• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on WR's this year?

jjoshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It looks like WR could be a weakness for us this upcoming season. Moye's gone and Drake just got moved to the secondary. This leaves us with Brown, Kersey, Smith, and Felder with a good amount of on-field experience. Brown struggles with his consistency and Smith was just involved in that drug incident with Crawford, so who knows what will happen with him. Also, who knows if he will ever learn to not trip on his own feet. It looks like Kersey and Felder will really have to step up for us. Allen Robinson comes back as well, but I don't think we've seen enough of him to make judgement.

The talent is there, let's just hope they can make use of it.

Lastly, not in relation to this year's wide receivers, but Ryan Switzer picked UNC over us and WVU earlier today: Rough day for Penn State: West Virginia wideout Ryan Switzer commits to North Carolina, per report | PennLive.com

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not good news regarding Switzer. I will be posting a recruiting board near the end of the week - I've been researching it, and have a pretty good grip on the outstanding offers.

It looks like O'Brien likes to throw to the TE, and go with a lot of 2-TE sets, but I think you're right - we're going to be stretched, depth-wise at wideout. There are two incoming FS - Eugene Lewis (4-star), and Jonathan Warner (2-star). I'm not sure who the redshirts might be - will look that up. Lewis might see some snaps this year, if the situation demands it.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Brown can step it up; some of his drops last season were pretty disappointing. If Moo Moo gets charged with the drug nonsense, I really can't see him staying on the team. According to O'Brien, he doesn't have a doghouse..you're either in or you're out. I guess we'll see how true that is. Kersey definitely has potential but he also has an attitude problem and consistent rumors of transferring..he needs to buckle down and get his shit straight if he wants to make consistent contributions to the team.

Certainly a little improvement at QB might help this situation :D

jjoshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think our WR and OL depth might be the reason why Danny O'Brien chose Wisky over us

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our WR and OL depth might be the reason why Danny O'Brien chose Wisky over us

Yes, we're going to be young on the OL this year. But I think the opportunity to get playing time immediately, and what happened with Wilson there last year probably had a lot to do with it, too. Though he wouldn't have much competition, in my view, unless Jones really comes in and shows it.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we're going to be young on the OL this year. But I think the opportunity to get playing time immediately, and what happened with Wilson there last year probably had a lot to do with it, too. Though he wouldn't have much competition, in my view, unless Jones really comes in and shows it.

*praying*

fonze232

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that part of the reason Kersey was talking about leaving is that he was ready to be a starting or slot WR. Hopefully not that he was delusional in thinking he deserved playing time!

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are very low on receivers and I expect that we'll be losing Devon Smith for the season due to his recent drug issue.

I know that it is off from the original topic, but with regards to that depth chart I am REALLY hoping to not see another year of McGloin or even Bolden behind center. I heard rumor that they'll be red-shirting Charlie Bench so I am really hoping that Jones picks things up. Judging by some of O'Brien's comments assuming that Jones can keep his grades up it almost sounds like it is his job to lose.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we're even thinner at DB, which is why I've heard that Golden and Trevor Williams are being moved over there. CB and safeties are where we really need some breakthroughs in recruiting. That and big-play receivers. The guys we have now at WR - I seem them at best being solid, and at worst?

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Alex Kenney have potential? He looks almost as small as Moo Moo

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Alex Kenney have potential? He looks almost as small as Moo Moo

He's a lot bigger than moo moo. Smith is tiny, looks like a jv kid, Kenney is thin, but not short. I've stood next to both and there's really no comparison....hell, kevin kelly was bigger than moo moo

Also, expect Eugene Lewis to get a strong look as a freshman.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a lot bigger than moo moo. Smith is tiny, looks like a jv kid, Kenney is thin, but not short. I've stood next to both and there's really no comparison....hell, kevin kelly was bigger than moo moo

Also, expect Eugene Lewis to get a strong look as a freshman.

Almost as small. 3 inches taller.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost as small. 3 inches taller.

Like I said, I've stood nest to both on sidelines, Kenney is very noticeably taller than moo moo. Moo moo is tiny. Their listed heights are 5 inches apart on the roster and Moo moo is only 5'7 in cleats. Kenney is legit 6'0 tall