• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Zeke Elliot Fiasco

How does this fiasco end?

• Zeke caves, reports, and honors his contract.

• Jerry Jones caves, signs Zeke to an extension.

• Zeke holds out for the year or longer.

• All aboard the Jerry Jones grab ass bus for potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason why players hold out. because it works. if an agent knows it doesnt work with a particular team. he wont recommending holding out.
My take on what should happen.
Cowboys/Zeke negotiate all the way up to week 1.

As soon as he misses that game. If I were the Cowboys. That deal gets no better at all. Zeke can then choose to sit 10 weeks or the whole season. or realize this is as good as it gets & sign or play out current contract. To me though I would stop fucking around with negotiations after week 1.
Even if the Cowboys went 1-3. I wouldn't sweeten the deal. Set a precedence.

Jerry is the only owner that has been through this before, with a league leading rusher, and didn't blink.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show us how to run and hide! You guys are experts at it come playoff time. The only peep we heard out of you the entire playoffs is how the Eagles beating a dynasty and being the Super Bowl champs was just luck.

Try and stay current. That was two years ago.

Understandable how you might forget how lucky it was.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try and stay current. That was two years ago.

Understandable how you might forget how lucky it was.
giphy.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well trade him if he has no impact.
I know you say that in jest, but if we could get a good haul back for him I would absolutely trade him. I would have preferred to have done it early in the Offseason when I could also bring in another RB but I'd still do it. Give me a first round pick with top 10 potential and the $15M per year I need to give Zeke and I'll hopefully turn it 2 or 3 starters

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Zeke really preparing himself to sit out two years for a new contract?

Have we really hit this point in the NFL?
If Zeke sits out two years he is in the exact situation he is today - 2 years left on his contract and still needing another season to report by 8/6 to become an UFA when his contract is eventually up

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Zeke sits out two years he is in the exact situation he is today - 2 years left on his contract and still needing another season to report by 8/6 to become an UFA when his contract is eventually up

giphy.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has a top WR, an extremely better OLine and, IMO, the games best RB. I think Dak is a good QB but Watson is better.
The discussion seems to be stats from last year, not going forward. So look at Dak's stats since he got that top WR last year and let me know what they tell you. I said the other day 2018 week 1 starting WRs were Terrance Williams and Deonte Thompson and his TEs were a bunch of guys that barely been on the field. It was a tale of two seasons once he got some NFL caliber players on the field with him and also don't forget their OL was poor in pass protection last year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is it? Dak went 0-3 because he was missing one piece of his great offensive line or having a good offensive line isn't important for a QB?

Dak has had a great one his entire career. Watson has been behind an awful one. Despite this Watson has been a better QB than Dak, even coming off of a major knee surgery. And if Dak is that effected by missing just one part of his great line then imagine how he would have looked facing the constant consistent pressure that Watson has had to deal with in Houston.
Dak had a great OL in 2016 and not so good because of injuries since then. The reason it was such a big deal with Smith being out was because the replacement may have played the worst game ever for a LT and gave up 7 sacks to a marginal player. That's how bad he was and he wasn't much better in the other two games. If he were Watson's LT for a full season Watson would be dead now. I like Watson and it's impossible to compare the two while their situations are completely different. All I know is each time someone on here compares a QB to Dak they say Dak is worse no matter who the other guy is, but since Dak has been in the league he has won more games than all of them. Watson can have his stats. It's a different Offense and they are asked to do different things. I'll be happy watching this horrible QB Dak beat Philly for the Division again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott basically has until week 12 to show up. Cowboys will start losing games that they might have otherwise won without Elliott and when the season starts to slip away at that point Jerry will pay Zeke. The only chance this doesn't work in Elliott's favor is if the Cowboys don't miss a beat without Elliott and hardly lose any games. That's not going to happen.
So you agree that if Zeke were playing the Cowboys would hardly lose any games?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s just ridiculous and Dak was absolutely not better then Wentz last year. This stupid argument is just that... stupid. How you all forget 1/2 your fan base wanted him benched last year. The other half doesn’t think it’s smart to give him a mega deal. Just such a bad bad post it’s borders on complete stupidity. Dak is not better then Went overall or last year. I sure don’t remember our fan base asking him to be benched. Completely homer based ridiculousness. Wonder why Wentz is on the top of Vegas's MVP race if Dak was better last year.
As compared to Wentz who WAS benched last year. :noidea:If he was playing better and they were winning he would have continued to play with his back issue just like 13 yo girl gymnasts do.

Wentz has a shitload of natural ability but he will never go down as a great QB until he can stay healthy and the team stops taking their successes to a greater level once he stops playing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His only leverage is if they lose early and Dallas misses his elite ability. But if the rookie balls out he’s in BIG trouble.
Pollard looks fantastic, but I think everyone expecting him to play so well that he puts pressure on Zeke is going to be disappointed. I love the kid and think he is dynamic and exciting and he will make some big plays that Zeke could not have made because of his skill set in the open field, but IMO he won't even be a workhorse while Zeke is out because he'll breakdown. The OL should finally be healthy so they will be able to run the ball, but the Offense will need to be different without Zeke - luckily they will be anyway with Linehan gone. But it's just another next man up situation, same as if he were injured and I'm fine with that because I hate oiling the squeaky wheel. Wait your turn or rot on the couch.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you the one that bet me the Eagles have #1 seed wrapped up by week 14?

There is no way Zeke sits out until week 12.

I agree he won't sit out until week 12. Jerry will fold by mid-October at the latest and give him his new deal.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Pollard is a joke at this point. No nfl experience. Any cowboy fan excited about saving money and putting the next few seasons sans Zeke, can eat a fart

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sure

what was our first bet?

was it an avatar bet, or was their vCash involved?

Cause you have limited funds, sucka. Maybe one of the Eagles fans here will lone you some vCash to cover....let's say...$5000 fat stacks. I'm sure I can get @fordman84 to get the accounting right.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was our first bet?

was it an avatar bet, or was their vCash involved?

Cause you have limited funds, sucka. Maybe one of the Eagles fans here will lone you some vCash to cover....let's say...$5000 fat stacks. I'm sure I can get @fordman84 to get the accounting right.

Avatar with vcash. Would have to lower the first bet for this bet though because I want some to use for bets on games during the season (assuming this is a thing)

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, Zeke has to be out until the October 20th game with Philly. that's a total of six games you predict he'll be out. correct?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As compared to Wentz who WAS benched last year. :noidea:If he was playing better and they were winning he would have continued to play with his back issue just like 13 yo girl gymnasts do.

Wentz has a shitload of natural ability but he will never go down as a great QB until he can stay healthy and the team stops taking their successes to a greater level once he stops playing.

That’s completely untrue. He had a broken back. He was not benched because of poor play.