• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is awesome hoop heads. Which gen wins?

Which gen wins a playoff?

• Total voters

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're claiming Pippen deserves to be on a decades starting 5 team because he happened to be #2 on the Bulls championships team?

This is about individual players, and like I said earlier, both Malone and Stockton would get picked over Pippen pretty much all the time...

unless you're a nostalgic Bulls fan!

I suppose you're going to say Luc Longley is better than Pau Gasol too! :rolleyes2:

First off, that #2 guy helped Chicago to 6 titles in 10 years during the 90s.

2nd, This entire game of basketball is about a team. Indivduals don't make a team - ask Shaq and Kobe before Flip Jackson came to LA. And if you knew anything about bball, it's about balanced scoring & ball movement and getting STOPS. If the other team cannot score, then you win.

The Glove
Jordan
Pippen
Mailman
Dream

That's a sick team. Physically, Defensively and offensively pretty stout too.

Longley better than Gasol? No one with half a brain would think that.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90s has 2 Power Forwards and no outside shooting. MJ and the Dream on a team should be rockstar with a bunch of role players but thats a mess imo.

00s problem is Iverson. Sticks out like a sore thumb. The rest of that team is nails. JKidd and Nash would fit the team a lot better and both had better primes.

10s...They'd be competitive but they'd get beaten down low. This team would be better than people think but the overall team defense wouldn't be good enough for this conversation.

That 80s team is probably the best built all around. Passer guard, Penetrater Guard, 3pt shooter, Rebounder, Post guy.

That 60s team is just silly good but the game is different now.

The answer should be 00s but its built wrong. So 80s for me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd, This entire game of basketball is about a team. Indivduals don't make a team - ask Shaq and Kobe before Flip Jackson came to LA. And if you knew anything about bball, it's about balanced scoring & ball movement and getting STOPS. If the other team cannot score, then you win.

The Glove
Jordan
Pippen
Mailman
Dream

So now Pippen is better than Barkley?
I bet you thought the all-time Bulls team would beat the all-time Lakers team too, right?

Because Pippen won 6 titles with Jordan :L

You just don't get it! This isn't about who would make the all-decade team better. You don't get to pick and replace players in this line up. The roster has been made of the best 5 players of that decade and Pippen wasn't one of them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So comparing the two 10-man possible rosters (00's and 80's):

2000's

PG Paul
SG Wade
SF Lebron
PF Durant
C Howard

PG Westbrook
SG/PG Harden
SF Melo
PF Bosh
C Yao

1980's

PG Stockton
SG MJ
SF Pippen
PF Malone
C Hakeem

PG Thomas
SG Drexler
SF Wilkins
PF Barkley
C Robinson

I have to go with the 1980's. More depth, better all around but not in a landslide.

*Payton is actually part of the 1990's...1st season in 90-91

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So comparing the two 10-man possible rosters (00's and 80's):

2000's

PG Paul
SG Wade
SF Lebron
PF Durant
C Howard

PG Westbrook
SG/PG Harden
SF Melo
PF Bosh
C Yao

1980's

PG Stockton
SG MJ
SF Pippen
PF Malone
C Hakeem

PG Thomas
SG Drexler
SF Wilkins
PF Barkley
C Robinson

I have to go with the 1980's. More depth, better all around but not in a landslide.

*Payton is actually part of the 1990's...1st season in 90-91

You mean 90s... right?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you thought the all-time Bulls team would beat the all-time Lakers team too, right?

You just don't get it! This isn't about who would make the all-decade team better. You don't get to pick and replace players in this line up. The roster has been made of the best 5 players of that decade and Pippen wasn't one of them.

So you are saying Jordan dominate the Jazz with those 2 incredible individuals Malone and Stockton by himself? Ron Harper, Kukoc, Pipp, Longley, Rodman and the gang all did nothing?

Ok yeah. He won 6 titles by himself. :idea:

And Pipp averaging 19/6/6/2 while being on NBA first team defense is because of Mike too.

Yeah I got it. I got you were a water boy and I doubt u ever laced them up at all.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Jordan beat the Lakers in 91 by himself in 5 games right? All while Pipp guarded Magic.

Please man. Quit being a tool

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was the one who gave the edge to the Lakers. My first NBA game was at the old forum man. Cooper worthy Rambis Magic Kareem Scott. But I wouldn't bet against MJ and Pippen.

Only team ever to have 3 guys on same team win all NBA 1st team defense.

Yeah they would shut people the fuck down son. Go back and watch

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and this just in...

Defense wins championships for all u water boys in the house.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley was dam good too. But I would take Pipp at the 3 over Charles. Pipp played long and could guard anyone. He was waay quicker than Charles. Better jumper too, better dribbler. I can keep going

Go to you tube
Hit Pippen Barkley and watch

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley was dam good too. But I would take Pipp at the 3 over Charles. Pipp played long and could guard anyone. He was waay quicker than Charles. Better jumper too, better dribbler. I can keep going

Go to you tube

You really aren't the smartest kid in your class, are you?

If you paid attention, or actually knew a damn thing about basketball you would see that the formats those era roster are made up of are the same format the all-star game get picked: three front court players and two back court. Not by traditional position.

By that logic there are a ton of players who would beat pippen; Malone and Barkley being miles ahead of him. Hell, Shawn Kemp would make it before pippen would.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I got it. I got you were a water boy and I doubt u ever laced them up at all.

So we've come to the part where you can't come up with anything else so you've decided that because I tearing your beloved pippen down, I've never played ball before.

Well done, kid you won this round :thumb: Tell your friends when school starts again!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2000s wins easily based on the original poll.
I am not sure why everyone decided to change it to technicalities of when someone was drafted.
Stick with the poll.

The 2000s SHAQ was the most dominant player arguably ever. (sure he was fat and lazy other years but my god nobody was more scary than 2000-2004 shaq).
The 2000s DUNCAN made him the greatest PF of all time,
The 2000s LEBRON was only the 2nd or 1st best SF of all time.
The 2000s KOBE was probably a top 3 all time shooting guard.
The only weakness is Iverson....but he is still faster and more athletic than every other PG from the other decades.

The 2000s win easily.

They have dominant offensive firepower and incredible alltime defensive stoppers as well.
Plus everyone is playing their natural position.
Some of those other teams have laughably bad defensive players....or guys stuck playing the wrong position.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Glove
Jordan
Pippen
Mailman
Dream

You are high having Pippen over Barkley.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go to you tube
Pippen a better shooter than Chuck?????

:spit:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have people forgot or just not old enough to realize what Chuck could do on a basketball court?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All knotted up between the 80's and the 00's. Tie breaker we revert to best music of each generation. 80's wins that one in a landslide.:yes:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2000s wins easily based on the original poll.
I am not sure why everyone decided to change it to technicalities of when someone was drafted.
Stick with the poll.

The 2000s SHAQ was the most dominant player arguably ever. (sure he was fat and lazy other years but my god nobody was more scary than 2000-2004 shaq).
The 2000s DUNCAN made him the greatest PF of all time,
The 2000s LEBRON was only the 2nd or 1st best SF of all time.
The 2000s KOBE was probably a top 3 all time shooting guard.
The only weakness is Iverson....but he is still faster and more athletic than every other PG from the other decades.
Iverson is a pretty big weakness. Subpar/bad on defense, 40-42% shooter and was a volume usage player that was often a SG but undersized. He has no business being on that team of otherwise ideal players.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct to a certain degree. However - you neglect to point out that some of these guys are not as fundamentally sounds as elite players from the past due to a number of reasons.

Sure - perhaps the majority of players from the current era are probably better than the majority of players from the past. However - we are only talking about a handful of players in this case. Do you honestly believe that players such as Bird, Magic, Jordan, Wilt and Kareem could not compete and do very, very well in this era?

Case by case.

Kareem and Wilt were playing against guys who were often a half a foot shorter than them and basketball wasn't very popular back then. I do agree that from the 80s on, they could hang and win.