• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things that make you go hmmmmm

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in this case a good hmmmmmm:

According to Adam Jahns of The Athletic, David Montgomery was "a problem" for the Bears' defense during OTAs.

Jahns was effusive in his praise of Montgomery, who "excited" teammates and coaches with his receiving skills and route-running prowess throughout OTAs. The Bears beat reporter went on to say Montgomery led "the rookies, if not the entire team" in highlight-reel plays this offseason. The real test will come when the Bears put on pads next month, but Montgomery's versatility has certainly been apparent in the early going. He's the favorite to replace Jordan Howard on early downs with Tarik Cohen occupying his usual receiving role out of the Bears' backfield.

Snagged the above from Rotoworld.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh... it's just another mini-camp/OTA puff piece until proven otherwise.

Every year, each team has that story come out about that guy who "dominated" drills/scrimmages in shorts and no shoulder pads. Every year, a group of fans eat it up and then by mid-season (most of the time) we've forgotten about it entirely. Sometimes, that player is even forgotten entirely.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh... it's just another mini-camp/OTA puff piece until proven otherwise.

Every year, each team has that story come out about that guy who "dominated" drills/scrimmages in shorts and no shoulder pads. Every year, a group of fans eat it up and then by mid-season (most of the time) we've forgotten about it entirely. Sometimes, that player is even forgotten entirely.
Well duh, thanks for the Capt Obvious response. Did you read anything in that tidbit guaranteeing Montgomery will kick ass when it matters? Me neither. The author merely stated that he looked good in the OTAs and is the favorite to be Howard's primary replacement, nothing more.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well duh, thanks for the Capt Obvious response. Did you read anything in that tidbit guaranteeing Montgomery will kick ass when it matters? Me neither. The author merely stated that he looked good in the OTAs and is the favorite to be Howard's primary replacement, nothing more.

Yeesh... LSD coming in hot. lol. I certainly didn't mean anything by that response.

I never insinuated that the article made claims of him kicking ass come show time (despite the fact that the article does fawn over him exciting coaches/players, making highlight plays, etc. which sort of alludes to certain things regarding his potential for 2019). I merely stated my point of view on OTA evaluations and illustrated my reasoning for holding that point of view.

I guess I would consider apologizing for my answer being too "obvious"? I don't know... If I thought it was, I wouldn't have posted it.

I don't think it's such a "captain obvious" response if half of the NFL fans around fall for the "OTA hype" pieces, though. If anything, I would contend that if the articles sole purpose was to assert Montgomery as the favorite to replace Howard - that would worthy of a "duh" and a "captain obvious" label.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry richi, but yes that was indeed a Capt Obvious response. Anyone with a 2nd grade level education understands that it means nothing until he's out on the field proving otherwise. Your response was redundant. C'mon buddy, you can do better than that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry richi, but yes that was indeed a Capt Obvious response. Anyone with a 2nd grade level education understands that it means nothing until he's out on the field proving otherwise. Your response was redundant. C'mon buddy, you can do better than that.

I disagree. Fans fall for these hype pieces every year. Fawning over the excitement he's created among the players/coaches, highlight reel plays, etc. clearly alludes to this potentially translating directly to the 2019 season.

The purpose of this is to get fans hyped up about a young, high profile player. It often works, or else they wouldn't continue to do it every off-season. Saying "don't fall for it" is hardly useless advice if people always DO fall for it.

When people stop falling for this stuff hook, line and sinker - that response will be rendered useless. However, until that day comes......

Again, the captain obvious part of this thread/article (to me) is pointing out that Montgomery is the favorite to replace Howard.

Anyway, moving on...

I like Montgomery and trusted that Nagy would handpick a back who would fit his system. Whoever he would have went with, he's earned my trust. I'm glad he's turning heads.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, on that last paragraph we can agree. It's all good in the Bears SportsHoopla Hood.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s not forget all those idiots on this board who claimed Montgomery isn’t an upgrade to Howard and this was an “unnecessary lateral move”.

I just want to make sure these idiots don’t backpedal from their original thoughts.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s not forget all those idiots on this board who claimed Montgomery isn’t an upgrade to Howard and this was an “unnecessary lateral move”.

I just want to make sure these idiots don’t backpedal from their original thoughts.

shut up

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^a little sensitive

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just hope it was even a lateral move. We lost a very good back for no reason. We could have had both and moved on from Howard next year after Montgomery proved he belongs. We gained nothing by letting Howard go this year. It was stupid even if it works out.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope it was even a lateral move. We lost a very good back for no reason. We could have had both and moved on from Howard next year after Montgomery proved he belongs. We gained nothing by letting Howard go this year. It was stupid even if it works out.

So many things wrong with your statements:

1. We didn't "lose" Howard, we gave him up.
2. To say we lost Howard "for no reason" implies Nagy and Pace are incompetent.
3. We gained a potential 5th round pick for letting Howard go this year. So saying we gained "nothing" again is wrong.
4. "It was stupid even if it works out". Shows what an idiot you are.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many things wrong with your statements:

1. We didn't "lose" Howard, we gave him up.
2. To say we lost Howard "for no reason" implies Nagy and Pace are incompetent.
3. We gained a potential 5th round pick for letting Howard go this year. So saying we gained "nothing" again is wrong.
4. "It was stupid even if it works out". Shows what an idiot you are.

We lost a proven RB for a lowly 5th round pick. Fact
Pace has hits and misses (K white)( Glennon) fact
Your Howard hate has been there for years and you git picked on for your stupidity. fact.
Unlike you I root for all Bear players even the ones I don't get why they are here. Fact.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost a proven RB for a lowly 5th round pick. Fact
Pace has hits and misses (K white)( Glennon) fact
Your Howard hate has been there for years and you git picked on for your stupidity. fact.
Unlike you I root for all Bear players even the ones I don't get why they are here. Fact.

So you acknowledging we "gained nothing" from letting Howard go was wrong. fact
Pace and Nagy have hits and misses but it's still not even close, their evaluation of players vs yours. fact
My Howard evaluation have been spot on since day 1, you and all the idiots get blinded by stats. fact
You "root for all Bears players" but think "it was stupid even if it works out" shows your stupidity. fact

I take Tarik Cohen over Jordan Howard all day every day and it's not even close.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you acknowledging we "gained nothing" from letting Howard go was wrong. fact
Pace and Nagy have hits and misses but it's still not even close, their evaluation of players vs yours. fact
My Howard evaluation have been spot on since day 1, you and all the idiots get blinded by stats. fact
You "root for all Bears players" but think "it was stupid even if it works out" shows your stupidity. fact

I take Tarik Cohen over Jordan Howard all day every day and it's not even close.
I'm not interested in going in circles with you. Facts don't work on you and common sense is uncommon sense for you. I love Cohen but at 5,6 and 170 pounds he is never gonna be more then the change of pace back that he is. He will never put up the numbers Howard did. And if you think getting rid of a thousand yard workhorse for a lowly 5th is a good ideal then thank God your just a net genius and not in a real front office. Your spot on evaluation from day one on Howard was/is a joke that made us all laugh. He was top 3 in the league for 3 years strait with no help and defenses keying on him. Great evaluation. Cohen will never come close to Howards production. He is fun to watch tho.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not interested in going in circles with you. Facts don't work on you and common sense is uncommon sense for you. I love Cohen but at 5,6 and 170 pounds he is never gonna be more then the change of pace back that he is. He will never put up the numbers Howard did. And if you think getting rid of a thousand yard workhorse for a lowly 5th is a good ideal then thank God your just a net genius and not in a real front office. Your spot on evaluation from day one on Howard was/is a joke that made us all laugh. He was top 3 in the league for 3 years strait with no help and defenses keying on him. Great evaluation. Cohen will never come close to Howards production. He is fun to watch tho.

Omg here we go with more stats. Tell me genius, if Howard is so great and all the stats support it, why get rid of him for a measly 6th round pick? Are Pace and Nagy complete idiots? Wouldn't they have to be given all the stats you mentioned?

(One idiot using stats as their argument and then another idiot beardown saying Wims could be a #1 IN THE NFL despite stats. Monkey logic being applied everywhere)

Thousand yard rusher, big freaking deal. Rashaan Salaam rushed for a 1000 too who gives a shit. Numbers lie, you have to watch the quality of the runs, you have to see the size of the holes. All of which you are incapable of seeing. Howard could be bagging groceries or riding the bench as a situational backup and you'd still cry he's good. Get over it. He's average AT BEST. And Nagy and Pace knew it. A 6th round pick in return for a RB with those STATS, would have netted us something much better than a measly 6th round pick. But he didn't, why? Because even the rest of the league knows it. Only monkeys on this board don't get because "omg the stats". If i ran the Bears Howard would be gone in year 2 and we would have done better than a 6th I'll tell you that much.

Cohen weighs 181lbs. Phillip Lindsay weighs a whopping 9lbs more and he was 3rd in the AFC in rushing. Give me a break with this shit.

Cohen will never come close to Howards production.

He already did you dope. Cohen led the team in total yards you dimwhit. So he was more "productive". Geezus you're dumb. Go back to bed retard.

I'm not interested in going in circles with you

Smartest thing you said all day. Don't play with fire monkey.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Cohen but at 5,6 and 170 pounds he is never gonna be more then the change of pace back that he is.

Cohen isn't a change of pace back.

He isn't an every down between the tackles running but he isn't a change of pace guy either. He's something entirely different. He's a Swiss army knife. You can line him up at multiple spots and use him in a variety of ways.

Take this into account...in two seasons Cohen has either ran or caught the ball a total of 310 times. He has 11 touchdowns to show for those 310 touches. Basically every 28 touches or so. That's 4 touches better than Howard in his Bears career. Obviously Cohen isn't going to touch the ball nearly as much as Howard did his but it illustrates how dangerous Cohen is.

I liked Howard a lot. But his production definitely declined when he wasn't in a system that played to his strength. My biggest complaint with trading him was we didn't get a pick for this years draft but next years instead...but I'm over that. Montgomery is a better fit for what Nagy wants to do. And I think it's possible the NFL has already seen the best of what Howard can do.

Cohen, though, is a weapon. A weapon defenses have to account for. To dismiss him as just a change of pace would be wrong.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cohen isn't a change of pace back.

He isn't an every down between the tackles running but he isn't a change of pace guy either. He's something entirely different. He's a Swiss army knife. You can line him up at multiple spots and use him in a variety of ways.

Take this into account...in two seasons Cohen has either ran or caught the ball a total of 310 times. He has 11 touchdowns to show for those 310 touches. Basically every 28 touches or so. That's 4 touches better than Howard in his Bears career. Obviously Cohen isn't going to touch the ball nearly as much as Howard did his but it illustrates how dangerous Cohen is.

I liked Howard a lot. But his production definitely declined when he wasn't in a system that played to his strength. My biggest complaint with trading him was we didn't get a pick for this years draft but next years instead...but I'm over that. Montgomery is a better fit for what Nagy wants to do. And I think it's possible the NFL has already seen the best of what Howard can do.

Cohen, though, is a weapon. A weapon defenses have to account for. To dismiss him as just a change of pace would be wrong.
I,m a Cohen fan and he is a swiss army knife but he a change of pace back also. He can only take so many touches at his size.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I,m a Cohen fan and he is a swiss army knife but he a change of pace back also. He can only take so many touches at his size.

That’s an unfounded opinion. How many hits has Darren Sproles take over the years and he’s still going And how many guys much larger have we’ve seen over the years not be able to withstand an NFL season?

Don’t try to throw out a comment like that and pretend it’s factual. It’s not.

We’ve seen nothing from Cohen to suggest he can’t withstand hits in the NFL.

He won’t have a ton of carries because that’s not his game. But he had 71 catches last season while being targeted 91 times. He’s a big part of this offense...not a change of pace.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone doubts Cohen's toughness. There were a couple of times last year when he got nailed big time, yet bounced right back up. Still, I like that he only rushed 99 times. There's no need for him to run the ball that much more. He's best in the open field where his skillset is most effective and he does the most damage. Screens, slant ins, the occasional fly for receiving; pitch outs, end arounds, draws, even the once in a while wildcat when he's in run mode. That's what I'm hoping to see him doing for the Bears this year....a LOT.