• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts after the Minnesota game................

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 68. My dumbass needs to proof read more. Meant after being blown out the masses will scream

at some point this year we will get our asses thoroughly handed to us. Important thing will be how the team responds the following week.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts. Lions turn in another spectacular defensive performance and win on the road against a division rival and are in first place six games in. Yet if you weren't a fan and stumbled into the lions Vikings game day thread you would think they were awful. Just negative things coming out of everyone's mouth.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts. Lions turn in another spectacular win on the road against a division rival and are in first place six games in. Yet if you weren't a fan and stumbled into the lions Vikings game day thread you would think they were awful. Just negative things coming out of everyone's mouth.

Well. This can only be taken one way. I am too pessimistic. I'll try to eat a little more cornbread this week and wash it down with plenty of kool-aid.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. This can only be taken one way. I am too pessimistic. I'll try to eat a little more cornbread this week and wash it down with plenty of kool-aid.[/Q

Even your unbridled optimism is not enough.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The defense continues to play very well.
2. It was an ugly win.
3. Willie Young leads the league in sacks.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts. Lions turn in another spectacular defensive performance and win on the road against a division rival and are in first place six games in. Yet if you weren't a fan and stumbled into the lions Vikings game day thread you would think they were awful. Just negative things coming out of everyone's mouth.

Did not see the game and have not read through all 94 pages. Is it being a critic of spots that need work or negative? I know even the Cowboys will work on special teams and any fan can critique that unit even after a dominant win.

I do not feel I am negative discussing issues after a win that I know the coach will or should address also

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at some point this year we will get our asses thoroughly handed to us. Important thing will be how the team responds the following week.

I picked the Vikes because the Lions had to prove to me they can without CJ. They responded very well this week. At least the defense it seems.

They showed they could change history of winning without him.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not see the game and have not read through all 94 pages. Is it being a critic of spots that need work or negative? I know even the Cowboys will work on special teams and any fan can critique that unit even after a dominant win.

I do not feel I am negative discussing issues after a win that I know the coach will or should address also[/QUOTE

I haven't read all of it either. Just seemed most posts were directed toward how one player or unit sucks. I feel like there's way too much focus on the negatives when the lions are winning games in a way in the past was not possible, their defense. They are winning on the road, they are shutting down everyone, they are winning divisional games, this is all happeneing even with the awful kicking game, the atrocious play of the offensive line and Staffords mediocre play. They won and CJ and Bush didn't even play. They are winning games they would not have won previously

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also curious as to how the 'CBs are more important than DTs' crowd is making this all compute.

Yeah, I don't get that. You win by building the lines and extending outward. Why would the most important defensive position be the one furthest from the ball. That's why tight end with the tenth pick is so fucking stupid. The front seven has been so dominant this year they are improving the secondary immensely. You have to admit slay has been good though.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not feel I am negative discussing issues after a win that I know the coach will or should address also[/QUOTE

I haven't read all of it either. Just seemed most posts were directed toward how one player or unit sucks. I feel like there's way too much focus on the negatives when the lions are winning games in a way in the past was not possible, their defense. They are winning on the road, they are shutting down everyone, they are winning divisional games, this is all happeneing even with the awful kicking game, the atrocious play of the offensive line and Staffords mediocre play. They won and CJ and Bush didn't even play. They are winning games they would not have won previously

We will fight them in the division. We will fight them on the road. But...we will nevah, surrendah!!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just asking Laker. Was there help in playing Teddy and the Vikes? Like would yesterdays performance worked with all opponents??? It worked with a weak team and got the W does not mean it works next week. Those drops and missed kicks could haunt against playoff caliber teams.

I realize negative shit may irritate some. I also get frustrated at certain members policing the board after a win that certain things should be off limits. Then speaks as if they speak for the board. Hilarious shit there.

Tpaul sure does not give a fuck about having a 7 page arguement over stupid shit.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get that. You win by building the lines and extending outward. Why would the most important defensive position be the one furthest from the ball. That's why tight end with the tenth pick is so fucking stupid. The front seven has been so dominant this year they are improving the secondary immensely. You have to admit slay has been good though.

Slay has asked for help and put in the work. He has played well.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Willie Young leads the league in sacks.

I was sad to see him leave. Very explosive edge rusher with occasional lapses in concentration

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions line has not looked anything like they did last season. The Vikings were getting full heads of steam up and most of the afternoon Stafford didn't have the time to check down. He threw to the initial read and often the receiver could not get separation.

Thats not to say Stafford was sharp far from it. He was a game manager and most of us can not say we ever have seen that out of him.

I would have liked to have seen some plays to get the defense to slow down some. With time I think Stafford could have gotten to his 3rd or 4th read and made a few plays.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just asking Laker. Was there help in playing Teddy and the Vikes? Like would yesterdays performance worked with all opponents??? It worked with a weak team and got the W does not mean it works next week. Those drops and missed kicks could haunt against playoff caliber teams.

I realize negative shit may irritate some. I also get frustrated at certain members policing the board after a win that certain things should be off limits. Then speaks as if they speak for the board. Hilarious shit there.

Tpaul sure does not give a fuck about having a 7 page arguement over stupid shit.

Not policing friend. Didnt single anyone out. Just sucks to see everyone just bitch instead of enjoy a very dominant defensive performance. I get it, Im usually on the same side. Just seems like 75 % of the comments are stafford sucks or vice versa the rest of the team sucks which is why stafford is playing poorly. Just seems personal and petty. Im not concerned about the kicks as it was outdoors and one was 50 plus. If prater does it again though it will be shitty. I was upset with the kicks last week as that was what cost the lions the win and two of those should have been automatic. There may have been help playing a bad offense but still, it was a dominant performance by the defense on the road.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also curious as to how the 'CBs are more important than DTs' crowd is making this all COMPUTE.

Yeah, I don't get that. You win by building the lines and extending outward. Why would the most important defensive position be the one furthest from the ball. That's why tight end with the tenth pick is so fucking stupid. The front seven has been so dominant this year they are IMPROVING the secondary immensely. You have to admit slay has been good though.

I will be the first to say -- I've been beyond impressed with the DL play. That being said -- I will say without question, I'd rather have a shut down CB, than Suh, if I had the choice. There is also a reason, the top CB's get paid much more than the top DT's.

It has been unreal seeing the Lions get to the QB this year. I believe they lead the NFL in sacks after the 8 they had this past weekend. They need 13 sacks in the final 10 games to match their total for last year. The tough part of the schedule is coming up in the 2nd half of the season -- If the DL continues to play like they have -- It could sway my thoughts a bit.

That being said -- In a pass happy NFL -- IMO, if you gave any GM the choice of any CB or any DT to start a defense -- the top CBs would go off the board 1st. Now if you changed it to DE, instead of DT, I think JJ Watt would be the first off the board and I could see arguments for a few others.

To me -- if Suh was an elite DE -- I don't think anyone would have an issue with him getting 15-16 million a year. There is a big difference though between DT and DE. It is like the TE/WR argument -- Suh plays DT and wants to be paid like DE, without putting up DE numbers.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 4-2, 2-1 on the road, they should have beat he bills if their kicker didnt suck balls and they played well on the road against carolina (just too many boneheaded mistakes.) They statistically dominated the panthers in the first half. They destroyed the giants who are looking like an ok team. They are 2-0 in their division and have the best defense in the league. There is much to be excited about as a lioms fan. Most of us realize much improvement is still needed offensively and many of us probably dont think the secondary will hold up the next two weeks. But they are winning games with their defense, winning divisional games, winning on the road. The wins may be ugly, but good teams find a way to win, and any road win is great.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem drafting a CB early as it is an important piece. But as the lions are demonstrating this season you win games in the trenches. The defense is dominant due to their dline, and the offense is a mess because half of their oline has been injured or incompetent. Thats why I wanted a tackle with the first pick (among other positions). You can never have enough lineman. I would also rather have suh than a shutdown CB. Suh is a once every twenty years type of player.