• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Zeke Elliot Fiasco

How does this fiasco end?

• Zeke caves, reports, and honors his contract.

• Jerry Jones caves, signs Zeke to an extension.

• Zeke holds out for the year or longer.

• All aboard the Jerry Jones grab ass bus for potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he sits out two years his career is over.
Which makes me wonder how much leverage he has right now because he basically has to come back at some point. If Dallas tanks and this is why he may at that point but if Alfred Morris or whomever does well enough to replace him then he's in a real tough spot.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes me wonder how much leverage he has right now because he basically has to come back at some point. If Dallas tanks and this is why he may at that point but if Alfred Morris or whomever does well enough to replace him then he's in a real tough spot.

Elliott basically has until week 12 to show up. Cowboys will start losing games that they might have otherwise won without Elliott and when the season starts to slip away at that point Jerry will pay Zeke. The only chance this doesn't work in Elliott's favor is if the Cowboys don't miss a beat without Elliott and hardly lose any games. That's not going to happen.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We got a rookie out of Memphis that looks legit...in preseason. Who knows. Luckily we get to play a college team in week one. and I'm not talking ACC/SEC college. No, more like a Southland Conference college team, led by a geriatric mongoloid.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott basically has until week 12 to show up. Cowboys will start losing games that they might have otherwise won without Elliott and when the season starts to slip away at that point Jerry will pay Zeke. The only chance this doesn't work in Elliott's favor is if the Cowboys don't miss a beat without Elliott and hardly lose any games. That's not going to happen.
:useful:

But also at the same time Jerry seems to be a prideful man. I'd imagine going back in that instance wouldn't be easy for him.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:useful:

But also at the same time Jerry seems to be a prideful man. I'd imagine going back in that instance wouldn't be easy for him.

I can't see Jerry throwing a season away if Dak and the offense really struggles without Elliott especially when fans start getting upset. That has me believing Elliott will have a new deal by mid-October if he doesn't get one before the start of the season.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Jerry throwing a season away if Dak and the offense really struggles without Elliott especially when fans start getting upset. That has me believing Elliott will have a new deal by mid-October if he doesn't get one before the start of the season.
Yeah I should clarify and say Jerry won't not go back, just it would be tough.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait until Dallas tattoos the Eagles asses again twice this year so you run back to you board and stay there.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait until Dallas tattoos the Eagles asses again twice this year so you run back to you board and stay there.

Better hope Zeke gets paid before they play then. That's one tough sweep to pull off without your best player.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep''''watson was sacked the most because of the oline and Dak was sacked the second most cause he holds the ball to long

oh....other than fantasy, I remain on the fence post with regards to who is the better QB, but you have had it....maybe post it another 10 times or something.

for me...it's kinda like the wentz comparison. He has a pretty solid oline, some say a better oline than Dallas. He was drafted #2 in the draft, yet he's only been better than Dak in 1 or 3 years....but he's better too.

That’s just ridiculous and Dak was absolutely not better then Wentz last year. This stupid argument is just that... stupid. How you all forget 1/2 your fan base wanted him benched last year. The other half doesn’t think it’s smart to give him a mega deal. Just such a bad bad post it’s borders on complete stupidity. Dak is not better then Went overall or last year. I sure don’t remember our fan base asking him to be benched. Completely homer based ridiculousness. Wonder why Wentz is on the top of Vegas's MVP race if Dak was better last year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better hope Zeke gets paid before they play then. That's one tough sweep to pull off without your best player.

Again? One, it was hardly a tattooing unless you consider easy pick 6 to end the game ricocheting right into the end zone for a win. Dallas won both. They played better in both. Not even close to a tattooing in either game. One close one and one fluke bounce where they robbed us of a 75 yard TD and a clear fumble. Tattooing... funny

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 2 years left on his contract he has no leverage ... Next year is a different story.. I think the man should be playing football ...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Show us how to run and hide! You guys are experts at it come playoff time. The only peep we heard out of you the entire playoffs is how the Eagles beating a dynasty and being the Super Bowl champs was just luck.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 2 years left on his contract he has no leverage ... Next year is a different story.. I think the man should be playing football ...

Sometimes I feel this way and sometimes I don’t. Part of me said he should have waited one more season and part of me completely understands if he feels they will tag him after next year he should just nip it in the bud right now. Be interesting to see how this unfolds cause he’s a special player that Id give my left nut to make him an Eagle.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you the one that bet me the Eagles have #1 seed wrapped up by week 14?

There is no way Zeke sits out until week 12.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason why players hold out. because it works. if an agent knows it doesnt work with a particular team. he wont recommending holding out.
My take on what should happen.
Cowboys/Zeke negotiate all the way up to week 1.

As soon as he misses that game. If I were the Cowboys. That deal gets no better at all. Zeke can then choose to sit 10 weeks or the whole season. or realize this is as good as it gets & sign or play out current contract. To me though I would stop fucking around with negotiations after week 1.
Even if the Cowboys went 1-3. I wouldn't sweeten the deal. Set a precedence.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s just ridiculous and Dak was absolutely not better then Wentz last year. This stupid argument is just that... stupid. How you all forget 1/2 your fan base wanted him benched last year. The other half doesn’t think it’s smart to give him a mega deal. Just such a bad bad post it’s borders on complete stupidity. Dak is not better then Went overall or last year. I sure don’t remember our fan base asking him to be benched. Completely homer based ridiculousness. Wonder why Wentz is on the top of Vegas's MVP race if Dak was better last year.
By all means, put your money down on him then. Throw it away.

I would say the two pretty important stats are availability and playoff production. Dak has both of those wrapped up.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show us how to run and hide! You guys are experts at it come playoff time. The only peep we heard out of you the entire playoffs is how the Eagles beating a dynasty and being the Super Bowl champs was just luck.

Aw, don't take it so personally. If you don't feel it applies to you, and I don't list your name or tag you, why so worked up?