• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This team would be 7-0 with DeSean Jackson

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJax has had four 100 yard games this year .... With 3 different QB's behind center ....dislike him if you want, understandable, but to believe he hasn't left a hole in your offense is absurd.

Most would say that yes, with Desean you have a 'sprint deep faster than about everyone else' threat, of which there are few in the league.

However, Jeremy Maclin is so far outgaining DeSean in yards per game (Maclin ranking 8th, Jackson 10th in the league), has twice as many TDs as Jackson, more 1st downs, and slightly more receptions. Add to that that Maclin is a far better blocker than DeSean - as are all of the other WR's on this team - and apparently DeSean's presence was deemed detrimental to team chemistry

So yes, we might miss Jackson's deep threat skill-set somewhat, but the hole he left does suddenly not seem so big anymore. In fact, it might be compensated for by the substitution(s) in his absence.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJax has had four 100 yard games this year .... With 3 different QB's behind center ....dislike him if you want, understandable, but to believe he hasn't left a hole in your offense is absurd.

Maclin had 187 yards and 2 TDs. That's better...

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Redskins ever have a critical game like a playoff game, you will get to experience the joy of saying "Where the hell is Jackson?" Over and over again.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Redskins ever have a critical game like a playoff game, you will get to experience the joy of saying "Where the hell is Jackson?" Over and over again.

Or going short OOB, rather than turn inside, get a 1st down and possibly take some contact, as he did last night...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy he's showing up so far for us this year. Hail:yahoo:

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fail :yahoo:

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJax brought double coverage which opened up Coop.... Mac doesn't do that. Of course on paper this team would be better with DJax. That should be a given.

His being a nutjob is the reason we don't want him here.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to have both Mac and Djax + Matthews + Ertz.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to have both Mac and Djax + Matthews + Ertz.

Instead of Djax I would rather have a receiver with the abilities of someone like Dez Bryant. This offense would be brutally unstoppable then.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of Djax I would rather have a receiver with the abilities of someone like Dez Bryant. This offense would be brutally unstoppable then.

A little late, but there was a WR in Tampa we could have used.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless its a 5 yard slant or screen pass, Nick Foles doesn't have the arm strength to get Jackson the ball. That's why last season he wanted Vick in there. So they're record would be the same

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where did the looney op go.......jackson is not a safety net, hes a deep ball threat...........safety nets are your go to guys high volume possession receivers.......

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless its a 5 yard slant or screen pass, Nick Foles doesn't have the arm strength to get Jackson the ball. That's why last season he wanted Vick in there. So they're record would be the same

Interesting... I wonder why Jackson's biggest games were with Foles

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most would say that yes, with Desean you have a 'sprint deep faster than about everyone else' threat, of which there are few in the league.

However, Jeremy Maclin is so far outgaining DeSean in yards per game (Maclin ranking 8th, Jackson 10th in the league), has twice as many TDs as Jackson, more 1st downs, and slightly more receptions. Add to that that Maclin is a far better blocker than DeSean - as are all of the other WR's on this team - and apparently DeSean's presence was deemed detrimental to team chemistry

So yes, we might miss Jackson's deep threat skill-set somewhat, but the hole he left does suddenly not seem so big anymore. In fact, it might be compensated for by the substitution(s) in his absence.

I don't see the Maclin vs Djac comparison. Why does it have to be "OR" instead of "AND?" We are allowed to have more than 1 good WR. And I'm still not sold on Maclin, personally. He is having a good season, but honestly, what other WR on the team is doing much?? Foles has to depend on him or go to RB or TE. Maclin is a possession receiver right now - while Djac is a deep threat. I would prefer to have both. I think most hoped Huff would become that. Not looking so good. I like the Matthews pickup and think he will get better. I think he will turn into a better possession receiver than Maclin. But we are still in need of a true elite #1. I just wished we had found someone as good "before" letting go of djac. I still think it was an issue of Chip having a college mentality that he doesn't want to put up with anyone and is use to a higher turnover - which will kill you in the NFL. But it's spilt milk now. But anyone that doesn't think Djac would make the team better and make Foles look better than he has so far is blind, imho.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting... I wonder why Jackson's biggest games were with Foles

Screen passes or 10 yard plays that Jackson ran the rest of the way.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Maclin vs Djac comparison. Why does it have to be "OR" instead of "AND?" We are allowed to have more than 1 good WR. .

Management and players will never say so, but I believe this was always an "OR" choice because Maclin was (and will be again) a Free Agent. Maclin simply wasn't going to sign here if DJAX stayed. You read some of the quotes from Maclin on DJAX and its clear they weren't buddies off the field.

But more importantly, Maclin desires to be and get paid like a number one receiver. He believes (and is proving it this year) that he is that kind of guy. Maclin did not want to sign a prove it sort of deal here if DJAX was on the roster as he likely would not have gotten the targets needed to put up the sort of numbers needed to earn a huge contract.

So management was left with an "OR" decision and chose the cheaper option, as well as the better person/leader in the locker room. It is a tough decision as they were choosing a guy coming off an injury with no history in this system over a proven talent, but arguably more of an injury risk due to his size and more of a risk of doing something stupid. Plus they liked the fact that Maclin is bigger and willing and capable of running all the routes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. No question about it. This team would fucking rock with Desean out there and Maclin doing his thing on the other side. Chip blew it.