• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Minnesota game................

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sucks to see everyone just bitch instead of enjoy a very dominant defensive performance.

I think it is more concern than bitching. Detroit's defense has played beyond anyone's comprehension the 1st 6 games of the year. Unfortunately -- many people realize the 1st part of the schedule and the rest of the schedule are polar opposites, so we are going to need the offense to start putting up points.

We have to face New Orleans, Atlanta, New England, Chicago twice and Green Bay at Lambeau, as well as @ Arizona.

While I would be 1000000000% content on seeing the Lions win games 17-3 or 19-7, etc. -- We all realize it is unrealistic to think the defense will continue to play like it has, as the quality of the QB's they face will go up and teams will have more game tape to figure out how to attack the Lions defense.

I'm not as worried about the home games we have, as our crowd is great at helping disrupt offenses. It is the road games that have me worried and well, the New Orleans game too, as they use a short passing attack, though we won't have to face Graham, which is huge.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also rather have suh than a shutdown CB. Suh is a once every twenty years type of player.

I absolutely love Suh -- He is my favorite player on the Lions. Calling him a once in 20 years type of player is crazy. Maybe if you are only talking about the Lions franchise. If you are talking about the entire NFL for DT's -- I'd have to respectfully disagree.

If you asked 10 people who the best DT in the NFL is right now -- it'd be a toss between 3 guys. IMO, the only DE or DT who could be called a once in 20 year type player is JJ Watt, right now.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more concern than bitching. Detroit's defense has played beyond anyone's comprehension the 1st 6 games of the year. Unfortunately -- many people realize the 1st part of the schedule and the rest of the schedule are polar opposites, so we are going to need the offense to start putting up points.

We have to face New Orleans, Atlanta, New England, Chicago twice and Green Bay at Lambeau, as well as @ Arizona.

While I would be 1000000000% content on seeing the Lions win games 17-3 or 19-7, etc. -- We all realize it is unrealistic to think the defense will continue to play like it has, as the quality of the QB's they face will go up and teams will have more game tape to figure out how to attack the Lions defense.

I'm not as worried about the home games we have, as our crowd is great at helping disrupt offenses. It is the road games that have me worried and well, the New Orleans game too, as they use a short passing attack, though we won't have to face Graham, which is huge.

Im the expert of expressing concern as evidenced by predicting last years poor second half when they were 6-3 and getting toasted for it. So it should put many minds at ease when my concern is at a minimum. The difference between last year and this year is huge. Last year it was clear to the unbiased fan that the defense was going to get routed by good offenses and they did starting with philly. This year its not as clear cut. Im not sold on the secondary and I dont expect them to shut the saints down. They will lose next week if the offensive oine continues to struggle. But the difference is there is an abundance of talent on the offense, so to me its not a huge concern. I expect them to figure it out. Im not sold on the kicking game(maybe it is the holder) but I also feel much more confident with prater than the other two guys. The lions also dont have an idiot for a coach anymore and as I said many a time last year, if the coach cant control himself how will the players? They have a coach that can maintain his composure and it shows as the lions players are not getting their normal 15 yard penalties anymore. Anyhow, tpaul can attest. If Im not concerned something is up in detroit.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love Suh -- He is my favorite player on the Lions. Calling him a once in 20 years type of player is crazy. Maybe if you are only talking about the Lions franchise. If you are talking about the entire NFL for DT's -- I'd have to respectfully disagree.

If you asked 10 people who the best DT in the NFL is right now -- it'd be a toss between 3 guys. IMO, the only DE or DT who could be called a once in 20 year type player is JJ Watt, right now.

Maybe not at the second, but I fully believe hes just hitting his best years in the NFL. Hes the diffence in the lions defense. He makes players around him better. Ill take the guy thats lead the lions to an elite rushing defense and number one defense. Im not saying hes doing it on his own, but hes definitely the biggest factor.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel too much like tpaul, ugh. Thanks for the chat mike.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not policing friend. Didnt single anyone out. Just sucks to see everyone just bitch instead of enjoy a very dominant defensive performance. I get it, Im usually on the same side. Just seems like 75 % of the comments are stafford sucks or vice versa the rest of the team sucks which is why stafford is playing poorly. Just seems personal and petty. Im not concerned about the kicks as it was outdoors and one was 50 plus. If prater does it again though it will be shitty. I was upset with the kicks last week as that was what cost the lions the win and two of those should have been automatic. There may have been help playing a bad offense but still, it was a dominant performance by the defense on the road.

I think that may have actually been directed at me, to be honest. That's funny, though, because I specifically stated "I can't speak for others, but I...", so there's that...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that may have actually been directed at me, to be honest. That's funny, though, because I specifically stated "I can't speak for others, but I...", so there's that...

No, my post wasnt directed toward you, I didnt even see you post on that thread.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like bitching.

Not your bitching. My bitching.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I half agree with this. I think it is unrealistic to think the defense is going to single handedly keep winning games for us. The offense has to do their part. I dont know how much better the QB's really are. There are 10 of them vs 6 so far so there is that but Brees is the only one on our schedule coming up that is really a lot better than who we've faced so far. Brady used to be but he isn't playing like it so far.

More than the QB's are the WRs who worry me. Brandon Marshall, Vince Jackson, Fitzgerald, Wallace are big threats.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am following The Biggest Loser carefully. Damian Woody is getting into shape so maybe he can play OL for us. He couldn't possibly be worse than the swollen prostates playing for us right now.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are the Vikes are in for another long season... Hey at least the Wild are looking good!