• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RBs: This year's vs last year's batch

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018:
Jordan Howard
Tarik Cohen
Benny Cunningham
Taquan Mizzell

2019 (expected):
David Montgomery
Tarik Cohen
Mike Davis
Kerrith Whyte Jr.

I don't know about anyone else, but to me, at least on paper, this seems like a great improvement over last year, at least in potential. Hard to quantify such when two of the anticipated new backs are rooks. But I love the versatility and added speed this group brings. I'm guessing there will be more of a running-back-by-committee approach taken by Nagy and his staff, at least early on, or until one of them proves to be the primary RB. Here's an interesting article that touches on this subject matter:

What do the Bears have in their RBs?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Cunningham's value as a great pass blocker, special teamer and actually being more serviceable than many believed as a runner/pass catcher.

However, yeah... it's not even close. Davis could be starting for starting for a multitude of teams and is good in those facets too. Whyte is a mystery, but we definitely needed to try something besides Mizzell.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Cunningham's value as a great pass blocker, special teamer and actually being more serviceable than many believed as a runner/pass catcher.

However, yeah... it's not even close. Davis could be starting for starting for a multitude of teams and is good in those facets too. Whyte is a mystery, but we definitely needed to try something besides Mizzell.
Actually, prior to '18 season, I was a fan of Cunningham for pretty much the reasons you cited. But his entire game took a huge nosedive last year, and his cut was not only expected, it was well deserved.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, prior to '18 season, I was a fan of Cunningham for pretty much the reasons you cited. But his entire game took a huge nosedive last year, and his cut was not only expected, it was well deserved.

Oh, yeah. No doubt. I just meant, overall that he had been a very useful #3 RB. His time was up.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a better group for the scheme but less talent overall.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Davis has a career average of 3 ypc and the others are unproven or proven to be backups. I hope you guys are right but I am doubtfull.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a better group for the scheme but less talent overall.
I guess if you phrased it as less experience or proven talent, it would be hard to disagree. But I'll take Mike Davis &
Kerrith Whyte Jr. any day and twice on Sundays, over Cunningham & Mizzell . What's left is can we say Montgomery will be better than Howard. That remains to be seen, but I like his chances and I definitely like his versatility.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has a career average of 3 ypc and the others are unproven or proven to be backups. I hope you guys are right but I am doubtfull.

Last year was his first season having both over 100 carries and running behind an O-line which wasn't horrific in run blocking. He averaged 4.6 YPC. He's also been very effective in the passing game despite being in a smaller role and he's a good blocker. 34 receptions on only 42 targets for 214 yards and a TD is quite solid. That catch percentage indicates he's very reliable.

As the 3rd wheel, that's all you really need.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was his first season having both over 100 carries and running behind an O-line which wasn't horrific in run blocking. He averaged 4.6 YPC. He's also been very effective in the passing game despite being in a smaller role and he's a good blocker. 34 receptions on only 42 targets for 214 yards and a TD is quite solid. That catch percentage indicates he's very reliable.

As the 3rd wheel, that's all you really need.
I'd call that a pretty good 3rd wheel.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our RB situation has vastly improved because Howard is no longer here. Montgomery over Howard will prove to be without a doubt, a great definitive move making this year's crew much much better. Book it.

So funny to see all the Howard supporting idiots thinking we have a better RB crew now than last year. How quickly our support for Howard starts to fade. If you were pro Howard, there is no way you think we have a better RB crew this year than last. You can try to veil your BS by hiding behind Mike Davis praising but lets be serious here.

Davis had just 13 more carries than Cohen did last year. How anyone can be so high on Davis i don't know. He's a good backup but no where near what some ppl in here are making him out to be.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our RB situation has vastly improved because Howard is no longer here. Montgomery over Howard will prove to be without a doubt, a great definitive move making this year's crew much much better. Book it.

So funny to see all the Howard supporting idiots thinking we have a better RB crew now than last year. How quickly our support for Howard starts to fade. If you were pro Howard, there is no way you think we have a better RB crew this year than last. You can try to veil your BS by hiding behind Mike Davis praising but lets be serious here.

Davis had just 13 more carries than Cohen did last year. How anyone can be so high on Davis i don't know. He's a good backup but no where near what some ppl in here are making him out to be.
WTF are you talking about.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
winner.

LOL. At this point, it's safe to assume, @BsGenius was diddled by someone who resembled Jordan Howard.

Well don’t be shy monkey. Tell us what you think. Do we have a better RB crew this year or last year?

I get it though. After being so consistently wrong it’s understandable to be a little gun shy :)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well don’t be shy monkey. Tell us what you think. Do we have a better RB crew this year or last year?

I get it though. After being so consistently wrong it’s understandable to be a little gun shy :)

I think it will be better.

Is this where I ramble on incoherently for 3 paragraphs now?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis could be starting for starting for a multitude of teams and is good in those facets too.

I like Davis as a backup. Because the only way he could or should start for anyone is if someone else got hurt.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall the unit this season is better because it's more diverse.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take this one over last year's any day all day, and i think Montgomery will make it that much more apparent come preseason as to why. With Montgomery's closest comp being Kareem Hunt, he's stepping into a similar situation that Hunt did 2 years ago in KC, when Alex Smith was still the QB. Hunt was a beast there for that offense and i think Montgomery will help to keep Davis' reps quite low.

Cohen = Cohen
Montgomery > Howard
Davis > Cunningham/Mizzell (at least last year)

Trubisky a year older + Montgomery instead of Howard + 2nd year in the offense... I think people underestimate just how good we can be offensively... considering we already have a really solid O line and everyone in the league acknowledges that we've got some good receiving weapons in Robinson/Gabriel/Miller/Burton.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be better.

Is this where I ramble on incoherently for 3 paragraphs now?

And the backpedaling starts....

If Howard was as great as you said he was, it is impossible for this years group to be better than last year's. Unless of course lol you think Mike Davis is the next Barry Sanders.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the backpedaling starts....

If Howard was as great as you said he was, it is impossible for this years group to be better than last year's. Unless of course lol you think Mike Davis is the next Barry Sanders.

Jesus dude. Get a life.

Howard had two great seasons and a serviceable third. You can't change that no matter how you spin it.

Montgomery should be a very good back for us, hopefully a wash there.

And yes, I like Davis more than Mizzell and Cunningham. BFD.

You need to get over it, bro. You just look like a stalker weirdo.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Nelly, post: 13556520, member: 12918"
Cohen = Cohen
Montgomery > Howard
Davis > Cunningham/Mizzell (at least last year)

Trubisky a year older + Montgomery instead of Howard + 2nd year in the offense... I think people underestimate just how good we can be offensively... considering we already have a really solid O line and everyone in the league acknowledges that we've got some good receiving weapons in Robinson/Gabriel/Miller/Burton.[/QUOTE]

How can you put a rookie who has not played a down over a proven top 5 RB??? Also Burton is/was a major disappointment and Gab a total non factor.
I do think our offense will be much improved because of Trubisky being better in his second year of this playbook and Robinson/Miller being healthy.