• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is awesome hoop heads. Which gen wins?

Which gen wins a playoff?

• Total voters

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq/Duncan is just way too much for Malone/McHale
That leads the 2000s to an easy victory.

Shaq frustrates me more than any other play.
His peak was better than anybody in history. But, he was just too lazy to play peak years. He coasted half-assed on his size and talent alone for 50% of his career. He would be the #1/#1 player of all time if he actually bothered to play hard. But, for this poll, you get the the dominant era Shaq. That is a guy at his best outweighing Moses by 100 lbs.

Duncan is just a better player than McHale. He is the best ever at that position.
McHale is very crafty. That skill might work against a knucklehead player, but Duncan is the least likely to be a victim of fundamentals. It is a bad draw for McHale to play against a boring cerebral Duncan at his peak.

And Magic playing SG is a bad fit. He is better off playing center/PF if he doesnt play PG. He is not a good shooter or perimeter defender. But, Isiaah cannot play any other position. So, Magic gets stuck playing the one position he sucks at playing. Magic can play PG, PF, and C well. He is weak as a wing shooter/slasher.
Kobe actually wins that battle as strange as it sounds to say it.
Again can't argue with these good points

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the 3 championships and 3 MVP's Larry. Yes I liked the 80's.

Well hopefully Lebrons' decline wont be as dramatic as Bird's. He had his 2 best seasons then he dropped dramatically with points. Yes, MVP's are great. Lebron has 4 MVP's and 2 Finals' MVP's and he is still going stronger than ever.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq/Duncan is just way too much for Malone/McHale
That leads the 2000s to an easy victory.
Malone would be able to score on Shaq and probably draw on rebounds with him. Shaq's offensive peak was better than anybody in history but its not like the whole game is based around that premise. Likewise, McHale shot 60%+ from the floor on a regular basis while Duncan is the better rebounder and Duncan would be able to score on Shaq. The two matchups actually mirror each other except the 00s have slightly better players.

And Magic playing SG is a bad fit. He is better off playing center/PF if he doesnt play PG. He is not a good shooter or perimeter defender. But, Isiaah cannot play any other position. So, Magic gets stuck playing the one position he sucks at playing. Magic can play PG, PF, and C well. He is weak as a wing shooter/slasher.
Kobe actually wins that battle as strange as it sounds to say it.
I think Magic improved his perimeter game as he got older and you could cherry pick some seasons out if you want where Magic would work. I do think you have a point that it might not be ideal. I think the 80s team would have to lean on Thomas against Iverson. I might be overrating Thomas' ability to dominate that matchup just because of the things he did in the playoffs.

The big advantage the 80s team would have over the 00s team is passing. Just guessing here but Magic is probably the best passer of all time and Thomas is probably in the top 10. Kobe and sometime AI were black holes.

The big advantage of the 00s team is physicality. Shaq, Duncan and Lebron could wear anyone down in 7 games.

I think Im just more upset with people overrating Iverson. I went on a Sixers ranking site a week ago and they had Iverson with the most votes as best Sixers player of all time. Just silly. I could certainly see the 00s team winning. I'm generally under the philosophy that the game evolves via co-evolution because players learn, copy and compete with other players.

edit - giving Shaq a bit more credit
second edit - changing my vote to 00s

Last edited:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pip v. Chuck

What it really comes down to is what you are looking for in this player. O or D. O, then it is Chuck. D, Pip without question. Balance, the numbers say Chuck. Value over replacement player, win shares, box plus/minus.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully Lebrons' decline wont be as dramatic as Bird's. He had his 2 best seasons then he dropped dramatically with points. Yes, MVP's are great. Lebron has 4 MVP's and 2 Finals' MVP's and he is still going stronger than ever.
Da White man body breaks down quicker than da black man body.

*Hawt take is fyre*

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Stockton and Malone both on the 90's team. 2 Jazz players with zero Rings that got owned by who?

Ok

Little boy, you still don't get it :L

How many times does it have to be pointed out to you that it's about INDIVIDUAL players, not how well they did on their team.

How many MVPs does Pippen have compared to Malone or Barkley?

How many all-star games does he have compared to the others?

How is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey shaq daddy.. Go watch the fucking video: Pippen shuts down Barkley, while lighting it up. Listen to what Chuck Daley says about Pippen at the in 1995. Yeah the guy who coached the Dream team.

Did you see Barkley guarding Pipp? No because he can't.

I get individual accomplishments made the 5 guys on each decade team. :idea: I'm just saying no to the PG on the 90's and No to 2 Utah guys on the team and no to Chuck at the 3 on the 90s team.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey shaqdaddy, who has a better defensive win share and defensive box plus/minus? Chuck or Pip?

Hey husker, how many MVPs does pippen have?

How many all-star selections? Who had a better offensive game?

Who is generally considered the better player?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey shaq daddy.. Go watch the fucking video: Pippen shuts down Barkley, while lighting it up. Listen to what Chuck Daley says about Pippen at the in 1995. Yeah the guy who coached the Dream team.

Did you see Barkley guarding Pipp? No because he can't.

I get individual accomplishments made the 5 guys on each decade team. :idea: I'm just saying no to the PG on the 90's and No to 2 Utah guys on the team and no to Chuck at the 3 on the 90s team.

Three front court players, two back court. Not that hard to figure it out.

Not a single person with an IQ over 12 would say pippen was a better front court player over Barkley. Not one!

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey shaqdaddy, how many all defensive teams was chuck on?

Ah right because better defence means better players. Probably why Mutombo, Ben Wallace and dwight howard are considered better players than Shaq, Kareem and David Robinson, right?:L

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey husker, how many MVPs does pippen have?

How many all-star selections? Who had a better offensive game?

Who is generally considered the better player?

You mean that charity MVP that Chuck got from Jordan fatigue?

But seriously, did you not read my post and just faced palmed it because, I don't know, you have comprehension issues? I clearly stated that Chuck was a better all around player. Are you sad that it is fact that Pippen was better defensively?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because these posts seems to imply that you think Pippen was the better overall player.

Well done :clap:

Stick to college ball, son!
Maybe you are unfamiliar with the word "defensive". Here you go.

de·fen·sive
dəˈfensiv/
adjective
1. used or intended to defend or protect.
"troops in defensive positions"

You are welcome, little guy...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you are unfamiliar with the word "defensive". Here you go.

de·fen·sive
dəˈfensiv/
adjective
1. used or intended to defend or protect.
"troops in defensive positions"

You are welcome, little guy...

I don't think a single person said chuck was a better defensive player than pippen. Overall barkley is miles ahead though.

So why bring defensive teams and defensive win shares up?

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a single person said chuck was a better defensive player than pippen. Overall barkley is miles ahead though.

So why bring defensive teams and defensive win shares up?
So you clearly didn't read my original post.

What I said was that it depended on what you wanted from this player on this team. A scorer or a stopper.

Chuck = scorer. Pip = stopper. Obviously both of them can play on each end of the floor. It just depends on how you are building that team. If you are looking for more offense or a more balanced player, then Chuck all day every day. But that '90's team has MJ, Dream, and Malone. Lots of scoring there. So do you want another strong offense guy on the floor or do you want a guy outh there that can score if need be but has lock down D?