• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This year's cold-weather Super Bowl, argue the case for your team

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs
Disadvantage - um, they are are a Florida team and don't traditionally do well in cold weather.

Advantage - If the Bucs were to get to the Super Bowl, and that is a BIG IF, then it would have to be because of a strong defense and very good running game.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears would get more of a advantage than any other team. Weather in the 20's in Chicago is nothing new. Seeing that cold games usually are low scoring and turnover friendly than this fit perfect for the Bears.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears would get more of a advantage than any other team. Weather in the 20's in Chicago is nothing new. Seeing that cold games usually are low scoring and turnover friendly than this fit perfect for the Bears.

I would say the Bears, Packers, Patriots have it the worst and the Giants/Jets are a close follow. I dont know so much over in GB but we dont get nearly as much snow here in Chi during the season as they would in NE.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the Bears, Packers, Patriots have it the worst and the Giants/Jets are a close follow. I dont know so much over in GB but we dont get nearly as much snow here in Chi during the season as they would in NE.

If it's just a straight up cold game, I say the Bears is in serious business but snow could throw us off and slow the defense down. But I'm guessing the field in NJ won't be terrible like the one in Solider Field and they may take extra care of the field and not host college gms on it since it's the Super Bowl.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are saying your team is the Lions and you are going to win the SB than HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lame:

Don't be jealous, I already put $10k down on the 100-1 odds. I have already spent the money on a car that can drive on water as long as it hits the water at a high rate of speed and maintains that rate of speed. Steering has not been covered or what happens when I fall below that rate of speed. Just like my SB bet seems like a lock, insurance not necessary.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be jealous, I already put $10k down on the 100-1 odds. I have already spent the money on a car that can drive on water as long as it hits the water at a high rate of speed and maintains that rate of speed. Steering has not been covered or what happens when I fall below that rate of speed. Just like my SB bet seems like a lock, insurance not necessary.

Yawn

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's just a straight up cold game, I say the Bears is in serious business but snow could throw us off and slow the defense down. But I'm guessing the field in NJ won't be terrible like the one in Solider Field and they may take extra care of the field and not host college gms on it since it's the Super Bowl.

I just love the beginning of every year the announcers, the staff all talk about how good the field is looking and how much they did before hand to prepare for the season. Then by midseason if not sooner the field is already destroyed and ruined.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what football is. They should cut this pussy dome bullshit out and always have the game outdoors. It can rotate between warmer and colder areas, but football was meant to be played outdoors, not in climate control.

Couldn't agree more. Football is meant to be played outdoors in any weather.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the kickoff change either, but that has nothing to do with this. Changing minor rules here and there is nothing compared to changing the basis of the sport. Indoor vs outdoor is a huge difference compared to the kickoff being moved 5 yards.

I don't care if teams want their own field to be a dome, but the championship should be real football played in real weather. Every single time.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons
They play in a dome. If ATL does make it to the superb owl I'd hope it's against a team like Houston or somebody who plays in the heat as well

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the kickoff change either, but that has nothing to do with this. Changing minor rules here and there is nothing compared to changing the basis of the sport. Indoor vs outdoor is a huge difference compared to the kickoff being moved 5 yards.

I don't care if teams want their own field to be a dome, but the championship should be real football played in real weather. Every single time.

Thats where I am confused, on what real weather is? Because Super Bowls have been played outside many times in warm weather areas but to me that doesnt sound like real weather to you guys.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons
They play in a dome. If ATL does make it to the superb owl I'd hope it's against a team like Houston or somebody who plays in the heat as well

You dont have to worry about the Falcons making it haha.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats where I am confused, on what real weather is? Because Super Bowls have been played outside many times in warm weather areas but to me that doesnt sound like real weather to you guys.

Real weather == not in a dome

I specifically said it should rotate between nicer and "shittier" weather locations. Domes remove every aspect of nature, and should not be allowed for the championship.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons

Does ATL have an outdoors training facility? A cold winter in Atlanta and outdoor practices might help them get ready for a NJ Super Bowl

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does ATL have an outdoors training facility? A cold winter in Atlanta and outdoor practices might help them get ready for a NJ Super Bowl

Yeah they do where they do their preseason camp. I'm betting it will be either us, SF, or SEA in the Super Bowl so all 3 of those teams could use some cold winter workouts

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last time Chicago and New England played in the snow, the Patriots buried the Bears, 36-7. I don't see that changing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are changing away from a run first/def team. We are going finesse and who knows if we can be a good bad weather team now.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you are talking about just the cold for the Super Bowl than if the Bears made it they would have no disadvantages at all. Obviously that is a whole different story if you are talking about personal, schemes, etc but just based on weather The Bears would be one of the few teams that would have no problem in the cold.

Reminds me of the whipping the Patriots put on the Bears in the snow, Dec 12, 2010 ... in Chicago

Score: Patriots 36 Bears 7

Bears didn't show up in the snow at home.