• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thor 4: Love and Thunder (2022)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your statement had to do with appealing to the "woke mob".

Who in the "woke mob" is pushing for unisex characters/species?
I never said anything about a “woke mob”. I am just asking you why you think the producers retcon’d Korg’s race.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don’t believe that this “retcon” was intended to bow to the current woke mob?

I never said anything about a “woke mob”. I am just asking you why you think the producers retcon’d Korg’s race.

ecdf23c8064659bea1b3cec484fe57e8_w200.gif

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that there was a lot of gay, woke trans bullshit in there. So I will no longer be watching any of the GARGLE universe.

I'm unaware of any trans characters in Thor or any of the MCU stuff.

There is one bi character...which is the same for that character as in the comics.

I guess if one bi character out of a cast of a dozen or so is enough to offend you greatly...

38de9ea933036b54871fe1fe61cc87c0.gif

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that there was a lot of gay, woke trans bullshit in there. So I will no longer be watching any of the GARGLE universe. The new Dr. Strange had some mexican chick name America whos "parents" are two bull dyke lesbos from another planet but apparently still fighting the woke fight because she had to have 2 transwhatever flags pinned to der denim jacket. Which is why I go to see a movie for the wokeness. Great your moms munch rug, can you just do some cool cgi shit and let me escape from this Earths reality. fuck sake.
Even if the woke crap wasn't there (and it most certainly was there), the movie just wasn't very good. You didn't miss anything.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw this movie over the weekend...

I have been seeing these movies with my Mom, Sister and her son... I am the only one that really knows comics... My nephew is still young, but is enjoying the whole marvel universe and is getting into superheroes through the movies(not comics).

With that said, everyone but me enjoyed this movie better than Dr Strange... But i understand why... you all complained about the humour in this movie... but i think you all forget that these movies are meant to be enjoyed by all age groups... not just the adults... So yes, the jokes were cheesy and might have detracted from the movie... but the humour also made it easier and more fun to watch...

also, the sillyness decreased as the movie went on... and that actually makes sense to the story... as the beginning for the god killer was to show how the gods saw their followers as nothing... and for Thor, he was just coasting, he was an emotion-less almost depressed superhero who was basically fighting just to distract himself... Not until he met up with Portman, did he become more serious about being a hero again...

sure, the weapon humour was a bit much too... but again, the kids loved it... so, was it really that bad??

all in all, still shocked that they made 4 Thor movies... when thor movies have been universally the worst... and i think we were all looking forward to seeing Thor as a Guardian, so taking that away from us might have been a little dumb...

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched this yesterday and was ready to hate it... My expectations were at rock bottom so it was better than that. I didn't love it and likely will not watch it again, but it's not the worst MCU movie ever.

Waaaaaaaaay too many and too repetitive jokes, many of them unfunny, particularly when discussing serious issues (cancer jokes !!)... But I actually liked Jane Foster as Thor (which I expected to hate) and the overall story.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh... Very disappointed with this movie after how good Ragnarok was... This was pretty damn cringeworthy all the way through

Wasn't a fan of the story at all. Just felt too haphazardly strewn together. It was a shame too as I thought Gorr & the necrosword was a pretty badass antagonist.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh... Very disappointed with this movie after how good Ragnarok was... This was pretty damn cringeworthy all the way through

Wasn't a fan of the story at all. Just felt too haphazardly strewn together. It was a shame too as I thought Gorr & the necrosword was a pretty badass antagonist.
It was almost walk-out-worthy until the final act. The final battle was put together very well and I thought the humor with the kids was well placed.

But everything before that was absolutely horrible.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was almost walk-out-worthy until the final act. The final battle was put together very well and I thought the humor with the kids was well placed.

Agreed. I was having a really hard time stomaching the first 20-30 minutes alone

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cost me nothing to view and it looked really good in the IMAX form it was in.

Filled 2 hours.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the 3rd best of the 4 movies they’ve released.

No. The first 2 sucked. And had little humour. This one sucked. But kids loved it. Huge advantage vs the first 2. Thor 3 was the only good one. And even that you can argue had the worst villain.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I was having a really hard time stomaching the first 20-30 minutes alone

Man I'd actually say the opposite. The final fight with the little kids beating up monsters with stuffed animals was probably the dumbest thing I've seen in ANY Marvel movie. The rest of it wasn't great and had some cringeworthy moments but I about left during that final fight.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'd actually say the opposite. The final fight with the little kids beating up monsters with stuffed animals was probably the dumbest thing I've seen in ANY Marvel movie. The rest of it wasn't great and had some cringeworthy moments but I about left during that final fight.
There's no way any of those kids were going to die or be in serious trouble.