• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL The Zeke Elliot Fiasco

How does this fiasco end?

• Zeke caves, reports, and honors his contract.

• Jerry Jones caves, signs Zeke to an extension.

• Zeke holds out for the year or longer.

• All aboard the Jerry Jones grab ass bus for potato salad.

Results are only viewable after voting.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is basically the issue. After a seventh season a guy with Zeke's wear is pushing late 20's with two tags and his market value is basically shot.
And after a 1st round contract and 2 franchise tags, the in that situation has made $75 in 7 years. I don't think a $10M average annual salary is undervalued. Yeah he will have a lot of years on his legs, but as long as he takes care of himself (and zeke isn't injury prone) he will get that second contract in the 4/65M with $30m guaranteed range.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why they're the biggest bodies on the field. And when compared to RBs, the good linemen are getting paid for their work.

I get what youre saying here......but,the lineman get hit more than any other player..……..
And Im not against rbd getting paid either...……….they are an important part of a team...……...All positionsint heir own right are...…..

And I just think you can replace a zeke Elliot,but then again,James Conner pretty much proved me wrong last season...…..He may not have been Leveon bell,but he filled in admirably...…...I guess steelers coaches can thank the o-line for that...….

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is basically the issue. After a seventh season a guy with Zeke's wear is pushing late 20's with two tags and his market value is basically shot.
And $60M in his pocket. Not so horrible...

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we start 2-0 Zeke will play under his current contract.

We start 1-3, then Jerrah folds like a walmart picknic table.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it'll get done before the preseason is over.

My Cowboy fan work neighbor (we share a warehouse with another company) really seems to think the contract will get done this week or next week, but before week one according to whatever his sources are.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like its clear the Gurley contract was a mistake, so its kind of weird that still gets to get used as a metric. Sounds like Zeke is going to get his bloated contract and we are going to need Gallup to replace Cooper as the number 1 next season and maybe draft another WR early.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know what to think about it.... but dysfunction in Dallas makes me smile.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know what to think about it.... but dysfunction in Dallas makes me smile.
200.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“You focus on the guys who are here and the guys who are available,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Tuesday. “You are confronted with a lot of those situations over the course of the year. Hopefully you have built your team in such a way that you can go with the next guy. We feel good about that next guy. We will have different injuries throughout the year. And we can’t say, ‘Aw, when is he coming back?’ You move on. You put the next guy in there.

“Zeke has been a really good player for us. We love him as a guy. We love him as a player. We want to get him back in here. Right now, we are going with the guys we have. When Zeke gets back here, we will get him integrated as quickly as we can, and he will be a big part of our team.”

The Cowboys have offered high praise for rookie Tony Pollard, and they signed veteran Alfred Morris. They also have rookie Mike Weber.

They would rather have Elliott, who has led the league in rushing in two of his three seasons.

“We’re going to play with what we’ve got, and what we’ve got is a damn good back in Tony Pollard,” right guard Zack Martin said, via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News. “Obviously, we want [Elliott] out here, but we’re prepared to get ready for Week One.”

I think he'll be back soon but if he isn't back by this weekend, I just take it as Zeke doesn't want to play Football and it is time to move on until he decides he does. Just like if a guy is injured, it weakens the team, but you move on and find ways to win without him...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we start 2-0 Zeke will play under his current contract.

We start 1-3, then Jerrah folds like a walmart picknic table.

Why would he do that? The Cowboys have an offer on the table making him the 2nd highest paid RB in the league. The Cowboys have already folded at this point Zekes agent is just trying to negotiate a better guaranty. Its rumored that the current offer has language that voids the deal if he gets into trouble again(as it should).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he do that? The Cowboys have an offer on the table making him the 2nd highest paid RB in the league. The Cowboys have already folded at this point Zekes agent is just trying to negotiate a better guaranty. Its rumored that the current offer has language that voids the deal if he gets into trouble again(as it should).
How is that folding? It's the back and forth of negotiations. That doesn't make any sense.

Plus the first deal discussed here around what Bell makes was supposedly from months ago and this deal is supposedly from weeks ago

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckle up it may be a while and I reiterate, if you miss even one game Zeke...screw you and the Cowboys better not waive his fines for holding out if he misses a game.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep fighting the good fight Zeke. Force their hand, don't let them keep disrespecting you.