• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rookie standouts so far

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Montgomery, Kerrith Whyte and Duke Shelley.

It's early but I keep hearing about these three and how impressive they've been so far. Pace looks like he's done it again with another great draft.

Montgomery is killing it in practice and really impressing everyone. What a great upgrade from the overrated Jordan Howard. While idiots like beardown thinks Montgomery "is just another Jordan Howard" (save this quote), I see miles and miles of difference. I'm looking forward to seeing Montgomery in the regular season.

Whyte ran a 4.3 and his speed has been noticeable so far. Whyte at the very least provides another weapon on special teams.

Shelley will compete for the slot nickel position and will challenge Skrine. Shelley is said to have great instincts and is showing it in practice. Nagy has been singing his praises so far.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Montgomery would be quite studly. It's nice to hear Duke Shelley is standing out. Skrine was a great, cheap holdover option but he was never intended to be the long-term answer. If Pace goes and scores the longer-term answer in the late rounds right after letting Callahan go, that's just awesome.

Love that Whyte is (presumably) making sure we never have to see Mizzell again.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that Whyte is (presumably) making sure we never have to see Mizzell again.

I'm convinced that if Mizzell makes the roster again, he must have something on Pace or the Bears ownership - like catching Virginia giving a massage to Robert Kraft or something.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player i'm not hearing much about is our last pick Stephen Denmark. Everyone else for now appear to be great picks. Pretty excited to see these guys in action.

Montgomery is really flashing his catching abilities in practice right now. Everyone's saying how natural he looks catching the ball. Again, a huge upgrade from Jordan Howard.

Note beardown still believes Montgomery is a "laterally move" to Jordan Howard and doesn't understand why we drafted Montgomery. Conversely Pace thought so highly of Montgomery, Pace moved up to grab him lol.

And lets not forget Philadelphia Eagles (Jordan Howard's new home) used their first round pick to draft a RB even though Jordan Howard "is 3rd in the league rushing". Obviously there's something Bears and Eagles organizations know of Howard, beardown07 still does not. beardown07--"Jordan Howard lover for life, no matter how wrong I am"

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back to posting pictures monkey. You're better at it.
:thumb:
ANDREWBROWNnicolai.jpg

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good boy. Now roll over.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets not forget Philadelphia Eagles (Jordan Howard's new home) used their first round pick to draft a RB even though Jordan Howard "is 3rd in the league rushing".
Their first pick was spent on Andre Dillard. They picked Sanders in the 2nd, 21st in the round. He was the second running back picked.

I think you're right, the Eagles do know what Howard's place is: a 2-down power/short yardage back who's used in the same capacity as a LeGarrette Blount, Chris Ivory, etc. There's no reason whatsoever that the Eagles would take Sanders in the 2nd if they thought Howard was some sort of long-term answer. They also had Smallwood and Clement on the roster as well so it's not like they were hurting for passing game backs as well.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their first pick was spent on Andre Dillard. They picked Sanders in the 2nd, 21st in the round. He was the second running back picked.

I think you're right, the Eagles do know what Howard's place is: a 2-down power/short yardage back who's used in the same capacity as a LeGarrette Blount, Chris Ivory, etc. There's no reason whatsoever that the Eagles would take Sanders in the 2nd if they thought Howard was some sort of long-term answer. They also had Smallwood and Clement on the roster as well so it's not like they were hurting for passing game backs as well.

To be fair though Howard does only have 1 year left on his contract. But the fact still remains, Howard's chances of landing a starter role with any team in the NFL is small--despite his past numbers. Only the fools are blinded by numbers.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley Ridley with Ochocinco and Terrell Owens. Pretty funny.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no reason whatsoever that the Eagles would take Sanders in the 2nd if they thought Howard was some sort of long-term answer.
Howard gets paid next year so taking a back this year makes sense. Howard is gonna get a SB this year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with the no-way-Jose crowd regarding Howard getting a ring this year.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard gets paid next year so taking a back this year makes sense. Howard is gonna get a SB this year.

lol, you're so dumb.

He won't win the SB and he won't get paid.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, you're so dumb.

He won't win the SB and he won't get paid.

I actually agree, in the sense of paid meaning PAID.

#rblivesdontmatter

I do think he will have a pretty decent career when it's said and done tho..nothing other-worldly, but I don't think he's going anywhere any time too soon either.

He's not a special back like you've stated, but he's not a steaming turd either...like you've also said.

Solid back.