• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Zeke Elliot Fiasco

How does this fiasco end?

• Zeke caves, reports, and honors his contract.

• Jerry Jones caves, signs Zeke to an extension.

• Zeke holds out for the year or longer.

• All aboard the Jerry Jones grab ass bus for potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that folding? It's the back and forth of negotiations. That doesn't make any sense.

Plus the first deal discussed here around what Bell makes was supposedly from months ago and this deal is supposedly from weeks ago

I love it in the last 2 months Cowboys fans have gone from Zeke won't get shit he's still got 2 years on his contract no way he holds out. To Jerruh was always planning to offer Zeke a top 2 RB contract extension early.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it is looking more like Elliott will stay out until week 12 unless Jerry caves beforehand I decided to go through their schedule and see how I think they will do without Elliot.

1. Giants - W
2. @Redskins - W
3. Dolphins - W
4. @Saints - L
5. Packers - L
6. @Jets - W
7. Eagles - L
8. BYE (Now by this point I suspect Jerry gives him his deal, but if he doesn't...)
9. @Giants - W
10. Vikings - L
11. @Lions - W

So that has Cowboys at 5-4 by the time Zeke would have to report at week 12 in order to play 6 weeks so his year doesn't rollover. I think 5-4 is very generous too because that's counting on them not dropping a game to a less opponent while they are missing their best player.

But let's continue with Zeke now in house without his contract and unhappy and Cowboys at 5-4.

12. Patriots - L
13. Bills - W
14. @Bears - L
15. Rams - L
16. @Eagles - L
17. Redskins - W

Looking like a 7-9 season at best for the Cowboys unless they get Elliott in before week 4.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it in the last 2 months Cowboys fans have gone from Zeke won't get shit he's still got 2 years on his contract no way he holds out. To Jerruh was always planning to offer Zeke a top 2 RB contract extension early.
You are clueless and confusing Cowboys fans opinions with what they would do themselves and what they think SHOULD happen and what they think the team/Jerry will actually do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it is looking more like Elliott will stay out until week 12 unless Jerry caves beforehand I decided to go through their schedule and see how I think they will do without Elliot.

1. Giants - W
2. @Redskins - W
3. Dolphins - W
4. @Saints - L
5. Packers - L
6. @Jets - W
7. Eagles - L
8. BYE (Now by this point I suspect Jerry gives him his deal, but if he doesn't...)
9. @Giants - W
10. Vikings - L
11. @Lions - W

So that has Cowboys at 5-4 by the time Zeke would have to report at week 12 in order to play 6 weeks so his year doesn't rollover. I think 5-4 is very generous too because that's counting on them not dropping a game to a less opponent while they are missing their best player.

But let's continue with Zeke now in house without his contract and unhappy and Cowboys at 5-4.

12. Patriots - L
13. Bills - W
14. @Bears - L
15. Rams - L
16. @Eagles - L
17. Redskins - W

Looking like a 7-9 season at best for the Cowboys unless they get Elliott in before week 4.
I'm shocked you have them not doing well :L

side bar: You can't even add

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the timing is perfect to trade him if the Cowboys were interested. Texans saw Luck retire and their RB go down for the year. No GM. Perfect time to fleece someone.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the timing is perfect to trade him if the Cowboys were interested. Texans saw Luck retire and their RB go down for the year. No GM. Perfect time to fleece someone.

Unpopular truth: Houston needs a QB before they need an expensive RB.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unpopular truth: Houston needs a QB before they need an expensive RB.

Weird take since your a Dallas fan. Watson is better than Dak. Problem for Watson though is he is getting Lucked by the Texans with their neglect to put a competent oline in front of him.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird take since your a Dallas fan. Watson is better than Dak. Problem for Watson though is he is getting Lucked by the Texans with their neglect to put a competent oline in front of him.
Weird take for a Dak hater like yourself, since Watson is a spot on comparison for Dak. Difference is Watson has had a top 5 WR to throw to.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are clueless and confusing Cowboys fans opinions with what they would do themselves and what they think SHOULD happen and what they think the team/Jerry will actually do.

They've been pretty tight lipped as an organization aside from a few dumb comments by Jerry that just made the situation worse, but if you have any examples of the Cowboys saying they wanted to get a deal done to make Zeke one of the highest paid RBs in the league from back when this started i'd like to see them.

Jones was asked if he's worried about not reaching a deal with the league's leading rusher as he left the practice field early Thursday evening.

"No," the Cowboys owner. "I don't in any way...

"When have I ever not done one? I don't worry about that. You just keep plugging."

Jerry Jones on Ezekiel Elliott: Cowboys 'don't have to have a rushing champion' to win Super Bowl

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been pretty tight lipped as an organization aside from a few dumb comments by Jerry that just made the situation worse, but if you have any example of the Coyboys saying they wanted to get a deal done to make Zeke one of the highest paid RBs in the league from back when this started i'd like to see them.

Jones was asked if he's worried about not reaching a deal with the league's leading rusher as he left the practice field early Thursday evening.

"No," the Cowboys owner. "I don't in any way...

"When have I ever not done one? I don't worry about that. You just keep plugging."

Jerry Jones on Ezekiel Elliott: Cowboys 'don't have to have a rushing champion' to win Super Bowl
He's not making it any worse. He's putting more pressure on Zeke to show up. The team would be taking it in the shorts if this were a franchise tag holdout, but no one is feeling sorry for zeke who is still owed 2x what his QB is making.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird take for a Dak hater like yourself, since Watson is a spot on comparison for Dak. Difference is Watson has had a top 5 WR to throw to.

The only comparison between the two is they are both black. Dak is nowhere near the passer that Watson is or the playmaker once things break down in the pocket.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only comparison between the two is they are both black. Dak is nowhere near the passer that Watson is or the playmaker once things break down in the pocket.
Their stats say otherwise.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their stats say Watson is a better QB. I don't think you could find anyone outside of Dallas fans that would take Dak over Watson.
Their stats say they are just about equal.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Giants - W
2. @Redskins - W
3. Dolphins - W
4. @Saints - L
5. Packers - L
6. @Jets - W
7. Eagles - L
9. @Giants - W
10. Vikings - L
11. @Lions - W

12. Patriots - L
13. Bills - W
14. @Bears - L
15. Rams - L
16. @Eagles - L
17. Redskins - W

You were a little too optimistic there. Those are all loseable games, except for Miami, Detroit and maybe Buffalo.

The Cowboys are a 1-dimensional offense with Zeke. Without him, they just don’t have enough talent to win.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were a little too optimistic there. Those are all loseable games, except for Miami, Detroit and maybe Buffalo.

The Cowboys are a 1-dimensional offense with Zeke. Without him, they just don’t have enough talent to win.
Meh, we went 3-3 without him and the three losses were when Tyron didn't play. We have a better defense now, a better OL, and better WR's.