• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thor 4: Love and Thunder (2022)

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Thor 4 on first showing on opening day.

So mediocre. Worst MCU movie in a decade (since Iron Man 3, which I hate more because of the stupid Mandarin twist).

Taika Waititi is out of control and needs to be reined in. His previous Thor 3: Ragnarok was okay, but this movie has all the worst parts of that movie magnified. Gorr the God Butcher is wasted; his story was dark, complex, and epic in the comics, but in this movie, the only "butchering" (since he kills, what, one single god onscreen in the entire movie, with all other kills offscreen? so much for living up to his name) in the movie is what Taika Waititi does to Gorr's story. The source material is dark and epic, and Jane's story is supposed to be somber and sad, but it's impossible to take anything seriously because there's a joke every two minutes and the overall tone is overly comical.
^^^ this.

It made the movie,....... hokey, IMO.....

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the worst Thor movie by far. leave out the woke shit, and its still bad. putting the woke crap in it was the cherry on the hot mess it was.

It was just too hokey and unserious. Thor and the Dark World were the best. Ragnorak was a distant 3rd, but this movie made that one look way better than it was. Too many stupid jokes and the concept of jane was just dumb.

Sad. The Thor character deserves a better movie than this.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the worst Thor movie by far. leave out the woke shit, and its still bad. putting the woke crap in it was the cherry on the hot mess it was.

It was just too hokey and unserious. Thor and the Dark World were the best. Ragnorak was a distant 3rd, but this movie made that one look way better than it was. Too many stupid jokes and the concept of jane was just dumb.

Dude, Dark World is a god awful movie.

Not only is it one of if not the the worst Marvel movies(especially if you dont count Hulk) it is a truly bad movie in general.

Ragnorak absolute destroys that pile of shit.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked horrible in the movie. He has really let himself go. SMH.....

THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT. Zeus isn’t some untouchable roided out physical specimen of a man, he’s a has-been liquored up horndog that will fuck any man, woman, animal, object that he wants. He’s supposed to be a prissy douchebag who is only worshiped because he’s the “top” god of his people. Crowe played him like Zeus should be played.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Thor 4 on first showing on opening day.

So mediocre. Worst MCU movie in a decade (since Iron Man 3, which I hate more because of the stupid Mandarin twist).

Taika Waititi is out of control and needs to be reined in. His previous Thor 3: Ragnarok was okay, but this movie has all the worst parts of that movie magnified. Gorr the God Butcher is wasted; his story was dark, complex, and epic in the comics, but in this movie, the only "butchering" (since he kills, what, one single god onscreen in the entire movie, with all other kills offscreen? so much for living up to his name) in the movie is what Taika Waititi does to Gorr's story. The source material is dark and epic, and Jane's story is supposed to be somber and sad, but it's impossible to take anything seriously because there's a joke every two minutes and the overall tone is overly comical.

i havent seen it yet, but lets not pretend thor is one of the more exciting superheroes... personally i think it is a shame that he got 4 movies... yes, we get it that they nailed the actor, so they wanted to give him 4 movies... but really all the thor movies were below Marvel average, are we surprised this one didnt make the mark?? thats why i am kind of happy they went with a more comedic or hoky path... again, i didnt see it yet, so i will make my judgements later, but Lame superhero needs to entertain doesnt he??

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard disagree with the harsher reviews. The movie was solid. It's not as good as Ragnarok but its better than the other 2 Thor movies, definitely better than Dark World. The movie could have been a little longer though. 2 hours 20 mins instead of the 2 hrs we got would have been perfect. Could have gotten a little bit more Gorr and some more personal relationship building with Jane/Thor/Val. Seeing Val in the third movie and how she's the ruler of New Asgard, it kinda stunk seeing her shoehorned into this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT. Zeus isn’t some untouchable roided out physical specimen of a man, he’s a has-been liquored up horndog that will fuck any man, woman, animal, object that he wants. He’s supposed to be a prissy douchebag who is only worshiped because he’s the “top” god of his people. Crowe played him like Zeus should be played.

Yep. It was comic accurate but also classically accurate. In plenty of stories in myth, Zeus is a douche.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curious what the "woke" stuff was?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably that Valkyre was bi and Korg was gay(if rock people can be "gay"). Or perhaps the Lady Thor story.

Not sure how someone can be "gay" when there's only 1 gender. There's no female "rock creatures".

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Valkyrie, it would have been weird if she wasn't bi, since she is in the comics.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a let down imo. I agree with most of the criticism here.

It seemed short.
Didn't like the GOTG sections. Didn't fit in the plot well. Like it was from 2 separate movies.
Way too jokey of a movie. What Ragnarok did well, this one over did by a mile.
Not nearly enough of Bale's bad guy. More of him (his seriousness) could've saved the movie imo.

It's not as bad as Iron Man 3 or Dark World, but it was bad imo

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how someone can be "gay" when there's only 1 gender. There's no female "rock creatures".

There are female Kronans in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Korg talked in Thor 3: Ragnarok about his mother and her boyfriend.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are female Kronans in the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Korg talked in Thor 3: Ragnarok about his mother and her boyfriend.

Can only assume this was a retcon.

At any rate, since there are no "parts", gender identity is fairly meaningless.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only assume this was a retcon.

At any rate, since there are no "parts", gender identity is fairly meaningless.
So you don’t believe that this “retcon” was intended to bow to the current woke mob?

I am not asking if you are OK with it or not. I am just asking what your opinion is as to the intentions of the “retcon”.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don’t believe that this “retcon” was intended to bow to the current woke mob?

I am not asking if you are OK with it or not. I am just asking what your opinion is as to the intentions of the “retcon”.

In the movie, korg was clear that they are unisex.

I can't imagine the "woke mob" is clamoring for more unisex representation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the movie, korg was clear that they are unisex.

I can't imagine the "woke mob" is clamoring for more unisex representation.
They retcon’d his species into unisex. Do you believe this was a mistake, or intentional?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that there was a lot of gay, woke trans bullshit in there. So I will no longer be watching any of the GARGLE universe. The new Dr. Strange had some mexican chick name America whos "parents" are two bull dyke lesbos from another planet but apparently still fighting the woke fight because she had to have 2 transwhatever flags pinned to der denim jacket. Which is why I go to see a movie for the wokeness. Great your moms munch rug, can you just do some cool cgi shit and let me escape from this Earths reality. fuck sake.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They retcon’d his species into unisex. Do you believe this was a mistake, or intentional?

Your statement had to do with appealing to the "woke mob".

Who in the "woke mob" is pushing for unisex characters/species?