• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things that make you go hmmmmm

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how Montgomery wouldn't be a problem for the Bears' defense. The whole reason we got rid of Howard to make room for him was because this offense is designed to exploit matchups, not just overpower the defense. Howard being such a limited receiving threat put handcuffs on the offense's ability to make the defense have to defend the running back in space. With Montgomery, you've got a guy who's a heck of a runner between the tackles but can also beat you by running a route out of the slot or sneaking out of the backfield.

A year under their belt, plenty of talent and cast of backs that fit what Nagy wants: our offense could be staggeringly good this year compared to what most everyone around the league is expecting.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone doubts Cohen's toughness. There were a couple of times last year when he got nailed big time, yet bounced right back up. Still, I like that he only rushed 99 times. There's no need for him to run the ball that much more. He's best in the open field where his skillset is most effective and he does the most damage. Screens, slant ins, the occasional fly for receiving; pitch outs, end arounds, draws, even the once in a while wildcat when he's in run mode. That's what I'm hoping to see him doing for the Bears this year....a LOT.

And why not genius? How exactly do you know many times Cohen should run the ball?

Cohen had over 200 carries every year in college. If anything the stats are on my side how many carries he can take in the NFL. Montgomery should be our feature back, but between Cohen and Howard. It's not even close. Cohen all the way.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why not genius? How exactly do you know many times Cohen should run the ball?

Cohen had over 200 carries every year in college.
Well, two things wrong with your assertion. Cohen was never drafted to run the ball 20 times a game - hell, he wasn't even drafted to run it 10 times a game. Or if he had been, then the Bears would have not bothered signing Davis or drafting Montgomery this offseason.

The other thing wrong is making a comparison of his rushing career while playing against rinky dink opponents - that is, unless you consider such schools as Norfolk State, Morgan State, and Elon powerhouse football universities. This is the NFL, where everyone is bigger, faster, stronger, and more experienced. Tarik is fine within his role as perhaps the #1 overall offensive target for the Bears, but the #3 runner. Let sleeping dogs lie BS. Why bother trying to prove a pointless point? It's like trying to prove UFOs exist - but if we had proof they do, then they wouldn't be UFOs, they'd be IFOs.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, two things wrong with your assertion. Cohen was never drafted to run the ball 20 times a game - hell, he wasn't even drafted to run it 10 times a game. Or if he had been, then the Bears would have not bothered signing Davis or drafting Montgomery this offseason.

The other thing wrong is making a comparison of his rushing career while playing against rinky dink opponents - that is, unless you consider such schools as Norfolk State, Morgan State, and Elon powerhouse football universities. This is the NFL, where everyone is bigger, faster, stronger, and more experienced. Tarik is fine within his role as perhaps the #1 overall offensive target for the Bears, but the #3 runner. Let sleeping dogs lie BS. Why bother trying to prove a pointless point? It's like trying to prove UFOs exist - but if we had proof they do, then they wouldn't be UFOs, they'd be IFOs.

How do you know what Cohen was drafted for? He wasn't even drafted to run it 10x a game? Again, how do you know this? Please stop making things up. You keep making these assertions like you know something we don't.

We drafted Montgomery because we traded Howard (because he wasn't very good) and Nagy's system uses a lot of different backs. Davis, Cohen and Montgomery all share a common trait, which I won't bother expanding on.

The truth is, neither I nor you nor anybody else here knows for certain how many times Cohen can run it in this league. His college numbers gives us a clue, his success in the NFL so far gives us a clue, while the only lame argument you have on your side is his size at the same time neglecting NFL backs of his size having done it before in the past and will again in the future.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like trying to prove UFOs exist - but if we had proof they do, then they wouldn't be UFOs, they'd be IFOs.

In fairness UFOs do certainly exist as they've been reported many, many times. It's a question of where they come from...terrestrial or alien...weather related or so on.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness UFOs do certainly exist as they've been reported many, many times. It's a question of where they come from...terrestrial or alien...weather related or so on.
My point precisely.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s an unfounded opinion. How many hits has Darren Sproles take over the years and he’s still going And how many guys much larger have we’ve seen over the years not be able to withstand an NFL season?

Don’t try to throw out a comment like that and pretend it’s factual. It’s not.

We’ve seen nothing from Cohen to suggest he can’t withstand hits in the NFL.

He won’t have a ton of carries because that’s not his game. But he had 71 catches last season while being targeted 91 times. He’s a big part of this offense...not a change of pace.
It is factual it is also basic math. 170 pounds vs 240 to 350 pound men. Let me ask you this, if Cohen was 6"2 and 225 pounds would he miss a single down all year? I guess we see things a little differently.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is factual it is also basic math. 170 pounds vs 240 to 350 pound men. Let me ask you this, if Cohen was 6"2 and 225 pounds would he miss a single down all year? I guess we see things a little differently.

lmao. You are the dumbest person on this board.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao. You are the dumbest person on this board.
As long as your here I'll never be the dumbest. I can only dream of your stupidity level. Hey is Cohen a power back in your mind lol

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s not factual and it’s not math at all.

He hasn’t had a major injury and you can’t prove a negative and say if he had more carries he would get hurt. That’s just making stuff up.

Plenty of running backs in the league are larger than Cohen and don’t play every down.

And saying if he carried the ball more he could get hurt is silly. Anyone can get hurt regardless of their size. Jerome Bettis was 250lbs...yet in 13 seasons in the league he only started all 16 games 3 times.

Cohen doesn’t carry the ball a ton because that’s not how the Bears utilize him. He’s a pass catcher..and a good one. Which is why they targeted him over 90 times.

We don’t see things different. One of us just understands reality and the other wants to make up his own.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as your here I'll never be the dumbest. I can only dream of your stupidity level. Hey is Cohen a power back in your mind lol

Please tell me where I said Cohen is a power back. You can't help but to keep making things up. You are the dumbest person the this board. And that's saying something.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me where I said Cohen is a power back. You can't help but to keep making things up. You are the dumbest person the this board. And that's saying something.
If you could read you would have noticed i phrased it as a question to you. I can't make it any simpler.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not factual and it’s not math at all.

He hasn’t had a major injury and you can’t prove a negative and say if he had more carries he would get hurt. That’s just making stuff up.

Plenty of running backs in the league are larger than Cohen and don’t play every down.

And saying if he carried the ball more he could get hurt is silly. Anyone can get hurt regardless of their size. Jerome Bettis was 250lbs...yet in 13 seasons in the league he only started all 16 games 3 times.

Cohen doesn’t carry the ball a ton because that’s not how the Bears utilize him. He’s a pass catcher..and a good one. Which is why they targeted him over 90 times.

We don’t see things different. One of us just understands reality and the other wants to make up his own.

Every year the NFL drafts on size and all the guys at 170 or smaller go in the first round. Look at any major program in the NFL or NBA and you will notice all the 5"6 170 pound guys get drafted early. Most big time college programs specialize in players under 175 pounds too. It's a skyintiffic fact that when a little asteroid hit a giant planet that both take equal punishment. But your right I,m making things up and size is not important. Thanks for the edumacatin FKtard.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you monkeys think Cohen would not carry much much more if he was bigger?????? lol.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year the NFL drafts on size and all the guys at 170 or smaller go in the first round. Look at any major program in the NFL or NBA and you will notice all the 5"6 170 pound guys get drafted early. Most big time college programs specialize in players under 175 pounds too. It's a skyintiffic fact that when a little asteroid hit a giant planet that both take equal punishment. But your right I,m making things up and size is not important. Thanks for the edumacatin FKtard.

K...

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you monkeys think Cohen would not carry much much more if he was bigger?????? lol.

Yeah and if he was 7’2 he’d be playing basketball.

His size determines the type of player he is....that has nothing to do with injuries or durability.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s an unfounded opinion. How many hits has Darren Sproles take over the years and he’s still going And how many guys much larger have we’ve seen over the years not be able to withstand an NFL season?

Don’t try to throw out a comment like that and pretend it’s factual. It’s not.

We’ve seen nothing from Cohen to suggest he can’t withstand hits in the NFL.

He won’t have a ton of carries because that’s not his game. But he had 71 catches last season while being targeted 91 times. He’s a big part of this offense...not a change of pace.

Darren Sproles is a part time back. He's always been limited and never has featured. He's also had A LOT of injuries in his career in that part-time role. He's had 2 season ending injuries, missed the majority of a 3rd. He's failed to play a full season in 9 of his 13 seasons.

how many guys much larger have we’ve seen over the years not be able to withstand an NFL season?

Logic in this statement is non-existent, I'm sorry to say. Correlation does not imply causation. You are cherry picking anecdotal evidence which fits your narrative. Darren Sproles even existing is a rare exception over the course of NFL history and you're trying to pass it off as an example which can encompass big RB's vs small RB's as a whole? Come on...

The fact that some big RB's have broken down, does not change the fact that a bigger RB is more equipped to endure the physicality of carrying the ball on a more full-time basis.

A big glaring flaw here in your logic comes from the fact that there's so few RB's with Cohen and Sproles size. Most can't even make it in the NFL, much less hold down a part time role for years and do it successfully. Of course most RB's in the NFL who breakdown are bigger. They comprise 95+% of the RB pool that carries it 15-20+ times per game.

Give half of the league RB's sized like Sproles/Cohen and the other half more conventional, larger backs. See which half breaks down faster. We all know the answer...

His size determines the type of player he is....that has nothing to do with injuries or durability.

I can't be reading this correctly. Are you asserting that being 5'6 170 vs 6'0 215 makes no difference in absorbing hits in the NFL? Please, tell me I am reading that wrong. lol. Does weight class not matter in fighting either?

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larger body mass is associated with more stable joints and a greater ability to absorb the extra forces to which they are subject.

Who would argue this?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Sproles is a part time back. He's always been limited and never has featured. He's also had A LOT of injuries in his career in that part-time role. He's had 2 season ending injuries, missed the majority of a 3rd. He's failed to play a full season in 9 of his 13 seasons.

In his prime he wasn't a part time back....he was a part time runner. Like Cohen is. Because, like Cohen, that isn't where his game serves the offense best.

From 2010 with the Chargers through to 2013 with the Saints Sproles was targeted in the passing game at least 75 times a season in the passing game while topping 100 targets twice in that span. That's not "part time".

As for his injuries...he missed his entire second season with an injury after playing in 15 games his rookie year. Then through his prime years he played in 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 13, 15, 15, 16, 15 games in the seasons that followed. That's pretty good for any NFL player. He's missed a lot the last couple years....but he's also a lot older now and you can say the same about players of any size.

You can't attribute his durability to his size here because the facts don't aid you.

Logic in this statement is non-existent, I'm sorry to say. Correlation does not imply causation. You are cherry picking anecdotal evidence which fits your narrative. Darren Sproles even existing is a rare exception over the course of NFL history and you're trying to pass it off as an example which can encompass big RB's vs small RB's as a whole? Come on...

The fact that some big RB's have broken down, does not change the fact that a bigger RB is more equipped to endure the physicality of carrying the ball on a more full-time basis.

A big glaring flaw here in your logic comes from the fact that there's so few RB's with Cohen and Sproles size. Most can't even make it in the NFL, much less hold down a part time role for years and do it successfully. Of course most RB's in the NFL who breakdown are bigger. They comprise 95+% of the RB pool that carries it 15-20+ times per game.

Give half of the league RB's sized like Sproles/Cohen and the other half more conventional, larger backs. See which half breaks down faster. We all know the answer...

You misread my words completely and are obviously just looking to argue things I didn't say. I acknowledge that backs like Cohen and Sproles are rare....where did I say they weren't?

There was a notion raised that Cohen is a change of pace back and nothing more because his size dictates he can't play full time or take on more.

I vehemently disagree with this. Am I advocating that all of sudden Cohen should be running the back up the gut or getting 300 carries a season? No. I'm not. But Cohen, like Sproles, isn't a part time player. He's an integral part of the offense that will get a lot of opportunities to make plays. He isn't a typical NFL running back....he's gonna have more receiving targets than he will attempts rushing the ball....and yeah his size dictates that because he can't pound the ball through the d-line.

I totally reject the idea he will get hurt.....until it's proven he is the type of player that will be injury prone. Sproles went through his prime years barely missing any games. So the size equals will get hurt idea is obviously not founded in fact.

Now if Nagy, or any NFL coach, thought it would be a good idea to take a guy like Cohen or Sproles and say here kid, run the gut or belly option on every down....then yeah...their season or their life might get shortened a little. Again....their size determines the type of player they are....their size doesn't determine how susceptible they are to injury.

We have seen large NFL backs be injury prone. We have seen large NFL backs be relatively healthy. And the same can be said for medium and smaller guys. The large ones take more contact....because they can. The medium to smaller ones tend to run the ball outside more or get into space because....typically they are faster and that's where their skills are gonna help.

I can't be reading this correctly. Are you asserting that being 5'6 170 vs 6'0 215 makes no difference in absorbing hits in the NFL? Please, tell me I am reading that wrong. lol. Does weight class not matter in fighting either?

Either you can't read or you just want to argue. I'm fine with whatever the answer is.

That's not what I said. I said the size of the player determines the type of player he is. If you're 6'4 and can run a fast 40....there's a good chance you're gonna be a wide receiver. If you're 5'9 and also run a really quick 40....you're also gonna be a WR but you're probably gonna play the slot or be used a little differently than that 6'4 guy.

If you're 6'1 and 280 pounds....there's a good chance you're gonna play on the interior of the offensive line.

Size makes a difference...yes. It determines what type of player you are and if you will even be seriously looked at by colleges and then the NFL.

But we can't correlate size to ability to get injured. A 6'4 receiver can likely get hurt just as much as a 5'9 receiver and vice versa. A 5'6 running back isn't automatically more susceptible to injury than a 6'2 back. Because he's a different type of player....and will be used differently.

As I type that if feels like something really simple to comprehend....but as I hit post reply I know it's going to be anything but.