• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Zeke Elliot Fiasco

How does this fiasco end?

• Zeke caves, reports, and honors his contract.

• Jerry Jones caves, signs Zeke to an extension.

• Zeke holds out for the year or longer.

• All aboard the Jerry Jones grab ass bus for potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak had a great OL in 2016 and not so good because of injuries since then. The reason it was such a big deal with Smith being out was because the replacement may have played the worst game ever for a LT and gave up 7 sacks to a marginal player. That's how bad he was and he wasn't much better in the other two games. If he were Watson's LT for a full season Watson would be dead now. I like Watson and it's impossible to compare the two while their situations are completely different. All I know is each time someone on here compares a QB to Dak they say Dak is worse no matter who the other guy is, but since Dak has been in the league he has won more games than all of them. Watson can have his stats. It's a different Offense and they are asked to do different things. I'll be happy watching this horrible QB Dak beat Philly for the Division again.

Dak is better then a lot of starting QBs. I just think people look at Watson as a dynamic type and most people across the country look at Dak as a really good bus driver and there is nothing wrong with that cause the bus has a ton of talent.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avatar with vcash. Would have to lower the first bet for this bet though because I want some to use for bets on games during the season (assuming this is a thing)

how much did we bet in "bet #1"? lol, you can't start making other bets with that money that's on the table...whatza matter wit chu? I'll loan you 5g's to make this 'bet #2', but if you lose, you have troll this new site that the Rivals fags ran off to, and said no SportsHoopla people were allowed, cause we "didn't welcome them". And then, on the night of my choosing, you have to give me the login info so I can go in and Napalm Death the unlucky few that are posting that night. Can you do that for us? For the people that respect the Crew?

Can you do that?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s completely untrue. He had a broken back. He was not benched because of poor play.

False

If he had a broken back, then the Eagles are liable for cheating. If he had a broken back, why didn't he go on IR immediately? Does it take 6 weeks to confirm a broken back?

Derrrpppppppp

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is better then a lot of starting QBs. I just think people look at Watson as a dynamic type and most people across the country look at Dak as a really good bus driver and there is nothing wrong with that cause the bus has a ton of talent.

How do you explain him having the most 4th quarter comeback wins in the history of 3 year spans? That's more than "driving the bus", that's bustin mother fuckers in the mouf in at the end of the game when you are reaching down, deep down, for that extra something. Wentz doesn't have that factor...he has "drive the bus for 10 games, then change shifts to the next guy" work ethic.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, Zeke has to be out until the October 20th game with Philly. that's a total of six games you predict he'll be out. correct?

I don't think he Cowboys leave the bye week after that Eagles game without giving Elliott a new contract. I can definitely see them giving it to him before then but they won't leave that bye week without bringing him back. By that point the season will be on life support.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Zeke. We need Martin back for week 1. If Martin and Zeke are both out, Martin will be the one that hurts more. He is the best player on the Cowboys.

More important for offensive success in Week 1?

• 84%
    Zack Martin
    (1847 votes)
  • 16%
    Ezekiel Elliott
    (348 votes)
2195 votes total

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he Cowboys leave the bye week after that Eagles game without giving Elliott a new contract. I can definitely see them giving it to him before then but they won't leave that bye week without bringing him back. By that point the season will be on life support.

Life support? Lol. They can go 6-3 without him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So answer this... if he was benched for poor play (which he wasn’t) why is he one of the top rated players to win this years MVP according to Vegas?
Because Foles isn't there this year and Pederson won't be able to make a call to the bullpen this year.

But, that is a bizarre way to try and prove a point. It can be both :noidea:
Wentz was pulled because the team was doing shitty with him as the QB and they felt it wasn't worth risking their "injured" franchise QB because after Dallas ripped their heart out in OT everyone thought the season was over. It wasn't like he just got injured that week. Problem with that narrative is that once Foles came in a mediocre team went on a little run with a leader at the helm and he brought them back from the grave that Wentz had dug for them. Pederson and anyone who paid attention lately knew Foles could possibly provide a spark that Wentz just wasn't going to last year. All of this led to Wentz being benched and in retrospect it was a genius move by Pederson. It must have been Howie that told him to do it.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Life support? Lol. They can go 6-3 without him

Their bye week is week 8 not 10. 3 definite losses without Elliott in those first 7 games, potential for even more. 4-3 entering the bye is not good for them considering the back half of their schedule.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Foles isn't there this year and Pederson won't be able to make a call to the bullpen this year.

But, that is a bizarre way to try and prove a point. It can be both :noidea:
Wentz was pulled because the team was doing shitty with him as the QB and they felt it wasn't worth risking their "injured" franchise QB because after Dallas ripped their heart out in OT everyone thought the season was over. It wasn't like he just got injured that week. Problem with that narrative is that once Foles came in a mediocre team went on a little run with a leader at the helm and he brought them back from the grave that Wentz had dug for them. Pederson and anyone who paid attention lately knew Foles could possibly provide a spark that Wentz just wasn't going to last year. All of this led to Wentz being benched and in retrospect it was a genius move by Pederson. It must have been Howie that told him to do it.

Completely not true. We got players back from injury and the D started playing much better especially at CB. There was a misdiagnosed injury and they didn’t know he had a cracked bone and right when they found out he was taken out. He was absolutely not benched for his play. We were losing games up 17 with 10 minutes left. Him getting benched for his play did not happen. And the MVP point makes perfect sense. How could a QB supposedly get benched then come back as a leader for the MVP award. I can’t see how you can discount that. But, again, he was not benched for poor play. That’s just ludicrous. There was a whole big controversy and the med staff was fired for night finding the break earlier

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I feel this way and sometimes I don’t. Part of me said he should have waited one more season and part of me completely understands if he feels they will tag him after next year he should just nip it in the bud right now. Be interesting to see how this unfolds cause he’s a special player that Id give my left nut to make him an Eagle.

Yeah he is a good player no doubt... but man, 2 years left on a contract he signed, you gotta get out there and play, I can't imagine Dallas at some point doesn't lock him up long term, he's the workhorse of that offense...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is more important to Dallas than Dak ... Zeke is the best running back in football right now, and he's only 24 years old ... Dallas will lock him down long term, they'd be crazy not to...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think the more people see Watson the more they will realize he is as average as they come in the NFL.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So answer this... if he was benched for poor play (which he wasn’t) why is he one of the top rated players to win this years MVP according to Vegas?
Because Vegas loves to take peoples money.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much money are you going to bet on him?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely not true. We got players back from injury and the D started playing much better especially at CB. There was a misdiagnosed injury and they didn’t know he had a cracked bone and right when they found out he was taken out. He was absolutely not benched for his play. We were losing games up 17 with 10 minutes left. Him getting benched for his play did not happen. And the MVP point makes perfect sense. How could a QB supposedly get benched then come back as a leader for the MVP award. I can’t see how you can discount that. But, again, he was not benched for poor play. That’s just ludicrous. There was a whole big controversy and the med staff was fired for night finding the break earlier
Because it's a new year that's how

Cody Bellinger was benched last year in the World Series
Rich Gannon was a backup to the legendary Steve Bono a few years before he went on to win an MVP