• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is why I detest notre dame

GarnetandBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this was a friend of mine's fb status after ND lost

"Why don't Notre Dame and Penn State have national championships in my lifetime? They both deserve it more than the University of Spoiled Children, Thug U Miami, and every single worthless cheating team in the SEC. Rooting for teams that deserve to win gets you nothing but a strong urge to vomit in disappointment every Saturday. I hate football."

id be happy if they lost every week

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Why don't Notre Dame and Penn State have national championships in my lifetime? They both deserve it more than the University of Spoiled Children, Thug U Miami, and every single worthless cheating team in the SEC. Rooting for teams that deserve to win gets you nothing but a strong urge to vomit in disappointment every Saturday. I hate football."

"Deserve" to win?

canefangary

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

tell your friend he takes this to serious

GarnetandBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ugh typical BS from them. theyve not been relevant for yrs so they talk about the past and championships won 30 years before they were born. join a conference you pussies join the sec or big 10 and go 4 and 8 every yr. better yet join the big east you cant even beat their middle level team

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought teams with the higher score deserved to win

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, ND and PSU deserve to win just like the Yankees deserve it. Only difference is it's easier to buy the championship in MLB than in CFB (Auburn not included).

GarnetandBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
as predicted, this noob started talking about how carolina never won a conference and notre dames won all this shit back in 1970. like how bout you man up and at least join a conference. money loving whores

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell your friend he's a fag because he roots for ND and also sucks cock

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To summarize

One of the big reasons CFB isn't popular in the Northeast is that they aren't lowlifes willing to take every advantage to win. Between Syracuse, ND, BC and PSU, none of them partake in:

1. Oversigning
2. Steroids
3. Questionable recruit tactics
4. Recruiting braindead idiots
5. Recruiting expelled players

For some reason, the north values the school, where as the south seems quite content with all of their God awful academic rankings.

And as for the man up and join a conference line...congrats on playing an easier schedule than UPenn?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look, just because one ND fan is an idiot doesn't mean they all are. What you are doing is stereotyping! And that's terrible.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To summarize

One of the big reasons CFB isn't popular in the Northeast is that they aren't lowlifes willing to take every advantage to win. Between Syracuse, ND, BC and PSU, none of them partake in:

1. Oversigning
2. Steroids

For some reason, the north values the school, where as the south seems quite content with all of their God awful academic rankings.

And as for the man up and join a conference line...congrats on playing an easier schedule than UPenn?

So to you South=Everywhere that's not the NE? Way to generalize there.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida fits into #3 and #4, and is probably in #2 as well.

This isn't about Florida, this is about how your entire fan base feels entitled due to accomplishments from the past. Stop being butt hurt and trying to cast stones at other programs just because they are successful and ND isn't. At least our program doesn't let kids die while filming practice.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This isn't about Florida, this is about how your entire fan base feels entitled due to accomplishments from the past. Stop being butt hurt and trying to cast stones at other programs just because they are successful and ND isn't. At least our program doesn't let kids die while filming practice.

It's not the past.

It's the same reason why the South doesn't care about the MLB. Braves and Rays fans constantly whine about how they are more deserving teams, and if they had an equal payroll, they would crush the Yankees/Sox.

Teams in the northeast suffer the same disadvantage in CFB. If Saban started cutting 10 players a year up here, he'd be gone. If Meyer had his disciplinary problems up here, he'd be gone. Half of the SECs recruits can't even be touched with a 10 foot pole thanks to their GPA/SAT scores. Not to mention that one hint of a "hostess" program would get half of the administration canned.

The consensus view is that these advantages, are giving teams that don't give a damn about anything but the football team a huge edge.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the media that thinks Notre Dame "deserves" a NT...and some of the fans. There are good football fans amongst the Irish. And there are complete idiots in the SEC and ACC fanbases, good ones as well.

And look. IrishFutbol has a point about the South, and there's really no questioning it. Why don't more kids up in New York City, Chicago...etc. play football? Because first of all, participating in anything related to the high-school isn't really a popular notion...even with football. And they don't see it as a way out, because the schools put more pressure on them to be students in the North.

On top of that, people in most places in the North don't make as many exceptions for prep and collegiate athletes. High-Schools give a shit if they show up to class with at least a notebook, or if they fail a piss test. There's still a lot of basketball players, but it's also a more popular sport in the cities. It's accepted as part of life the way football is down south. People do make exceptions for the ballers, and even when they don't, you don't need 60 guys on the roster to have a good team in basketball....

It isn't even just one culture that feels that way, either. Go to any neighborhood in New York, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Chicago, Boston...and ask how many people play for, or go to watch the high-school teams. Penn State and Ohio State have talent because their states are more populated and prep football is a little more popular. But even then, the recruiting hotbeds are outside the major cities. Unlike Miami, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans.....

You can knock Notre Dame. You can knock the Northeast. But the South has their own demons. Accept reality.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To summarize

1. Oversigning
2. Steroids

Welcome to SportsHoopla, and I hope you stick around. How does it feel to be irrelevent yet still get 30% of espn's air time? That's a great recruiting tool. Actually, I don't know that espn could do more for the institution of Notre Dame outside of getting their network contract from NBC to up the exposure. Same can be said for the NCAA in their auto-BCS bid.

Why isn't all this assistance translating into success on the football field?

I'm prepared for my heaping dose of Notre Dame/Michigan this week even though ND has effectively been eliminated from the NCG this year with a home loss to USF.
Maybe the dosage will slacken off once the Irish are effectively eliminated from their liberal auto-BCS bid?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, just because one ND fan is an idiot doesn't mean they all are. What you are doing is stereotyping! And that's terrible.

Shame on GarnetandBlack for not cleaning his heaping plate of Notre Dame football with a smile this week. Even 'The Ol' Ball Coach' can't compete for airtime.

"Play Like a Champion"

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the past.

It's the same reason why the South doesn't care about the MLB. Braves and Rays fans constantly whine about how they are more deserving teams, and if they had an equal payroll, they would crush the Yankees/Sox.

Teams in the northeast suffer the same disadvantage in CFB. If Saban started cutting 10 players a year up here, he'd be gone. If Meyer had his disciplinary problems up here, he'd be gone. Half of the SECs recruits can't even be touched with a 10 foot pole thanks to their GPA/SAT scores. Not to mention that one hint of a "hostess" program would get half of the administration canned.

The consensus view is that these advantages, are giving teams that don't give a damn about anything but the football team a huge edge.

LMAO..Notre Dame has had multiple 'highly rated' recruiting classes. Are you saying Scout and Rivals are boosting Irish recruit rankings just because they signed with Notre Dame? That they're really 2-3 stars and not 4 and 5 stars?

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the past.

But letting people die during a practice is ok? How about having a player on your team with multiple DUI's continue to play. And you want to talk about disciplinary problems.

You keep saying "south" when its teams in every region of the country having success while ND, even with their own BCS auto bid, their own national tv contract, are still irrelevant.

Question: Is Oregon the south? Is Boise St the south? Is Ohio St, Wisconsin the south? What about USCw? Washington, Colorado, Nebraska? All teams who have played for or won national championships/BCS bowls that are NOT in the south.

And I hate to say it, when Kelly fails at ND, and he will, your next coach will be Urban Meyer.