• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RBs: This year's vs last year's batch

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus dude. Get a life.

Howard had two great seasons and a serviceable third. You can't change that no matter how you spin it.

Montgomery should be a very good back for us, hopefully a wash there.

And yes, I like Davis more than Mizzell and Cunningham. BFD.

You need to get over it, bro. You just look like a stalker weirdo.

Because how i look in your eyes matter to me you dunce.

Montgomery all of the sudden should be very good...? When you called this a downgrade before. Keep the backpedaling alive. Montgomery is going to make you look bad for years. As will Howard going forward. Deal with it you spit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Davis as a backup. Because the only way he could or should start for anyone is if someone else got hurt.

Yeah, that's probably fair. However, he had quite a solid 2018 campaign.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Nelly, post: 13556520, member: 12918"
Cohen = Cohen
Montgomery > Howard
Davis > Cunningham/Mizzell (at least last year)

Trubisky a year older + Montgomery instead of Howard + 2nd year in the offense... I think people underestimate just how good we can be offensively... considering we already have a really solid O line and everyone in the league acknowledges that we've got some good receiving weapons in Robinson/Gabriel/Miller/Burton.

How can you put a rookie who has not played a down over a proven top 5 RB??? Also Burton is/was a major disappointment and Gab a total non factor.
I do think our offense will be much improved because of Trubisky being better in his second year of this playbook and Robinson/Miller being healthy.[/QUOTE]

When did Howard prove to be top 5? I mean, if you're going to knock Davis for a sub 4 YPC average. You have to be consistent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you put a rookie who has not played a down over a proven top 5 RB??? Also Burton is/was a major disappointment and Gab a total non factor.
I do think our offense will be much improved because of Trubisky being better in his second year of this playbook and Robinson/Miller being healthy.

When did Howard prove to be top 5? I mean, if you're going to knock Davis for a sub 4 YPC average. You have to be consistent.[/QUOTE]
The stats put him at top 5 not me. Last year he was below that as Nagy did not use him or know how but if you take last year out he was top 3 since entering the league. Also i'm not knocking Davis just stating facts. I know nothing of the guy.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because how i look in your eyes matter to me you dunce.

Montgomery all of the sudden should be very good...? When you called this a downgrade before. Keep the backpedaling alive. Montgomery is going to make you look bad for years. As will Howard going forward. Deal with it you spit.

Once again, making shit up. Never said downgrade, I said it was a lateral move, which it was, dummy.

Montgomery, if he succeeds, will just continue to make YOU look like a frothing retard with zero life, as you will continue to beat an imaginary dead horse.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think our offense will be much improved because of Trubisky being better in his second year of this playbook and Robinson/Miller being healthy.
Burton had a solid year, not a great one. Gabriel i thought was better and a bigger part of the offense than i thought he would be. Nonetheless, his primary value is as a speed guy to take the top of defenses. I bet the offense will run a little more through Robinson and Miller this season but Gabriel is a quality player.

Howard is top 5 proven RB... and he was traded for a 6th round pick? Sorry, does not compute. Howard had a couple good years behind a good o line and an offense that ran through him. Meanwhile, our offense sucked. You might notice how once our offense got some good weapons and a good coach, Howard struggled. Even if he's a good player, he wasn't a good player for the offense we're running now. Enter David Montgomery, who i expect to have a Kareem Hunt style impact on our offense, just not the same volume thanks to the presence of Tarik Cohen. There wasn't a safer pick in the draft than David Montgomery. Intangibles out the ass, highest broken tackles in college football and a threat in the passing game. He's a fit for the offense unlike Howard.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Howard prove to be top 5? I mean, if you're going to knock Davis for a sub 4 YPC average. You have to be consistent.
The stats put him at top 5 not me. Last year he was below that as Nagy did not use him or know how but if you take last year out he was top 3 since entering the league. Also i'm not knocking Davis just stating facts. I know nothing of the guy. [/QUOTE]

And if we take out Davis's bad statistical year. He averages like 4.4 YPC. Must we begin journeying down this road?

In terms of pure rushing yardage? He was certainly good over the course of this first two seasons. However, Howard proved to be rather useless in the passing game. Both blocking and pass catching. You conveniently leave that out. That's a big part of the RB position (especially now). It's like half of the gig... and his shortcomings there send him down the list a good bit. The stats do not put him top 5. Even rushing-wise. You have to remove 1/3 of his seasons to produce that result.

Also, seeing as Nagy is our coach for the foreseeable future? I would have to say that Howard's season under Nagy is THE MOST relevant. Not the least relevant.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, making shit up. Never said downgrade, I said it was a lateral move, which it was, dummy.

Montgomery, if he succeeds, will just continue to make YOU look like a frothing retard with zero life, as you will continue to beat an imaginary dead horse.

You really have a problem with inference don't you? Considering how high you were of Howard, how in the world is this a lateral move? A 3rd round back vs a Howard who all the idiots entertained could lead the league in TDs and somehow that's a "lateral move"?

Instead of straddling the fence, pick a side idiot.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we take out Davis's bad statistical year. He averages like 4.4 YPC. Must we begin journeying down this road?

In terms of pure rushing yardage? He was certainly good over the course of this first two seasons. However, Howard proved to be rather useless in the passing game. Both blocking and pass catching. You conveniently leave that out. That's a big part of the RB position (especially now). It's like half of the gig... and his shortcomings there send him down the list a good bit. The stats do not put him top 5. Even rushing-wise. You have to remove 1/3 of his seasons to produce that result.

Also, seeing as Nagy is our coach for the foreseeable future? I would have to say that Howard's season under Nagy is THE MOST relevant. Not the least relevant.

richi at it again. Pretending he was never in Howard's camp. Happens every time...lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really have a problem with inference don't you? Considering how high you were of Howard, how in the world is this a lateral move? A 3rd round back vs a Howard who all the idiots entertained could lead the league in TDs and somehow that's a "lateral move"?

Instead of straddling the fence, pick a side idiot.

LOL. Why? You're so dramatic. I like Howard still. I think he's a durable bruiser that can put up 1000 and 7 to 10 TDs a year if used properly.

Montgomery, at this point has not even set foot on the field. He could be great, or he could blow his fucking knee out at a BBQ this weekend, and never play again. I would say it's a very good compliment to Montgomery's potential to even say it's a lateral move. A potentially good-to-great back, for a proven good back=lateral move, ya fuggin weirdo.

Lol, at you saying how "high I was" on Howard. The only person that's ever left the plane of rational perspective and fanhood has always been you, with your obsessive hatred of Howard. I'm a Bears fan. I like whoever is a Bear. If they are tough and hard-nosed, I like em' even more. Once they are no longer a Bear, I will continue to root for them, unless the Bears are playing em'.

You're a weirdo who is obsessed with Jordan Howard and being thought of on an anonymous sports board as some brilliant football mind. :crazy:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Why? You're so dramatic. I like Howard still. I think he's a durable bruiser that can put up 1000 and 7 to 10 TDs a year if used properly.

Montgomery, at this point has not even set foot on the field. He could be great, or he could blow his fucking knee out at a BBQ this weekend, and never play again. I would say it's a very good compliment to Montgomery's potential to even say it's a lateral move. A potentially good-to-great back, for a proven good back=lateral move, ya fuggin weirdo.

Lol, at you saying how "high I was" on Howard. The only person that's ever left the plane of rational perspective and fanhood has always been you, with your obsessive hatred of Howard. I'm a Bears fan. I like whoever is a Bear. If they are tough and hard-nosed, I like em' even more. Once they are no longer a Bear, I will continue to root for them, unless the Bears are playing em'.

You're a weirdo who is obsessed with Jordan Howard and being thought of on an anonymous sports board as some brilliant football mind. :crazy:

Howard has degenerated into "durable bruiser that can put up 1000 and 7 to 10 TDs a year if used properly." That's a far cry from "leading the league in TDs". The backpedaling keeps going. When is the full blown denial going to come?

Your comments of Montgomery just proves how idiotic and inaccurate "lateral move" was. So thanks for proving my point.

My "obsessive hatred" for Howard was always eclipsed by the hyperbolic love for Howard, him leading the league in TDs to being talked about in the same breath as Payton and Sayers.

My genius has no equal here monkey.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard has degenerated into "durable bruiser that can put up 1000 and 7 to 10 TDs a year if used properly." That's a far cry from "leading the league in TDs". The backpedaling keeps going. When is the full blown denial going to come?

Your comments of Montgomery just proves how idiotic and inaccurate "lateral move" was. So thanks for proving my point.

My "obsessive hatred" for Howard was always eclipsed by the hyperbolic love for Howard, him leading the league in TDs to being talked about in the same breath as Payton and Sayers.

I never said he'd lead the league in TDs. You are mixing up your e-battles.

And the reason people mentioned him in the "same breathe" is because he was breaking their records, you stupid donkey. :tsk:

LOL, wut?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he'd lead the league in TDs. You are mixing up your e-battles.

And the reason people mentioned him in the "same breathe" is because he was breaking their records, you stupid donkey. :tsk:

LOL, wut?

I was looking over your post history and found this:

Show me where I predicted Howard would lead the league in TDs ya fucking shit-flinging monkey.

Gave me a chuckle and made me laugh out loud.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burton had a solid year, not a great one. Gabriel i thought was better and a bigger part of the offense than i thought he would be. Nonetheless, his primary value is as a speed guy to take the top of defenses. I bet the offense will run a little more through Robinson and Miller this season but Gabriel is a quality player.

Howard is top 5 proven RB... and he was traded for a 6th round pick? Sorry, does not compute. Howard had a couple good years behind a good o line and an offense that ran through him. Meanwhile, our offense sucked. You might notice how once our offense got some good weapons and a good coach, Howard struggled. Even if he's a good player, he wasn't a good player for the offense we're running now. Enter David Montgomery, who i expect to have a Kareem Hunt style impact on our offense, just not the same volume thanks to the presence of Tarik Cohen. There wasn't a safer pick in the draft than David Montgomery. Intangibles out the ass, highest broken tackles in college football and a threat in the passing game. He's a fit for the offense unlike Howard.
Were both hoping you are right. I fully admit I never heard of the guy till we drafted him. Watched film and was not impressed at all. Unlike Howard nobody will key on him so he has a chance to do something.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats put him at top 5 not me. Last year he was below that as Nagy did not use him or know how but if you take last year out he was top 3 since entering the league. Also i'm not knocking Davis just stating facts. I know nothing of the guy.

Also, seeing as Nagy is our coach for the foreseeable future? I would have to say that Howard's season under Nagy is THE MOST relevant. Not the least relevant.[/QUOTE]

Howard was a great pass blocker and runner Rich. The not a threat in the pass game was also not true. He never got a chance but caught everything that came his way under Nagy. He did not fit the system and Nagy deserves the RB he wants. I am fine with Howard being gone but I won't pretend he was not a good player. Howard should get a real good amount of playing time now as Philly will look to keep Wentz upright for a whole season. I'm a Bear fan not a Howard fan but I respect what the guy did for us when we had nothing else around him.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post made me excited thinking Mizzell was no longer a Bear...but he still is from what I see. I call shenanigans on the OP.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can hope Montgomery is better than Howard. Until pads go on and they march out in a meaningful season game and perform at a level equal too or better than Howard, scheme included, I will reserve judgement.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post made me excited thinking Mizzell was no longer a Bear...but he still is from what I see. I call shenanigans on the OP.
For the moment he's listed on the roster as a WR, not a RB. I doubt he'll survive the first cut.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard was a great pass blocker and runner Rich. The not a threat in the pass game was also not true. He never got a chance but caught everything that came his way under Nagy. He did not fit the system and Nagy deserves the RB he wants. I am fine with Howard being gone but I won't pretend he was not a good player. Howard should get a real good amount of playing time now as Philly will look to keep Wentz upright for a whole season. I'm a Bear fan not a Howard fan but I respect what the guy did for us when we had nothing else around him.

Howard had a fantastic rookie season and then consistently slid backwards from there. We can make up a million reasons why but playing time wouldn't be one of them. Howard touched the ball 270 times last season....good enough to be tied for 9th in the league among running backs.

I totally respect the effort he put in while wearing a Bears uniform...but at the end of the day he probably goes down in team history as a slightly better version of Anthony Thomas.

SnowflakeDewsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to respect Science like you obviously do, but that wasn’t a very inclusive thing to say.