• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is awesome hoop heads. Which gen wins?

Which gen wins a playoff?

• Total voters

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey shaq daddy.. Go watch the fucking video: Pippen shuts down Barkley, while lighting it up. Listen to what Chuck Daley says about Pippen at the in 1995. Yeah the guy who coached the Dream team.

Did you see Barkley guarding Pipp? No because he can't.

I get individual accomplishments made the 5 guys on each decade team. :idea: I'm just saying no to the PG on the 90's and No to 2 Utah guys on the team and no to Chuck at the 3 on the 90s team.

You do understand in that 95 Charles was 32 though and past his prime while Pippen was in his.
For O, I take Barkley
For D, I take Pippen

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you clearly didn't read my original post.

What I said was that it depended on what you wanted from this player on this team. A scorer or a stopper.

Chuck = scorer. Pip = stopper. Obviously both of them can play on each end of the floor. It just depends on how you are building that team. If you are looking for more offense or a more balanced player, then Chuck all day every day. But that '90's team has MJ, Dream, and Malone. Lots of scoring there. So do you want another strong offense guy on the floor or do you want a guy outh there that can score if need be but has lock down D?

The list was comprised of best over-all players from that era though, that's why Stockton beats the Glove too. Nobody is questioning your reasoning at all but whoever made that all-decade team picked the best three front court guys and the best two back court.

Scottie Pippen was not amongst the best overall front court players in an era when Bigs thrived!

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list was comprised of best over-all players from that era though, that's why Stockton beats the Glove too. Nobody is questioning your reasoning at all but whoever made that all-decade team picked the best three front court guys and the best two back court.

Scottie Pippen was not amongst the best overall front court players in an era when Bigs thrived!
I would like to know how he arrived at the list. Not saying wrong but curious.

In my opinion and we may be able to figure out which team would win this way is to go down the list of career win shares per 48, pick out the players from each position in each decade and the highest cumulative score would win.

Same could be done to see if each of these teams assembled is truly the best for the decade.

Last edited:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah right because better defence means better players. Probably why Mutombo, Ben Wallace and dwight howard are considered better players than Shaq, Kareem and David Robinson, right?:L

You are comparing Pippen to Centers to make your case huh? Boy you are some waterboy. He averaged 19/6/6/2 as a SF during the titles and had 8 all 1st team defense ALL while not taking near the shots of MJ. Yes 1 bad ass robin/sidekick he was.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So comparing the two 10-man possible rosters (00's and 80's):

2000's

PG Paul
SG Wade
SF Lebron
PF Durant
C Howard

PG Westbrook
SG/PG Harden
SF Melo
PF Bosh
C Yao

1980's

PG Stockton
SG MJ
SF Pippen
PF Malone
C Hakeem

PG Thomas
SG Drexler
SF Wilkins
PF Barkley
C Robinson

I have to go with the 1980's. More depth, better all around but not in a landslide.

*Payton is actually part of the 1990's...1st season in 90-91

Where is Bird ? Even Pippen's and Nique's moms will tell you they weren't as good as Bird.

Case by case.

Kareem and Wilt were playing against guys who were often a half a foot shorter than them and basketball wasn't very popular back then. I do agree that from the 80s on, they could hang and win.

Kareem played the entire 80s and prime Kareem wasn't as good as prime Wilt anyway. Wilt was bigger, stronger, faster... just better. The only thing Kareem had on him was he was a better at the FT line.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because these posts seems to imply that you think Pippen was the better overall player.

Well done :clap:

Stick to college ball, son!

Let's just breakdown "better overall player here"

Dribbling - Pippen
Scorer - I'll let you have Barkley
Defender - Pippen
Passing - Pippen
Athletic - Pippen
Steals - Pippen
Rebounder - Barkley
Quickness - Pippen
Strength - Barkley, but Pippen fronted him in the post and was taller than Chuck.

A Small forward is usually one of the most athletic players on the floor.
Miles ahead huh? 19/6/6/2 and 8 1st team defensive titles, but Chuck is miles better. :bullshit:

A monkey can watch you tube. But I guess you want to stay in denial. Pippen owned Barkley head to head, he was a nightmare match up for Chuck. 8 1st team defense titles means Pipp was a nightmare for anyone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are comparing Pippen to Centers to make your case huh? Boy you are some waterboy. He averaged 19/6/6/2 as a SF during the titles and had 8 all 1st team defense ALL while not taking near the shots of MJ. Yes 1 bad ass robin/sidekick he was.

Are you drunk right now? I was pointing out that good defence doesn't necessarily make a good overall player. But if you had put the tequila down earlier you would have understood that.

And the teams aren't made of "sidekicks" :L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you drunk right now? I was pointing out that good defence doesn't necessarily make a good overall player. But if you had put the tequila down earlier you would have understood that.

And the teams aren't made of "sidekicks" :L

All while you keep misspelling defense.

Anyone playing on Jordan's team is a sidekick. They don't get to take as many shots. Do you do math like you spell? You do realize it's hard to score 20+ a game if you are taking 15-17 shots right, ALL while MJ is taking 25.

Let me ask you.. Who was the sidekick with Shaq and Kobe? lol

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic and Bird, in their prime, on the same team?

Good luck playing them

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just breakdown "better overall player here"

Dribbling - Pippen
Scorer - I'll let you have Barkley
Defender - Pippen
Passing - Pippen
Athletic - Pippen
Steals - Pippen
Rebounder - Barkley
Quickness - Pippen
Strength - Barkley, but Pippen fronted him in the post and was taller than Chuck.

A Small forward is usually one of the most athletic players on the floor.
Miles ahead huh? 19/6/6/2 and 8 1st team defensive titles, but Chuck is miles better. :bullshit:

A monkey can watch you tube. But I guess you want to stay in denial. Pippen owned Barkley head to head, he was a nightmare match up for Chuck. 8 1st team defense titles means Pipp was a nightmare for anyone.

Since you probably spent a good hour researching facts on google, here's a new little challenge for you: Post a poll on SportsHoopla to see who the best overall player was and prepare to be a little surprised!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kobe was young, Shaq? When Shaq got older, Kobe?

But it's a balance man. The point is you need a few great players to win, especially back then in the 90s. You said so yourself.. Stockton and Malone - great players but WHO BEAT THEIR ASS? Pippen was a great defensive player and a dam good offensive player. You average 19/6/6 and that's pretty stout while the greatest player ever's is throwing up 25 shots a game.

People who under estimate what Pippen did do not realize the impact of a player he was.

How many all star MVPs did Charles win? lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you probably spent a good hour researching facts on google, here's a new little challenge for you: Post a poll on SportsHoopla to see who the best overall player was and prepare to be a little surprised!

Sorry I don't need waterboys on the SportsHoopla like you that think Jordan did everything to confirm what I saw in the 90s my man.

6 titles and no team in the history of the NBA did what they did. :nod: You don't do that by yourself. Period

Go watch Pippen "shutting down Barkley" on you tube. Funny thing really... Type in Pippen Barkley on you tube and nothing but 1 block that Charles had on Pipp. The rest? LOL

And playing Barkley at the 3? That's even funnier.

Last edited:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case by case.

Kareem and Wilt were playing against guys who were often a half a foot shorter than them and basketball wasn't very popular back then. I do agree that from the 80s on, they could hang and win.

Perhaps, but I would bet big money that either Wilt or Kareem could compete against guys from any era (Kareem kind of did). You are somewhat correct about their competition (although again Kareem's career spanned multiple eras). However - also remember that there are pretty much no true centers at this time so I don't see why either would have much of an issue dominating at this time (if they were in their primes).

Also - please identify anyone from any era who could stop the sky hook.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So quick cursory research on the posted all decade teams by way of win shares per 48.

'10 sample size is too small
'60 that stat doesn't exist
'70 that stat only goes through half the decade (and I don't recognize half of them. :L I know.)

So that leaves only '80, '90, and '00

'90 is 1.0575. Interestingly if you sub David Robinson(.2502) for Dream(.1767), it jumps to 1.1513 and with that sub not one player would be under.2053 (Malone).

'80 is .7822 but it is missing Isiah as this stat is not available for him.:noidea: But even if it were higher than MJ's :pound: who has the highest at .2505, the '80 team wouldn't catch the '90 team.

'00 is .8366 but again a players number is missing (Iverson :noidea:). But again his would have to be as high as MJ's:lol: for the '00 team to catch the '90 team.

There you have it. Of the three, according to win shares per 48 it is the '90 team and it ain't even close.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I don't need waterboys on the SportsHoopla like you that think Jordan did everything to confirm what I saw in the 90s my man.

6 titles and no team in the history of the NBA did what they did. :nod:

Go watch Pippen "shutting down Barkley" on you tube. Funny thing really... Type in Pippen Barkley on you tube and nothing but 1 block that Charles had on Pipp. The rest? LOL

And playing Barkley at the 3? That's even funnier.

Did you even read this:

You do understand in that 95 Charles was 32 though and past his prime while Pippen was in his.

And who said Barkley was at the 3?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even read this:

And who said Barkley was at the 3?

Pippen was 31 during the 1995 season. Charles was 32. Boo firkin hoo. Keep looking for anything. LOL

And Your "individual"/all decade team that's who. The clown who made up these teams we are talking about has Barkley at the 3. Who's else is gonna play the 3?? Stockton? Malone?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched the Pippen Barkley you tube video yet? :lol: