're personal signature after your posts... it's like words for Lebron James.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I thought all pay tv offered the NFL...So, is this the first step to forcing us to all subscribe to directv or forcing yours and other non-carriers to pony up the bucks...or worse, the first step to realizing Al Davis's belief that one day the NFL would be a pay-per-view broadcast......

For around here, it was only for those with Satellite TVs... then some certain cable ones got ahold...

so its a way to force(imo) to get those dominant cable providers to pony up for the nfl network... HOWEVER, if its the giants or jets game, they do broadcast them on TNF on one of the NY networks like a MY9 or WPIX here.

Also i think Direct TV has a contract with NFL network anyways.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing about football is that it is impossible to have everything even unless you make every team play in a dome. I like the idea of a home field advantage in the NFL. It gives you something to play for besides just crowd noise. Like you said, this year vs the Saints is a perfect example. Baseball... ehh. It will never happen either. I like the idea of no DH in either league, and also make the fields the same distances. Bonds would have hit over 80 that year had he played in Philly or another hitters park.

I agree about home field advantage. I like the wind, I like grass, I like the variation of dome/nondome. I don't like the rain, unless it rained all year. In Utah and Colorado, it regularly snows and that gives the home team an advantage. That's fine. But when both teams aren't used to the rain, I hate the variation, even if we had won. If we lost or won due to wind, fine. Candlestick is known for wind, we should be used to it and the other team has to account for it. I know I don't have a pure stance, but I like regular variation. (Though even in New England, I don't like snowy games, but that's just me, I don't think that's bad for football since it's so common) Rain's common too, I guess, but I don't like it.

Baseball bugs me the most because there's no reason why one field should be shorter than the other. I'd understand if one was harder to hit a homerun due to wind or something. Heck, even due to the position of the sun. But to delibrately weigh what gives you an advantage based upon distance when you make the field? It's like making three point shots closer for tall teams. I doubt they tailor fields for specific players, of course, but maybe based on philosophy that you want it harder/easier to score for everyone. I wouldn't want them to shorten the field in a windy stadium to make it equivalent of a non-windy stadium. The natural forces are fine if the measurements are the same. Baseball is different for me than football.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that if a game is playing on NFL Network, the NFL by law is required to offer an alternative broadcast over a local affiliate to people who live in the hosting and visiting team's TV markets. This happened to the Niners last year; I their TNF game, was it Harbowl, was similcast on UPN (I think it was UPN...)

But to all you Niner fans from across the globe who do not live in that the NFL deems the 'correct' part of Northern California you should go F*** yourself and get DirecTV - the official sponsor of the NFL

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Rice. Some fool tried to argue with me that he played for other teams once.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

It's also a mint for those who refuse to brush their teeth. Or cologne for those who refuse to shower.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Rice. Some fool tried to argue with me that he played for other teams once.

lmao wtf how did i post this in the wrong thread.

carl_sagan-440x365.jpg

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that if a game is playing on NFL Network, the NFL by law is required to offer an alternative broadcast over a local affiliate to people who live in the hosting and visiting team's TV markets. This happened to the Niners last year; I their TNF game, was it Harbowl, was similcast on UPN (I think it was UPN...)

But to all you Niner fans from across the globe who do not live in that the NFL deems the 'correct' part of Northern California you should go F*** yourself and get DirecTV - the official sponsor of the NFL

Never!