• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Warriors loss will be the best thing that happened to them all year...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you think of Diamond Stone. I was kind of surprised he dropped that far. I get that his game isn't typical for today's NBA but his skill set was there. I thought he would be a potential target for the Warriors, but they went with Jones instead.

I liked the Jones fit. A rim protection kind of guy with a mid range game to space the floor a little bit.

Stone is just too plodding for me and not enough of a monster down low to make up for it (like a D12, or even a Steven Adams).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i stand by my comment---- i think its delusional for you to think "expecting to see him a bit more McCaw early" and "he can definitely contribute some perimeter defense in the second unit"----

thats what i am saying- i dont thin kyo uare gonna see much of McCaw at all- certainly not as someone that is a main contributor in the 2nd unit....as i said- it happens on a level - a handful of times every couple decades- that i think to expect that is delusonal.

unless you just mean playing like 40 games and playing like 8-10 minutes a night- mostly on back to backs, etc....i think that is PERFECTLY reasonable. What draymond did as a rookie 13 minutes a night and 3 and 3 seems WAAAAAAAAAAY too much to "expect".

This is why so many people here can't stand you. You take a small quote related to a specific game where GS was getting throttled defensively and make huge inferences that are nothing resembling my original quote.

How in the hell does "MCCaw can provide defensive energy for the second unit and that I was expecting to see him in "

Turn into:

"McCaw will be a main contributor in the second unit."

I did not say anything like that. He is at best the 9th or 10th man, and that is not a main contributor. That still does not mean he can't help.

Stop being such a dick.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets define "impact on a championship caliber team" I think part of the problem is everyone has different definitions of what that means.

I don't necessarily agree with wiggy, but I also think that come July we won't look at the warriors season (win or lose) and say "wow, McCaw had a big impact".

I'm not saying this is how this all started, but lets just reset that as the baseline for what we expect of this guy since it has turned into such a big deal.

If your true expectations are of championship caliber, I don't think regular season minutes is much of an "impact". To me an impact on a championship caliber team means impact throughout the entirety of the playoffs (maybe a huge performance in several crucial games, or steady contribution throughout).

What do others think?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors suck balls, that's what I think.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets define "impact on a championship caliber team" I think part of the problem is everyone has different definitions of what that means.

I don't necessarily agree with wiggy, but I also think that come July we won't look at the warriors season (win or lose) and say "wow, McCaw had a big impact".

I'm not saying this is how this all started, but lets just reset that as the baseline for what we expect of this guy since it has turned into such a big deal.

If your true expectations are of championship caliber, I don't think regular season minutes is much of an "impact". To me an impact on a championship caliber team means impact throughout the entirety of the playoffs (maybe a huge performance in several crucial games, or steady contribution throughout).

What do others think?

Considering he played the same position as their best player, his contributions are already going to be limited.

But it wouldnt' shock me for him to hit a 3 per game in the playoffs with some solid D. He's just not going to get a ton of shots. His impact is going to be in the Harrison Barnes role, but he won't come anywhere near close to that amount of shots.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth, McCaw played more minutes in the first half tonight than Livingston or Clark

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth, McCaw played more minutes in the first half tonight than Livingston or Clark

He's a GREAT fit for that team.

Let him stand in the corner and hit the 3s that harrison barnes bricked all finals long.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a GREAT fit for that team.

Let him stand in the corner and hit the 3s that harrison barnes bricked all finals long.

maybe he can make those shots, but i don't think he can be asked to have the same defensive assignments barnes had. this is a relatively inaccurate comparison. Hopefully for warriors fans he can make the same shots when the pressure is on.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors look extremely sloppy on both ends

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MCCaw played 10 minutes in the first half before leaving with a sprained ankle.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a hint of sarcasm here. Seriously, Steve Kerr must be so happy right now.

Last night the Spurs put on a clinic on the Warriors. But really the best part about the game was that the Spurs exploited every single weakness the Warriors have. They attacked the rim because of no paint protection. They forced the Warriors into so many turnovers. The Warriors defensive rotations were not up to par. It was like the Spurs knew every aspect of the Warriors that could be exploited and did so with the ultimate ease.

This should make Steve Kerr ecstatic. He can now hammer home to the players that nothing, absolutely nothing is a given. The Warriors have high expectations now with Durant, but player ability alone will not be enough. The Warriors have to execute. They have to be precise. And most importantly they have a long way to go before they prove themselves as an Elite team without being anointed as champions outside the Cleveland area.

It would be far worse if the Warriors coasted towards the end of the season, without any adversity only to have their flaws exposed too late in the season for correction. The regular season does not matter (should not matter) this year to the Warriors and now they can begin their ascension. The Warriors don't have to worry about a home court win streak. They don't have to worry about any records. They can now just focus on getting better, which as we saw last night has a lot of room for improvement.

As I said from the very start, there are going to be growing pains with this team. Interior defense is going to be a problem. Over passing could be a problem (which was the case for some turnovers last night). Last night's game from a big picture perspective is going to be extremely important for the Warriors.
I really do agree with this although the Lakers championship run in 2001-2002, the Lakers had a terrific season and lost only one in the playoffs. So I go with the diversity route

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well your being delusional.

if you really think McCaw will produce this season as a rookie on a title contender- come up with a bet and let me know.

I mean- the funny thing is- y ou didnt say i am wrong- becuase you know i am right.

point to a couple examples of rookies that made meaningful contributions on championship contending teams- ESPECIALLY ones from the 2nd round.

its just funny- because i am confident that 5-6 months from now at the end of the season i will be quoting this post and i will be absolutely 100% percent right- and you will once again look like a complete fool

And its not like i have anything against McCaw- its simply applying very SIMPLE and BASIC logic. 2nd round picks almost NEVER help. McCaw will NOT be the exception. Book it.

i stand by my comment---- i think its delusional for you to think "expecting to see him a bit more McCaw early" and "he can definitely contribute some perimeter defense in the second unit"----

thats what i am saying- i dont thin kyo uare gonna see much of McCaw at all- certainly not as someone that is a main contributor in the 2nd unit....as i said- it happens on a level - a handful of times every couple decades- that i think to expect that is delusonal.

unless you just mean playing like 40 games and playing like 8-10 minutes a night- mostly on back to backs, etc....i think that is PERFECTLY reasonable. What draymond did as a rookie 13 minutes a night and 3 and 3 seems WAAAAAAAAAAY too much to "expect".

th

PuppyMonkeyBaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lousy? they've missed the playoffs ONCE since 2000. how is that lousy? And why are you wearing a Packers jersey if your team is the Arizona Cardinals?

Dirk could of gone to San Antonio Spurs, Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors, and even teams Toronto or the Clippers to have a chance to win another title. But he's loyal and stayed with the Mavericks. All I'm saying is was it that right move? As for why i'm wearing a Packer's jersey that's because i'm a huge Clay Matthews fan...

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk could of gone to San Antonio Spurs, Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors, and even teams Toronto or the Clippers to have a chance to win another title. But he's loyal and stayed with the Mavericks. All I'm saying is was it that right move? As for why i'm wearing a Packer's jersey that's because i'm a huge Clay Matthews fan...

so because Dirk didn't go to another team makes the Mavericks "lousy"? That doesn't make sense seeing how Mavs have been in the playoffs every year but one since 2000.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so because Dirk didn't go to another team makes the Mavericks "lousy"? That doesn't make sense seeing how Mavs have been in the playoffs every year but one since 2000.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they are lousy, but they are in a serious decline. Derrick Rose was MVP and Blake Griffin was rookie of the year the last time the Mavs won a playoff series.

In the past 5 years the 76ers have more playoff wins than Dallas. Call that a mark of excellence if you want I guess.

And yes, looking back in hindsight, probably wasn't the smartest move for Dirk to stay.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this thread becomes a regular season mainstay ill kill myself.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durantula looked like he was on a mission. Too bad he didn't have that determination last year when they were up 3-1 on his now current team lol