• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts for the offseason

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a "season over, let's move on" type thread but it can add another thing to think about as we watch the broncos. Which players/coaches are proving their worth and which ones can go.

Welker has been non-existent this season. I am sure we let him walk especially with all the other receivers we have to sign.

Orlando Franklin - The guy was suppose to be mean beast for us on the O-line. he has been okay but if he wants a big contract I think we can let him walk.

I think there needs to be some coaching changes, not quite sure what. There is too much talent on this team to watch them shut down when they don't get their way. My first thought is that Del Rio should go. I love what he can do with player potential but his schemes are questionable.

Gase needs to take some of that play-calling from Manning. I think Manning is getting too overloaded. I also believe Manning is trying to force himself to step up in crunch time when he should let some of the team help out. The problem with a Manning led offense is that Manning struggles they all struggle.

I also think I said Manning a lot in that last paragraph.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nail on the head BOk. I love Manning, we all do. He`s one of the best to ever grace the gridiron. Prob is, I think he audibles out of run calls and Gase and Co. put up with it cause,well he`s Manning. What qb doesn`t want to throw the ball? they all do and would do if the coaching staff permits it. If Fox and Gase don`t have the balls to tell Manning to stick with game plan and are afraid of hurting his ego.then Elway needs to make changes. It`s about winning ball games and competeing for SB,not glorified stats and pampering your qb. Regardless if what some think, I know if Denver committed more to run game in these last few games, they will at least find out if their capable. How can it hurt? They won`t go far as the one-dimensional team they are now anyway and then you can look to where you need to make your changes/improvements/draft pks,etc. You have to try!!.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless how this season ends up, Denver needs to address O-line ( most importantly ) Lb and coaches. Hopefully the later comes with attitude.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so here is my first move just to salvage this season alone then I will get into off season...I say sign Icognito this week. Put him at LG, move Vasquez back to RG, and move Franklin to RT. IT gets everybody in their most natural and best position. Yes Franklin struggles some with speed rushers but so is everybody else who has been at RT this year. Might as well put him out there and give us our best Run Blocking combination for the OL. Then yes I agree Randymon take the freaking ball away from Manning...I know that sounds weird but we have to run even if it isn't working. AT one point on Sunday we passed the ball on 26 straight plays. At no point until about 5 minutes to go in the game were we actually out of this game. So to abandon the run game like we did was just ridiculous.

My first move I make this off season and hope they make it even before then is resign Chris Harris. Even when the team has been struggling he has still played at an All-Pro level. I have no issue calling him the best Corner in the NFL right now.

Next I resign DT and Knighton. Franklin, Moore, and Irving can all walk in my opinion. JT try to get him to resign but I would rather just Tag him if at all possible as he just hasn't shown he can stay healthy for a full season and is limited to only helping in the pass game.

I then look for the best RT in the draft and in FA if there is one that is worth signing. I'm hoping by next year that Schofield has worked his way into handling either the LG or RT spot. Then work to draft to fill the other while also adding some veteran depth.

Coaching wise I am torn--I like Del Rio in the sense I do think we are seeing what he can do developmental wise in helping these young guys reach full potential. I mean when no names are becoming house hold names a big part of that is coaching. At the same time this past game was probably one of the worst coached NFL games I have ever watched. They played on defense almost a vanilla Preseason type defense and on offense just decided Manning was just good enough to beat them and didn't need anybody else. I just don't like the game plans that I have seen over the last couple of weeks. Even the Oakland game we went too pass heavy too quickly. It wasn't until we built up a huge lead did we then decide to run the ball.

Anyway hopefully our team does some soul searching this week and figures out that they have a special team and have the opportunity to do something great. We shall see how much heart this team has very quickly.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so here is my first move just to salvage this season alone then I will get into off season...I say sign Icognito this week. Put him at LG, move Vasquez back to RG, and move Franklin to RT. IT gets everybody in their most natural and best position. Yes Franklin struggles some with speed rushers but so is everybody else who has been at RT this year. Might as well put him out there and give us our best Run Blocking combination for the OL. Then yes I agree Randymon take the freaking ball away from Manning...I know that sounds weird but we have to run even if it isn't working. AT one point on Sunday we passed the ball on 26 straight plays. At no point until about 5 minutes to go in the game were we actually out of this game. So to abandon the run game like we did was just ridiculous.

My first move I make this off season and hope they make it even before then is resign Chris Harris. Even when the team has been struggling he has still played at an All-Pro level. I have no issue calling him the best Corner in the NFL right now.

Next I resign DT and Knighton. Franklin, Moore, and Irving can all walk in my opinion. JT try to get him to resign but I would rather just Tag him if at all possible as he just hasn't shown he can stay healthy for a full season and is limited to only helping in the pass game.

I then look for the best RT in the draft and in FA if there is one that is worth signing. I'm hoping by next year that Schofield has worked his way into handling either the LG or RT spot. Then work to draft to fill the other while also adding some veteran depth.

Coaching wise I am torn--I like Del Rio in the sense I do think we are seeing what he can do developmental wise in helping these young guys reach full potential. I mean when no names are becoming house hold names a big part of that is coaching. At the same time this past game was probably one of the worst coached NFL games I have ever watched. They played on defense almost a vanilla Preseason type defense and on offense just decided Manning was just good enough to beat them and didn't need anybody else. I just don't like the game plans that I have seen over the last couple of weeks. Even the Oakland game we went too pass heavy too quickly. It wasn't until we built up a huge lead did we then decide to run the ball.

Anyway hopefully our team does some soul searching this week and figures out that they have a special team and have the opportunity to do something great. We shall see how much heart this team has very quickly.

Point on. Like I posted a few mins ago in another post, Fox has been quoted as saying Denver needs to start running the ball. I guess it takes the whole football nation,etc to shine the light on him. Hello? Wasn`t that the game plan coming into this season. Oh, I forgot...Manning makes the decisions on the offense. Stupid me. :) He ( Manning has to realize that there`s no way to reach their goal without that balance) Does he really want to hoist a Lombardi again or is it all smoke and mirrors. I`m starting to wonder.