• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thinking about proposing this trade

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My players:
Ray Rice
Aaron Dobson

For

His players:
Eric Decker
Danny Woodhead

Thoughts?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly favors you quite a bit. I would be surprised if someone bit on that though.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My players:
Ray Rice
Aaron Dobson

For

His players:
Eric Decker
Danny Woodhead

Thoughts?

You can propose it. If it is accepted I believe that you win big. Rice is not looking good and in spite of his recent success, Dobson's ability to catch is still in question. I think you upgrade both at WR and RB, particularly if this is PPR.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of my guys have been bench players for the majority of the season. I have only started them on bye weeks or when I had an injury. The trade will help my depth at the WR position, and it will help him at the RB position desperately.

My team looks like this:
QB: Russell Wilson
WR: AJ Green, Wes Welker, TY Hilton, Aaron Dobson
RB: CJ Spiller, Pierre Thomas, Ray Rice, Mike James, James Starks, Shonn Greene
TE: Tony Gonzalez

His team:
QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Brian Hartline, Robert Woods, Miles Austin, Dwayne Bowe
RB: Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Johnathan Franklin
TE: Jermaine Gresham

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd stick with what you have, but I'm lower on woodhead and higher on Dobson than a lot.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're about 3-4 weeks late for shopping rice around.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're about 3-4 weeks late for shopping rice around.

This.

The Ravens OL is historically woeful in run-blocking (not much better in pass-pro) and Rice is clearly not the same.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold that Woodhead is going to remain a top end RB... especially as ryan mathews is getting better... Yes i get woody is all for PPR, but is the inconsistency of that worth trading the potential stud... As terrible as Rice has been playing, he still could come alive, and he will always be the main guy in baltimore... Woodhead is a low end RB2, while Rice can become a decent RB1... I would rather hold the potential there... As for decker vs dobson, they are near wash...

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

The Ravens OL is historically woeful in run-blocking (not much better in pass-pro) and Rice is clearly not the same.

Just to clarify...I didn't mean the Ravens OL has always been woeful in run-blocking (obviously they haven't). I meant this year's OL is awful in historic proportions. No team has rushed for a lower YPC average since the AFL/NFL merger.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold that Woodhead is going to remain a top end RB... especially as ryan mathews is getting better... Yes i get woody is all for PPR, but is the inconsistency of that worth trading the potential stud... As terrible as Rice has been playing, he still could come alive, and he will always be the main guy in baltimore... Woodhead is a low end RB2, while Rice can become a decent RB1... I would rather hold the potential there... As for decker vs dobson, they are near wash...

Bolded the 2 comments that I disagree with here.
Potential is more on Woodhead's side, IMO.
SD will be in some key dog fights coming up, and will need to pass to win, not try to run with the inconsistent Mathews. DEN, @MIA, @KC, CIN, NYG, @DEN coming up for the Chargers, Woodhead could easily stay in the top 15, possible top 10 in PPR leagues.
On the flip side, Rice will see CIN, @CHI, NYJ before getting to a soft streak of PIT, MIN, @DET.
If you are 8-1, go ahead and wait on Rice's "potential", but if you need to win to get a better seed in the playoffs, or even just to make the playoffs, I think Woodhead is your guy.

The potential and season-to-date favors Woodhead big time compared to Rice, who has a weak O-line that is also under-performing. Couple that with the SB hangover that the entire BAL team seems to have, AND the fact that Rice has seen a full load in the regular season + post season action in all of his NFL years (I think), giving you the perfect storm for a major let down season for Ray Rice.