• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This offseason (not the last) shows Pace is legit

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy who thinks "Nagy should be fired if Howard isn't successful in his offense".

You have no credibility in this argument dummy.

You're so smart. Good job on predicting Howard would suck(3rd most effective back in the league since entering the NFL), but boy you really guessed it. Howard's dismissal is more attributed to the league changing, and the simple fact that backs are not as highly valued as they once were. Their average shelf-life is what, 5 years? We got 3 pretty good years out of him. He will do fine in Philly. Like I said, I believe he will have more rushing yards than Cohen(just like last year)

Care to make an avatar bet on who has more rushing yards?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so smart. Good job on predicting Howard would suck(3rd most effective back in the league since entering the NFL), but boy you really guessed it. Howard's dismissal is more attributed to the league changing, and the simple fact that backs are not as highly valued as they once were. Their average shelf-life is what, 5 years? We got 3 pretty good years out of him. He will do fine in Philly. Like I said, I believe he will have more rushing yards than Cohen(just like last year)

Care to make an avatar bet on who has more rushing yards?

It's like watching a monkey trying to figure out a jigsaw puzzle. In the end it's a giant mess and the monkey proclaiming, "i did it".

I've said it before. You don't know what you are watching. Your theory is all wrong. The game is too advanced for you. Stick to something simpler.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like watching a monkey trying to figure out a jigsaw puzzle. In the end it's a giant mess and the monkey proclaiming, "i did it".

I've said it before. You don't know what you are watching. Your theory is all wrong. The game is too advanced for you. Stick to something simpler.

Oh my gosh....the game is so advanced, only meathead jocks can understand it. With all your amazing football knowledge, you surely must have gone on to be a rocket scientist and not just some loser who trolls his "own" team's fans on an anonymous message board, right? Tell me about all the spoils of life your vast understanding of this complex game has given you.
giphy.gif

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thread ruined by talk about how bad/good Howard is or isn't. Can we keep that limited to one thread please?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thread ruined by talk about how bad/good Howard is or isn't. Can we keep that limited to one thread please?

Yes i agree. I come in here to talk about how Cohen can be an every down back. And beardown starts posting pictures again like a 4 year old. The dude just doesn't offer much to this board. It's a shame.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news. Altho it's only for a year, that gives Pace a little breathing room with respect to depth at the edge position.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody think Pace is setting up for a BPA draft? I’ve heard some people say we would be looking for a RB, but I honestly think Davis/Cohen should be a solid 1-2 punch. It’s about the same as what we had going into the season last year. I could see Pace getting some serious gems from this draft class.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody think Pace is setting up for a BPA draft? I’ve heard some people say we would be looking for a RB, but I honestly think Davis/Cohen should be a solid 1-2 punch. It’s about the same as what we had going into the season last year. I could see Pace getting some serious gems from this draft class.
Well Pace himself has said repeatedly that his approach is to always take the BPA, rather than go by position. But you have to think that there must be a BPA ranking that takes the various positions into account. I mean, what if the BPA at that point is a QB. Is he really going to use his first selection on that position, even tho he may otherwise be the top rated player at that point? I doubt it, but unless we're in on those draft meetings and sitting in the war room on draft day, then we really don't have a clue.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis/Cohen is alright, but Cohen isn't a full-time running back while Davis is just a guy. A shot at our own version of Alvin Kamara or Kareem Hunt would look awfully nice alongside those guys, so Davis is ideally a guy you don't have to rely heavily upon. Otherwise yea, there's no pressing needs, allowing Pace to just grab some guys who can hopefully develop into eventual starters behind the current starters.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis/Cohen is alright, but Cohen isn't a full-time running back while Davis is just a guy. A shot at our own version of Alvin Kamara or Kareem Hunt would look awfully nice alongside those guys, so Davis is ideally a guy you don't have to rely heavily upon. Otherwise yea, there's no pressing needs, allowing Pace to just grab some guys who can hopefully develop into eventual starters behind the current starters.
Cohen is our main weapon out of the backfield. Davis is more than capable of handling the majority of the rest of the load with our back ups picking up the scraps. I could see us drafting another back, but only if it’s clearly the BPA.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And why isn't Cohen a full time running back?

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why isn't Cohen a full time running back?
He's hardly a threat to run the ball between the tackles. If you're a defense, you're not worried about it, so you're more than happy to have a nickel or even dime package out there because of it.

Just like Howard offered little in the passing game which limits Nagy's ability to be creative with the guys he has on the field, the same can be said for Cohen since the defense knows the Bears aren't going to be running up the gut hardly at all with Cohen on the field. He's still a more versatile weapon but no one in their right mind wants Cohen out there running between the tackles all that much. That's not where he's effective.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's hardly a threat to run the ball between the tackles. If you're a defense, you're not worried about it, so you're more than happy to have a nickel or even dime package out there because of it.

Just like Howard offered little in the passing game which limits Nagy's ability to be creative with the guys he has on the field, the same can be said for Cohen since the defense knows the Bears aren't going to be running up the gut hardly at all with Cohen on the field. He's still a more versatile weapon but no one in their right mind wants Cohen out there running between the tackles all that much. That's not where he's effective.

With the defense knowing exactly where Cohen is going to run, it's a wonder Cohen ran for 4.5ypc. Just hogwash. Cohen can hit the holes created by the oline much quicker than Howard ever could. Give me a break with this.